Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

No news is good news...I think we all waiting for something new so we can say something meaningful LOL. 3 More sleeps before Christmas. This is what I feel like regards Apex. Waiting on it like its Christmas. Has the Title art been released other then the pre-order Web banner?

No news is good news...I think we all waiting for something new so we can say something meaningful LOL. 3 More sleeps before Christmas. This is what I feel like regards Apex. Waiting on it like its Christmas. Has the Title art been released other then the per-order Web banner?

If I learned something through the years being an Arma/OFP  player since 2001 I learned to keep  my expectations low for the game and future expansions/updates. I recommend that you do the same to avoid disappointments in the future.

• Like 1

If I learned something through the years being an Arma/OFP  player since 2001 I learned to keep  my expectations low for the game and future expansions/updates. I recommend that you do the same to avoid disappointments in the future.

I do not know if your comment is likeable even though I totally agree. Let me explain. To like what you said is basically saying Yes I know it might be a huge let down. Maybe ruffle the Devs feathers. The barrage of Arma 3 criticisms is often incorrect. But there are also factually correct criticisms-Example Action Menu. Fan boys excuse all these. I am not a fan boy.

I love ArmA3 but I am not blind.  It quite honestly is unique and fun. So yes I agree with you! I do not want to be seen as a hater. I would like to encourage BIS to push hard because I will gladly pay for that. But I haven't pre-ordered because of A: Hype. B: I am deathly afraid its one island 3 new assault rifles a pistol and a guerrilla faction and that's that! The island to me is just that-an island. I like content.

Sure Modders have made ArmA 3 grow. Their work has really matured. RHS. CUP, Massi etc. Toadie. JSRS. But the oft used argument is Modders make the game better, if you unhappy get a Mod. Just accept a possible mediocre official release of a BIS DLC/ Expansion and off you go. But is it really the Modders role to complete their work? Or technically grow their IP? If RHS develops so much. Do we say its fine..because RHS is doing it. Lets just avoid asking BIS for the same.  Now technically you can say ArmA 3 with its two DLC's is complete. But after a few years now it needs something new only the Devs can create. So yes I am waiting...I would like to be wrong where Apex is beyond my expectations.

I will further be honest and have requested numerous times a pre-order option for Apex. It now has happened. But my whole frame of reference was the Pre-order was to be coupled to more info. That way I knew what I was getting. Pre-order now without any real valid confirmed features or content is a risk. You should reward hard work and innovation with a fair financial return.

Luetin09's video on Pre order is a reality check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKTIjIBsK5g

Again I hope I am wrong...seriously. I would be the first to apologize. But its also hard not to feel passionate about ArmA 3.

In short, I like to express big expectations, but in reality, I keep it low. This is to give BI possible ideas that maybe they didn't think of, because they would never know what to do if we all sat here quietly. In fact, I'm pretty certain the game wouldn't be what it is today if it weren't for us expressing so much.

We all hope Apex to double the content of the game. But will all now it will not happen.

In short, I like to express big expectations, but in reality, I keep it low. This is to give BI possible ideas that maybe they didn't think of, because they would never know what to do if we all sat here quietly. In fact, I'm pretty certain the game wouldn't be what it is today if it weren't for us expressing so much.

That's why I make a ticket on the feedback tracker each time there's something I don't like :P

We all hope Apex to double the content of the game. But will all now it will not happen.

That's why I make a ticket on the feedback tracker each time there's something I don't like :P

Well then, I will put some mod makers names in a Hat and do a lucky draw. What I would have paid for Apex. They will get that as a donation. Lets be honest they do need support. People need to vote with their wallets.

I am sorry...It says major expansion. You can argue semantics. But Major means alot. Unless it can mean a huge co-op show case and an island is major coupled to the odd Vic. and rubber duck.

I see that EDen may go to Stable month end reading the ArmA 3 page on Facebook. So its then either slow improved updates to the sound until we get a big reveal months from now. Or maybe we will get some new info come end of February.

Maybe Karel will drop some new yet surprise feature as big as Zeus. I kinda feel we getting the Emperors new clothes spiel here. Alot of stuff has been discussed months back. EDen. Shader tweaks. Sound. Which maybe is good to bring it up alot as if its a new thing-marketing. But "Major Expansion". Where is the major marketing? Seriously very cloak and dagger hush hush.

