Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

in any case, please BIS, add on the expansion some cute bridges! The two on vanilla are atrocious and a modular "CIty HALL" all municipalities in ALTIS don't have a mayor.......  :D

in any case, please BIS, add on the expansion some cute bridges! The two on vanilla are atrocious and a modular "CIty HALL" all municipalities in ALTIS don't have a mayor....... :D

Oh yeah, this is a good point. Altis lacks Government buildings. The most they have are 3 medium sized office building complex in Pyrgos... Not very fitting, as it's the exact same building pasted 3 times neatly.

you know, the animation system sure could use an overhaul.

they're actually quite robotic and jerky.

especially things like leaning or changing stances. and moving a little left or right. 

and there's a lag when doing things. gets very bad in firefights. but its like a short delay between touch and doing. makes the game feel clunkier than it needs.and makes the games less accessible as people feel its not responsive.

and then theres the getting hit effects. needs work.

if we're going to be in an overgrown island maybe there's need for more control while moving, and a better animation set to help navigate all the obstacles a tropical island can put in our way.

Oh yeah, this is a good point. Altis lacks Government buildings. The most they have are 3 medium sized office building complex in Pyrgos... Not very fitting, as it's the exact same building pasted 3 times neatly.

They Greeks. They all busy with Tapas and food. Not like they do more then that LOL.

• Like 1

They Greeks. They all busy with Tapas and food. Not like they do more then that LOL.

Weren't tapas only a Castilian Spanish thing?  :P

• Like 1

you know, the animation system sure could use an overhaul.

they're actually quite robotic and jerky.

especially things like leaning or changing stances. and moving a little left or right. 

and there's a lag when doing things. gets very bad in firefights. but its like a short delay between touch and doing. makes the game feel clunkier than it needs.and makes the games less accessible as people feel its not responsive.

and then theres the getting hit effects. needs work.

if we're going to be in an overgrown island maybe there's need for more control while moving, and a better animation set to help navigate all the obstacles a tropical island can put in our way.

It's too bad. DayZ has already overhauled the mechanics of animations supposedly to a whole new level. However, it's said to be an Engine level thing, which is Impossible for Bohemia Interactive to undertake at this time, or at all for that matter. Maybe in the next Arma that might never exist.

On another note, though... They need to add the small Infantry rocket launchers the Canadians, and British SF have. Hehe.

Weren't tapas only a Castilian Spanish thing?  :P

Bluking? LOL Why no Tapas from Papas or Olive Hut? My understanding Tapas is a Greek thing.

Bluking? LOL Why no Tapas from Papas or Olive Hut? My understanding Tapas is a Greek thing.

Allow me a bit of OT:

All about Tapas

Tapas: the essential guide to bar food in Spain

Wikipedia: Tapas

What are Tapas?

In any case, what's 99% sure is that you won't find tapas in Tanoa (and probably in Altis neither)  :P

- - - 

So any bets on when the new dev diary on Tanoa will be released? 

• Like 2

the  PITA is greek is very similar at tapas but with different ingredients

@mystyronin

surely today! 

Advanced Flight Model for VTOL aircraft ?

That will be interesting indeed

Allow me a bit of OT:All about TapasTapas: the essential guide to bar food in SpainWikipedia: TapasWhat are Tapas?

In any case, what's 99% sure is that you won't find tapas in Tanoa (and probably in Altis neither) :P

- - -

Never again. Your freaking making me hungry.

Ehem... On another note, Tanoa Diary I suspect will drop first month of Q2, or a month before. Eden is suspected to drop later this month, in which I would have to guess BI would use the remaining time frame to go into crunch time for content and presentation. They're going to need to get out a decent trailer because a fly over of an unpopulated map that lets be honest, was still extremely WIP, is not the way to get people to buy things from you. We need a proper trailer.

• Like 1

Never again. Your freaking making me hungry.

