Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

I mean, maybe not a reproduction of these trailer in Arma but very short videos to confirm that an aspect of the gameplay will be improved in Apex, or at least to reach the final level of hype before official announcements.

I mean, maybe not a reproduction of these trailer in Arma but very short videos to confirm that an aspect of the gameplay will be improved in Apex, or at least to reach the final level of hype before official announcements.

I don't think it would make much sense to do side orders when the main course is just around the corner is what i meant. =P 

--EDIT : message deleted, wrong thread, sorry

We all know there is no (or almost none) new info about Apex since a long time, beside of course release 1.60, but I'm curious if BI themselve said anything abaut why they follow this road of silence?

I think that the main reason is to avoid over-expectation like before Arma 3 release.

And this Tweet follow the same idea : Underpromise, overdeliver. They're under-promising right now.

I think that the main reason is to avoid over-expectation like before Arma 3 release.

And this Tweet follow the same idea : Underpromise, overdeliver. They're under-promising right now.

I would like to ditch this idea

http://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/underpromise-and-overdeliver-is-terrible-advice.html

Simply tell what you aim to do, when is expected* and this promise is backed by prototype

(so you eliminate false overconfident promises)

*Date may be delayed.

On a side, we trust them. But on another side, as we have no clue of the volume of content we'll get,

1 - a part of the community will feel like it's underdelivery

2 - a part of the community will get something close from their expectations

3 - only the remaining part (without taking those who don't care into account) will feel the overdelivery (if it's what's planned)

so it was certainly a good idea to reveal stuff this way at least once, but I don't think that they will do this again for future announcement (DLC, games...)

Or at least, they will probably reveal content sooner than this time.

I agree. I trust bohemians just as well.

Part of community will always feel is underdelivered.But that is fine if people feel that underdelivered that will always exists.

It has, and it will.

That is just nature of game business since people hold games close to their hearts.

Simply tell what you aim to do, when is expected* and this promise is backed by prototype

(so you eliminate false overconfident promises)

*Date may be delayed.

After the "Discussion of Axed Features" thread debacle of 2013 I believe they believe that any of the above "what you aim to do, when is expected*" would be held against them by anyone who felt underdelivered.

I believe BI carries a lot of goodwill from the community and it's not a matter of trust, but more about understanding each other. We seem to fail there (BI ánd community that is).

• Like 1

But what happens if they using the under promise and over deliver routine as a scapegoat as in we didn't promised nothing. so therefore accept a thread bare Expansion? Convenient hey?

There is a huge difference of over hyping a game and a measured approach. If you work on something you can see how far you can push it what is doable and not doable. That way you can work on your marketing based off that.

If they dont want to show of features and models like Gear. Simple...What about the Tanoa island? Surely some beach or plam tree images is not over promising? What about a little fun gimmicky thing on their site. Like guess the new Camo for Tanoa? Sure show nothing but at least intrigue people to stick around and eager for said expansion. Even Petr doesn't say much here even if its nothing factual. Wait do we matter? That's a valid question.

But if I said fine guys we will cancel our pre orders until we get facts. Then I am the bad guy. I mean really no pitch at all and this Expansion will make you money. Are you doing this to not make money? I mean come on guys. I get the idea you running around trying bail a ship already sinking in hopes its gets stable enough to say finally we can set sail. Its like the Fresh air marketing plan. I don't get it and if people more logical and cleverer then me don't how far off the mark can we be?

PS. I get the whole "we on lock down" theory. But why not even a confirmation when they can say something? Other then maybe this week. Maybe before E3. You will see some stuff on Dev. But can we get at least dates now? Not even asking any more for content. Just dates?

Yeah, but they underpromised Tanoa almost a year ago, then severely underdelivered on information about it. It's less than a month to release and there's still no information. They announced it too soon. Whether the silence was deliberate, or the result of some setback or change of direction like with the Arma 3 development, we may never know. As for avoiding over-expectation, I don't think that has worked, do you? Just look at this travesty of a thread, and the 'Dev blog and reveals' thread before it. Speculation has reached its absolute Ap... zenith. Over the last year, people have jumped on the least little hint of a shadow of information about the expansion; over-analysing tweets, zooming in on the background of video stills, often pointing out incredibly minor things in screenshots and drawing, frankly, idiotic conclusions about them.