Maybe Karel will drop some new yet surprise feature as big as Zeus. I kinda feel we getting the Emperors new clothes spiel here. Alot of stuff has been discussed months back. EDen. Shader tweaks. Sound. Which maybe is good to bring it up alot as if its a new thing-marketing. But "Major Expansion". Where is the major marketing? Seriously very cloak and dagger hush hush.

Adaptive camo-Cloak and a Hand to Hand Dagger combat confirmed!!!

• Like 1

Seriously very cloak and dagger hush hush.

That's by design, considering how badly the old 2011-2012 footage/loose lips caught up to them in a big way in 2013.

• Like 1

That's by design, considering how badly the old 2011-2012 footage/loose lips caught up to them in a big way in 2013.

Precise. You can pretty much catch that very vibe just be the way BI constantly state, "We will provide more information, as soon as we feel we can commit to these changes/additions". They won't show us anything that isn't confirmed, which has me thinking that even now, they could very well be going through a company wide game of tug of war on just the factions alone. Remember how CSAT used to be legit Iran? Now it has no nationality. Of course, it's possible that could be due to not hurting the feelings of said regime by being in a game, but it's also possible that these types of decisions are a bit more complex than simply a story line. Kinda hence why in Bf4, China wasn't actually the determined "bad guy". But anyway, it's easily possible they want to get as much done in the most time they have to maximize the effect of revealing the content package. The best we can do is wait. April is the first month of Q2, so... That's 2 months away basically.

Adaptive camo-Cloak and a Hand to Hand Dagger combat confirmed!!!

If only I was a fly on the wall...may as well say palm tree and boat wreck confirmed. Or nothing confirmed confirmed. Perhaps someone close to the BIS Czech office can gate crash. Corporate espionage! Pizza delivery...

Even if the "for yours eyes only" is a valid technique to mitigate damage. There will be disappointed people. Unless suddenly before Q2 they have a huge change of heart and go into crises mode coupled to overtime and sum up the sum total of our wishes and crank out everything requested.

I doubt at this stage much will change. If the Q2 deadline is to be stuck with. That is end June. If you want to see Q2 through to its very end. 5 Months is what we have left including February. I don't think 5 months will be much time to make significant drastic changes. If any its likely rush to crank out more models. Or refine what they started on.

So if they worried about lose lips. They will still get a proportion of upset Gamers if they wait for the last day anyway. Unless they banking on pre-orders to rake in the revenue and when it drops its too late. Money in the bank. Then again we now have Steam refund. But the pre-order runs through the BIS store so if you or can you request a refund since inherently it wasn't technically bought on Steam?

Here is another worry. What happens if Apex is lack-luster. BIS will likely support ArmA 3 another few years marginally. I doubt we can expect another last kicks of the dying horse massive new DLC/ Expansion post Apex. So this is the swan song. After that is stability tweaks and maybe the odd lite feature but no new content. Again Mooders unite. Is it fair to judge ArmA 2 and its Operation Arrowhead with all its DLC's against ArmA 3 with two DLC's and Apex?

If only I was a fly on the wall...may as well say palm tree and boat wreck confirmed. Or nothing confirmed confirmed. Perhaps someone close to the BIS Czech office can gate crash. Corporate espionage! Pizza delivery...

Even if the "for yours eyes only" is a valid technique to mitigate damage. There will be disappointed people. Unless suddenly before Q2 they have a huge change of heart and go into crises mode coupled to overtime and sum up the sum total of our wishes and crank out everything requested.

I doubt at this stage much will change. If the Q2 deadline is to be stuck with. That is end June. If you want to see Q2 through to its very end. 5 Months is what we have left including February. I don't think 5 months will be much time to make significant drastic changes. If any its likely rush to crank out more models. Or refine what they started on.

So if they worried about lose lips. They will still get a proportion of upset Gamers if they wait for the last day anyway. Unless they banking on pre-orders to rake in the revenue and when it drops its too late. Money in the bank. Then again we now have Steam refund. But the pre-order runs through the BIS store so if you or can you request a refund since inherently it wasn't technically bought on Steam?