Ehem... On another note, Tanoa Diary I suspect will drop first month of Q2, or a month before. Eden is suspected to drop later this month, in which I would have to guess BI would use the remaining time frame to go into crunch time for content and presentation. They're going to need to get out a decent trailer because a fly over of an unpopulated map that lets be honest, was still extremely WIP, is not the way to get people to buy things from you. We need a proper trailer.

They're probably gonna release the proper trailer for Apex with its release, just like how they've done that with all their other stuff. I really hope this time we'll get the trailer 1-2 months before release

They're probably gonna release the proper trailer for Apex with its release, just like how they've done that with all their other stuff. I really hope this time we'll get the trailer 1-2 months before release

There were trailers for Arma 3 before it was out. It's possible. But we really don't have much info other than new civi vehicles, couple known, rest undisclosed. Military gear, couple known, rest undisclosed. New island with points of interest. Name of island and flag of island are known, but all we have are a few glimpses of specific forest areas, and distant fly overs of industrial and cities. No real representation of infrastructure really. I guess it's alright, but it's not quite enough. We need an in-depth visual representation of the context behind what we are paying into, in my opinion.

Allow me a bit of OT:

All about Tapas

Tapas: the essential guide to bar food in Spain

Wikipedia: Tapas

What are Tapas?

In any case, what's 99% sure is that you won't find tapas in Tanoa (and probably in Altis neither)  :P

- - - 

Misty quite honestly don't change LOL. So what you saying Moroccan food is out or at least Iranian kebabs is also not on the menu.

If you hoping for Dev Diary on Tanoa. I think based on BIS'es tight lippedness on this. Expect this after EDen goes Stable. More so end March or maybe even end April. I have purposely not Pre-ordered because as much as the new island is the crown jewel as Jay Crowe has mentioned. I am all about those new bang sticks. Vehicles and Military content.

• Like 1

the  PITA is greek is very similar at tapas but with different ingredients

@mystyronin

surely today! 

The food was good enough for a large scale invasion...which also inherently was the cause of the civil war over flour prices. It was called pita bread incident.

Can we please Bohemia Beck, Jorris, Jay Crowe or Petka....Anyone reading this.

Can we PLEASE. Have some new update. Asks in a Joe Pesci Lethal Weapon voice.

• Like 1

Can we please Bohemia Beck, Jorris, Jay Crowe or Petka....Anyone reading this.

Can we PLEASE. Have some new update. Asks in a Joe Pesci Lethal Weapon voice.

New update: Master lord Joris is written with single "R" and I am pettka with double "T" :icon_twisted:

• Like 5

New update: Master lord Joris is written with single "R" and I am pettka with double "T" :icon_twisted:

He lives...Pettka with two t's. Sorry my Czech is a little rusty. I like how you changed the topic from my request to correct etiquette on how to spell the BIS developers names. Do you have political/ PR accreditation LOL it was handled with such splendid brilliance.

I wonder how cool it would be if we got that carry feature from DayZ? You know the one where they can pick up wheels and stuff with their hands and carry them around? How cool it would be if we could pick up ammo boxes and put them on a boat and transport them between islands and stuff. Or carry supplies and construct FOB's and outposts. Or put gear in a bag, for example your team mate dies, you can then put his stuff in the bag, and carry his bag. Of course, it would require you to be vulnerable because you can't shoot back while carrying a gun in one hand, a bag in the other and one on your back. Couple of random thoughts.

• Like 2

hahafavicon.png

He lives...Pettka with two t's. Sorry my Czech is a little rusty. I like how you changed the topic from my request to correct etiquette on how to spell the BIS developers names. Do you have political/ PR accreditation LOL it was handled with such splendid brilliance.

Now I am confused Pettka has two ways to spell his name. His Twitter account.  Pettka - Petr Kolář. And Joris is really from Amsterdam. I thought he was Czech. Sorry dude...

Now I am confused Pettka has two ways to spell his name. His Twitter account.  Pettka - Petr Kolář. And Joris is really from Amsterdam. I thought he was Czech. Sorry dude...

Can we get back on topic please   :icon_idea:

• Like 2