There are going to be people who will complain about the variety or level of content anyway, as they always do, but the prolonged gap between announcement and release has only served to raise hopes about what's going to be included.  For those who are disappointed, the let-down will be far worse than if the expansion had been announced six months ago. Maybe an ARG would have helped.

(I pre-ordered a while back and my expectations are level. Just saying.)

I admit that I do my best to avoid expecting things that are not announced yet.

Aside of VTOL and LSV, we have no limit about what we can expect. Will they double the content of the game, or only add vehicles that are already announced?

it's maybe not too late for an arg, like one week before E3.

(we're more talking about their choices than our speculations :D)

When they say under promise, over deliver, that doesn't include information about what they've promised or are going to be delivering, but rather about the content/features itself once the information on it is revealed. They don't have to tell us anything really, but on the other hand, it's not infringing on their status quo. They do tease us ever so slightly once in a (very long) while. 

Honestly, if it came out tomorrow, it would be a huge over-delivery for me. Even if the content is pretty close to whats already confirmed. I would spend my entire Saturday playing with all the newness.

On the other hand, If they doubled the weapons and vehicles, and added a new camo with its own full line of gear, but didn't release it till 2017, I would consider it extreme under-delivery.

I want lots of new stuff, granted, but bitter under-delivery vs awesome over-delivery, for me at least, has as much to do with the timing as anything.

Once it starts appearing as an early release for DEV build, you will know it's on its way.

Although my feeling is it will slip into the 3rd-4th quarter.

This is how far they are...dialog is still being updated for different languages. Likely related to Campaign. But I think we not seeing anything because they still busy.

VojtÄ›ch Schubert â€@falagor 17h17 hours ago

Preparing #Arma3 Apex dialogues for #translation. I am no military newbie, but I learn quite a lot of new military terminology. Neat!

This is how far they are...dialog is still being updated for different languages. Likely related to Campaign. But I think we not seeing anything because they still busy.

VojtÄ›ch Schubert â€@falagor 17h17 hours ago

Preparing #Arma3 Apex dialogues for #translation. I am no military newbie, but I learn quite a lot of new military terminology. Neat!

NO they are just to busy reading this topic and keeping track of social media with all the speculation....

Of course they are working full throttle on APEX, and if i remember correctly the first period after the APEX got announced they said release Q2/Q3, they made this Q2 (and still people complaining it is taking to long :-p ). Maybe they just should have said 2nd half of 2016, than all the spamming on twitter and this topic would have started last month :-p

Think we all just need to take a breath and let the devs do their thing, don't forget they are mostly all "die hard ARMA players" he came from the community to work at BI. I know for sure if they would have something to share (what can be shared as in "under promise, over deliver) they would share it, this game is something they are verry proud of and seeing how much support by the devs still is beeing done (ARMA2 team was much smaller shortly after initial release), they would want to scream of the rooftops with what they are working on and show us some details.

I guess they still have alot of WIP before they can make any confirmations (promises) what will be in APEX.

Their Quality and audit team will probely be verry busy testing the internal build finding alot of bugs wich needs sorting.

Just my 5 cent on how I see the the current status on APEX.

Send with mobile

The closer we are from the end of the month, the higher the hype is, and the slower times goes by :P

My time stopped running since May month. It doesn't want to move :(
That is how hyped i am

Sent from the past

• Like 1

Still what news will be coming? dev diary with maybe a little dev- branch testing of some content/features or maybe the map. Any update about APEX is more than welcome ;-)

Send with mobile

Still what news will be coming? dev diary with maybe a little dev- branch testing of some content/features or maybe the map. Any update about APEX is more than welcome ;-)

Send with mobile

We are just having discussion here 

http://i.imgur.com/drv4Dw6.jpg

no offense but if you don't like what we are talking about just skip it