Here is another worry. What happens if Apex is lack-luster. BIS will likely support ArmA 3 another few years marginally. I doubt we can expect another last kicks of the dying horse massive new DLC/ Expansion post Apex. So this is the swan song. After that is stability tweaks and maybe the odd lite feature but no new content. Again Mooders unite. Is it fair to judge ArmA 2 and its Operation Arrowhead with all its DLC's against ArmA 3 with two DLC's and Apex?

We all understand BI's choice of the DLC's from this point on. However, they have added content after release. Example being the AAF had received a quote, "reinforcement" containing an MBT, IFV, and medium attack heli. So it's possible that after Apex, if they don't make the deadline and end up releasing anyway, a poco vilify of adding in content later, in the same manner. Of course though, maybe are determined to avoid post Apex additions.

I understand you are hyped, I'm too. But I think after the release of the 1.56 the Apex info and dev branch stuff flow will begin as they did with the A3 alpha/beta, the Campaign Episodes or the DLCs.

Right now they are focusing in polishing Eden.

BTW they already gave some info:

Full new South Pacific archipelago map, with Fiji inspiration. That's the big one.

Then they have shown or hinted: a Civilian plane, a water scooter, a zodiac with a wheel, two Spec Ops buggy, a VTOL aircraft and a coop campaign.

Which is already a good set of stuff, having in mind the price of the DLCs andd the content they brought.

I'm quite confident they will add at least some guerrilla faction, and retextures and slight modifications for CSAT & NATO troops and vehicles (maybe with non-clonic turrets).

Maybe even new amphibious tracked vehicles and even a little ship...

And that would already make a pretty solid Expansion, specially for 30 bucks.

I understand you are hyped, I'm too. But I think after the release of the 1.56 the Apex info and dev branch stuff flow will begin as they did with the A3 alpha/beta, the Campaign Episodes or the DLCs.

Full new South Pacific archipelago map, with Fiji inspiration. That's the big one.

Then they have shown or hinted: a Civilian plane, a water scooter, a zodiac with a wheel, two Spec Ops buggy, a VTOL aircraft and a coop campaign.

Which is already a good set of stuff, having in mind the price of the DLCs andd the content they brought.

I'm quite confident they will add at least some guerrilla faction, and retextures and slight modifications for CSAT & NATO troops and vehicles (maybe with non-clonic turrets).

Finally someone who agrees that its even now in pre order status definetly worth getting the expansion!

It is a very good expansion indeed (I mean give me 5 companies that give the same content in an DLC as they do)

The story hints of a major pacific crises. If its a small boat, buggy and guerrilla faction. I am not sure if those assets can be seen in a military context used in the premise of a major Flashpoint. We invading with Schwinn Mountain bikes and Suzuki Motorcross bikes. When I think pacific I think US Marines.

Console based rigid rubber duck...non military. You can then say what about a Row boat? Boring? So is a basic inflatable even if it has a steering wheel.

Jetski...non military.

Plane...non military. What sight see?

All these to me are pointless. You may as well be able to drive the seen excavator or have a giant CAT dump truck. Or play around stacking Port containers with the Harbour crane. Maybe throw in even some jalopy island cars.

RHS builds military gear. Imagine if RHS built Toyotas and Man trucks. I don't think we would be that keen or excited about your updates then. Because well its a military Game. If its just that above as you said. How is it then a Mod team-who works for free and does it for "hobby". Who doesn't have all the access to the trade secrets. How is it that it cranks out more then BIS?

Okay sure they(BIS) are maybe building bigger systems Arsenal. Zeus End Game. Bug hunting multi player code. Maybe you can argue RHS has started longer back or they have more modelers. If it was the case just maybe BIS couldn't commit to such huge updates. Why not on Contract employ RHS? I have suggested this the key roll players at BIS. If you cannot handle the work-out source. Its not rocket science. Yes I know about Black Element but I only saw civilian stuff. Boat wrecks. huts etc.

VTOL...jury out on scope and angle of this. Modernised V22 Osprey or Osprey mixed with Spooky gunship? This is Military

LSV...would like to see an armed variant.. Again waiting to see scope and angle of what it can do.

Tanoa...tropical island. You maintain only BIS can pull off an awesome island. True. Its their Engine. But there are already awesome Islands. CUP terrains porting over a lot of older terrains. More bang for your buck and its again free. So an Island isn't for me a good enough reason I want Apex.

Here is more context if Dice did Battlefield 5 and the rest of their DLC's were civilian packs...cars boats helicopters. Would they sell? I doubt it because it doesn't support its premise. Blowing Sh!t up!

Lastly if they are banking on the confirmed stuff...I wouldn't call this a major expansion. I would call it a DLC. And not some cool name like Apex. I would call it The Tanoan DLC.

I'm afraid I don't see the relationship between the Battlefield series and the OFP / Arma one which are quite different games. One is an arcade with little maps and the other a full fledged sandbox that with few mods can be turned in an infantry-centric light simulator.

OFP / Arma has never been about huge conventional battles, it's always been more about conventional skirmishes and unconventional war, try to add a full-strength US Army battalion in-game and see what happens to your PC.

Specially if the map in hand is a jungly tropical archipelago like Tanoa, setting that is the irregular warfare paradise. Check what kind of training the USMC MEU do in South East Asia / Oceania.

Heck in the USMC, the main US force in the Pacific, you can't even find mechanized/motorized infantry (the AAV or transport trucks are assigned temporally to infantry units for certain missions).

On the military gear I most often use for the main sides RHS or the A3 vanilla + released DLCs stuff that already covers most of the conventional stuff: tracked IFV, wheeled APC p, MRAP and transport; patrol boats and assault rafts, Spec Ops submarine, transport and attack helos, drones and CAS planes, etc.. Something I missed a lot with A3 is more Civilian and Guerrilla stuff. To develope realistic war environments, not arcade pew pew ones.

You have to remember that wars are not mostly fought in unhabited barrens (with the exception of Artic and Antarctic warfare), but usually modern warfare happens in populated areas, where civilians are one of the most important facts to have in mind (ask the US DoD about the Civilians support importance in Iraq and Afghanistan... or The Ukrainian Gov about the population support in the pro-Russian areas... or the different factions of the Syrian war, and so on).

Besides it's not unsual for US SOCOM units to use civilian vehicles like pickups or boats (being them captured or bought and tuned up in the States).

www.americanspecialops.com/vehicles/nstv/

PS: On RHS modelling Toyotas and man trucks, as they are used quite often by the US SOCOM, so they are obviously in our wishlist, and not in the lower end ;)

• Like 3

The story hints of a major pacific crises. If its a small boat, buggy and guerrilla faction. I am not sure if those assets can be seen in a military context used in the premise of a major Flashpoint. We invading with Schwinn Mountain bikes and Suzuki Motorcross bikes. When I think pacific I think US Marines.

Console based rigid rubber duck...non military. You can then say what about a Row boat? Boring? So is a basic inflatable even if it has a steering wheel.

Jetski...non military.

Plane...non military. What sight see?

All these to me are pointless. You may as well be able to drive the seen excavator or have a giant CAT dump truck. Or play around stacking Port containers with the Harbour crane. Maybe throw in even some jalopy island cars.

RHS builds military gear. Imagine if RHS built Toyotas and Man trucks. I don't think we would be that keen or excited about your updates then. Because well its a military Game. If its just that above as you said. How is it then a Mod team-who works for free and does it for "hobby". Who doesn't have all the access to the trade secrets. How is it that it cranks out more then BIS?

Okay sure they(BIS) are maybe building bigger systems Arsenal. Zeus End Game. Bug hunting multi player code. Maybe you can argue RHS has started longer back or they have more modelers. If it was the case just maybe BIS couldn't commit to such huge updates. Why not on Contract employ RHS? I have suggested this the key roll players at BIS. If you cannot handle the work-out source. Its not rocket science. Yes I know about Black Element but I only saw civilian stuff. Boat wrecks. huts etc.

VTOL...jury out on scope and angle of this. Modernised V22 Osprey or Osprey mixed with Spooky gunship? This is Military

LSV...would like to see an armed variant.. Again waiting to see scope and angle of what it can do.

Tanoa...tropical island. You maintain only BIS can pull off an awesome island. True. Its their Engine. But there are already awesome Islands. CUP terrains porting over a lot of older terrains. More bang for your buck and its again free. So an Island isn't for me a good enough reason I want Apex.

Here is more context if Dice did Battlefield 5 and the rest of their DLC's were civilian packs...cars boats helicopters. Would they sell? I doubt it because it doesn't support its premise. Blowing Sh!t up!

Lastly if they are banking on the confirmed stuff...I wouldn't call this a major expansion. I would call it a DLC. And not some cool name like Apex. I would call it The Tanoan DLC.

Regarding the non-military-concerns, for me it looks like BI is just trying to satisfy all audiences with the upcoming expansion.

Like it or not, altis life and dayz(-ish) mods have probably doubled Arma's potential player base. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Furthermore I dont't think Tanoa is "just another island". A thing that is rarely metioned is the superior complexity of official A3 Terrain compared to A2.

I'm talking about map displacements in particular - e.g. there's always a spot nearby to find cover, adding a lot of diversity to PvP battles.

And it's not like even milsim players couldn't complain about lack of immersion due to a lack of 'appropriate' (however they defined it) civilian assets for ambiance.

Besides it's not unsual for US SOCOM units to use civilian vehicles like pickups or boats (being them captured or bought and tuned up in the States).

www.americanspecialops.com/vehicles/nstv/

PS: On RHS modelling Toyotas and man trucks, well, they are certainly in our wishlist, and not in the lower end ;)

To say nothing of how ubiquitous such vehicles have proven as a basis for 'irregular'/motorized warfare, since I'm sure you're among those who know the variety of such vehicles "uparmed" in non-Western military use... I'd definitely count it as a negative if Bohemia's designers/modelers didn't give the option to "uparm" the civilian-seeming vehicles in Apex to that effect, whether via variant models like the Offroad (Armed) or hide/show animations. (I'm not counting FFV here since at this point I expect that, and they already said that the LSVs would offer both FFV and mounted weapon options.)
  • Like 1

Couldn't agree more.

In practically all 20th and 21st century wars the Civilian component has been a key factor.

Even in huge conventional wars, regular units used Civiliand assets. Like in this WW1 example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Taxi_de_la_Marne

Not to talk about the massive use of bicycles by the Wehrmacht in WW2:

http://www.milweb.net/webverts/56287/

As you can see bicycles are still used as important means of transport for infantry, for example the Tanoan neighbors like the Tamil Tigers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_infantry

So imagine the civilian plane, cars, trucks and stuff... Actually the USAF uses civilian planes for recon, insertion and VIP transport.

I do still hope there is a fair bit more to be released in terms of info and actual content for Tanoa. 
I myself haven't pre-ordered as of yet in hopes of more info being released before making my decision. 
I will however be buying the content closer or after released regardless as with so many new vehicles that are going to be added, you would easily feel left out in any multiplayer match.

Which brings me to my next point that I think will split many of your opinions.

I think a Life server on Tanoa if done properly could be lots of fun.
Combining a pacific island police force relying on buggies and boats to combat drug trades etc sounds like lots of fun.
Even just the scenarios outside the life situation that could be created excite me alongside the implied new underwater landscapes.

Not to mention all of the functions and features that will be released to everyone for free.

So imagine the civilian plane, cars, trucks and stuff... Actually the USAF uses civilian planes for recon, insertion and VIP transport.

To say nothing of how intelligence services lean on civil aviation in addition to military... or did people forget that Air America was a thing?

Combining a pacific island police force relying on buggies and boats to combat drug trades etc sounds like lots of fun.

This is exactly the sort of scenario for which I'd be expecting to see "uparmed" civilian vehicles, or at least more in the way of FFV slots -- for shame, the vanilla rubber boats have all four passenger slots FFV but not the armed speedboats or (even more gallingly) the motorboat?? There's also a surprising-to-me number of vehicle seats that I would think should support FFV but don't, i.e. the rear seats inside a M-900 or MH-9 Hummingbird.

I'm afraid I don't see the relationship between the Battlefield series and the OFP / Arma one which are quite different games. One is an arcade with little maps and the other a full fledged sandbox that with few mods can be turned in an infantry-centric light simulator. Let me try explain. Well if Dice created DLCs that weren't not related to Battlefield. Guns, planes and tanks etc. I doubt people will pay for them. There is a departure from what they do. Much like I am saying if BIS is banking on that the basics of a Jetski and rubber duck and a few odds and ends will keep us happy. I would have to say they need to check their market analysis. Yes I know it wont just be that. But alot of people felt the two DLC's were lack luster. Why do you think I am not pre-ordering as I did then.

You may be an exception because you benefit/ have benefited from ArmA 3. Perhaps you don't mind limited content. But not all of us are modders. We expect the company to do for us what you do for yourselves. I would like to make stuff I like. And I am not saying what you are doing is bad. You guys get a lot of requests because people like what you do. But if RHS gives me more I may as well pay RHS for their Mod. Even if its just a donation.

OFP / Arma has never been about huge conventional battles, it's always been more about conventional skirmishes and unconventional war, try to add a full-strength US Army battalion in-game and see what happens to your PC. True....I am not saying I want the whole standing US  Pacific Navy and a battalion of Marines with all their gear. I just mean I will feel let down if I get maybe 3 new Toys that are military focused and the rest are civilian fluff. BUT! If you feel ArmA 3 is about using the basics why do you guys at RHS push to try make most conventional current weapon systems? Why even have consider all the AKS and M4s and Uniforms etc. Because you know people are enthusiasts. We want variety.

Specially if the map in hand is a jungly tropical archipelago like Tanoa, setting that is the irregular warfare paradise. Check what kind of training the USMC MEU do in South East Asia / Oceania. Not necessarily, not all of it is guerrilla stuff. I have seen LCACs and Amtracs landing conventional Marines. Its not necessary Force Recon always. But I have also wondered if Apex would be more a Spec ops setting.

Heck in the USMC, the main US force in the Pacific, you can't even find mechanized/motorized infantry (the AAV or transport trucks are assigned temporally to infantry units for certain missions). The biggest issue I always had with ArmA 3 is how did the stuff get on land or there? So cant I have a big Antonov and Galaxy or a Russian Hover craft and a US LCAC? I guess I expect a moderate conventional force.

On the military gear I most often use for the main sides RHS or the A3 vanilla + released DLCs stuff that already covers most of the conventional stuff: tracked IFV, wheeled APC p, MRAP and transport; patrol boats and assault rafts, Spec Ops submarine, transport and attack helos, drones and CAS planes, etc.. Something I missed a lot with A3 is more Civilian and Guerrilla stuff. To develope realistic war environments, not arcade pew pew ones. But you guys are making these. You not even focusing of Spec ops because you creating a balanced conventional force(s) first. Again BIS/Apex can we have the same?

You have to remember that wars are not mostly fought in unhabited barrens (with the exception of Artic and Antarctic warfare), but usually modern warfare happens in populated areas, where civilians are one of the most important facts to have in mind (ask the US DoD about the Civilians support importance in Iraq and Afghanistan... or The Ukrainian Gov about the population support in the pro-Russian areas... or the different factions of the Syrian war, and so on). If they get in the way we will Grad strike them and blame the other party. Jokes aside I will have to think of a suitable reply.

Besides it's not unsual for US SOCOM units to use civilian vehicles like pickups or boats (being them captured or bought and tuned up in the States). NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want me some Gun boats like Act of Valor. Door kickers be damned and their technicals and manly beards. You killing me!

www.americanspecialops.com/vehicles/nstv/ Double killing me!

PS: On RHS modelling Toyotas and man trucks, as they are used quite often by the US SOCOM, so they are obviously in our wishlist, and not in the lower end ;) Triple killing me! We dont want Mad Max here. Anyway thanks for the passion RHS/ Misty. Well if you making cars can I have a Lada?

And no disrespect to you Misty. I believe what you do is a high standard.

@graemeshute

Using OFP Red Hammer and Arma 2: Op Arrowhead as the BIS models of expansions, there will be a fair amount of military content and civilian assets (not to mention new campaign, showcases and Tanoa itself!), not just "fluff" as you seem to think. With the DLCs for Arma 3, the game is vastly different. I can't remember the last time I was prone and didn't deploy or played with the normal flight model.

I expect all of those things from an expansion. I would however like BIS to push their usual envelope though, so either better civilian presence/ interaction, a better storyline (like why CSAT are bad, basic background!), women, naval assets. Perhaps more interactive foliage if we're in the jungle?

As this topic is going into a wish list, I'd like to say naval fights improvements, which include more boats, best submarine visuals, more assets for divers...

Additionally, a military transport aircraft would be nice if VTOLs can't handle that purpose, and overhaul new variants of existing vehicles, or new vehicles of each class. I don't see which new weapons they could add.

Out of assets, what features are announced for now ?