Ive noticed with the loadout manager it deletes things like rifle ammo when u load a class.

I use loadout manager, arsenal, back to loadout manager and save class. When i load the saved class ammo is down to 1 mag??

Like HeroesandVillainsOS said, make sure you are using the hotfix from last night. I had accidentally made a typo that saved uniformItems twice in place of the vestItems.

@HeroesandVillainsOS

Here's how it should look

https://gyazo.com/8656a11277a3f0d2a8778536e0d81c86

https://gyazo.com/53d84535a135324b8f3a807a4927346c

• Like 2

Is it possible to edit the loadout of vanilla faction units using Arsenal ( gear and weapon mods) and save it that way that edited units will always spawn in saved missions using the new loadouts ( for example when spawned in groups using allive).This would be an amazing way to simply create new factions for mission makers without doing all the config stuff :).

Like HeroesandVillainsOS said, make sure you are using the hotfix from last night. I had accidentally made a typo that saved uniformItems twice in place of the vestItems.

@HeroesandVillainsOS

Here's how it should look

https://gyazo.com/8656a11277a3f0d2a8778536e0d81c86

https://gyazo.com/53d84535a135324b8f3a807a4927346c

Ah cool, thanks.

Do the clients need this mod as well?

Pretty sure as soon as you place a module it becomes a dependency on the mission, so I would say yes.

• Like 1

Do the clients need this mod as well?

Yes. Like stu81 posted, modules are executed on all clients.

Is it possible to edit the loadout of vanilla faction units using Arsenal ( gear and weapon mods) and save it that way that edited units will always spawn in saved missions using the new loadouts ( for example when spawned in groups using allive).This would be an amazing way to simply create new factions for mission makers without doing all the config stuff :).

There is a way to do it, and I've made a few posts on it in the past. I'll try looking for them and linking them here.

No guarantee it'll be fast though, been really busy lately.

The new loadout manager is awesome Spyder! Thanks again for your hard work. Very few mods have added so much to my missions. 

• Like 2

The new loadout manager is awesome Spyder! Thanks again for your hard work. Very few mods have added so much to my missions. 

Hoping to bring the same reaction as I iterate through each module and try to bring them up-to-code.

Next up (hopefully), civilian interaction.

• Like 1

A couple of questions.....

I'm trying to create a player insurgency missions where players are the mujahadeen fighting the invading Soviet union.

I want to use the following modules.....

Detection (so we can drive around as civs).

Insurgency (so we can build ied factories etc).

Ambience (for civilian vehicles with random friendly insurgent filled cars).

My question is how WIP are the first two?

What works best for detection. (Thought I had it set up right and the Russians shot at me right away).

I've had success with the ambience module not synced on kunduz but on Takistan it won't spawn any.

Do you have a spare static.sqf that would tell Russians to use Russian vics and ammo boxes at their base and for reinforcements etc?

Thanks.

A couple of questions.....

I'm trying to create a player insurgency missions where players are the mujahadeen fighting the invading Soviet union.

I want to use the following modules.....

Detection (so we can drive around as civs).

Insurgency (so we can build ied factories etc).

Ambience (for civilian vehicles with random friendly insurgent filled cars).

My question is how WIP are the first two?

What works best for detection. (Thought I had it set up right and the Russians shot at me right away).

I've had success with the ambience module not synced on kunduz but on Takistan it won't spawn any.

Do you have a spare static.sqf that would tell Russians to use Russian vics and ammo boxes at their base and for reinforcements etc?

Thanks.

Detection - technically completed but kinda fell short on expectations. I was hoping the knowsAbout value would be a bit better for determining detection but it's pretty bad for that purpose. I've left it in because I think there are a few people that use it, and it has some neat config tricks inside of the code. I've wanted to fix this module but I can't think of another method that would work better while maintaining my preferred standard of performance.

Insurgency - Kind of the same as the first except it's not finished at all, I've actually hidden the module in the latest hotfix (the code is still there if you wish to use it's functions).

For the ambiance module, it seems from user reports that it doesn't like the CUP maps (I'm assuming the CUP maps don't have defined locations). You can fix by syncing a game module object to the module (an ambiance zone will spawn at the location of each synced game logic).

Unfortunately, I do not have a spare staticData for RHS stuff. I can create a quick one tomorrow and post it though.

Detection - technically completed but kinda fell short on expectations. I was hoping the knowsAbout value would be a bit better for determining detection but it's pretty bad for that purpose. I've left it in because I think there are a few people that use it, and it has some neat config tricks inside of the code. I've wanted to fix this module but I can't think of another method that would work better while maintaining my preferred standard of performance.

Insurgency - Kind of the same as the first except it's not finished at all, I've actually hidden the module in the latest hotfix (the code is still there if you wish to use it's functions).

For the ambiance module, it seems from user reports that it doesn't like the CUP maps (I'm assuming the CUP maps don't have defined locations). You can fix by syncing a game module object to the module (an ambiance zone will spawn at the location of each synced game logic).

Unfortunately, I do not have a spare staticData for RHS stuff. I can create a quick one tomorrow and post it though.

With the detection module would switching sides from independent to civilian while...

In the incognito vehicle, not showing a weapon, not driving off-road work or is that how it's set up already? I'll keep using it and see if I can get it working.

Insurgency, I'll wait until you are happy to release again :)

Ambience, What size of a zone is created with a game logic object?

Thanks for all your help as always Spyder.

For ambiance, the size of the zone is the spawn distance that you set in the module parameters.

For the detection modules, I just use setCaptive to prevent enemies firing on you. When an enemy "knowsAbout" you up to a specified level, he will "detect" you and you will be moved into a non-captive state. Being in an incognito vehicle, uniform etc will simply raise the knowsAbout value that it takes to detect you. Hopefully that made sense.

• Like 1

Hi Spyder, just wondering if there could be any reason why the vehicle spawn wouldn't work on dedicated in the most recent version? Can't get vehicles to spawn in for the life of me, works fine in editor though. 

Hi Spyder, just wondering if there could be any reason why the vehicle spawn wouldn't work on dedicated in the most recent version? Can't get vehicles to spawn in for the life of me, works fine in editor though. 

Will take a look

Definitely worked a short bit ago.

Can anyone confirm that the Ambience module is working when syncing to Game Logic? Since debug show up when synced to Game Logic, I'm having a hard time confirming. I've got like 20 of these things in a mission and nothing so far. Just wanted to check in and see if anyone had seen anything.

EDIT: I forgot I can actually test this by making the likelihood 100 in the module. Will check later.

Also Spyder, I noticed that in the Civilian Interaction menu, the question about hideout locations no longer seems to yield any answer. 

Also Spyder, I noticed that in the Civilian Interaction menu, the question about hideout locations no longer seems to yield any answer.

This was happening to me yesterday too. However this also happened to me in the past when my CPU was under heavy strain, which it was yesterday while I was working on balancing my modules.

I can test this later too on one of my more refined missions to see if happens consistently.

Can anyone confirm that the Ambience module is working when syncing to Game Logic? Since debug show up when synced to Game Logic, I'm having a hard time confirming. I've got like 20 of these things in a mission and nothing so far. Just wanted to check in and see if anyone had seen anything.

EDIT: I forgot I can actually test this by making the likelihood 100 in the module. Will check later.

Turn on debug in the module, it will have a circle over the location if it's working fine.

Ah, well.. not gonna worry about it too much. I'm in the middle of redoing the civilian interaction module anyway. I'll be more productive spending my time working on that instead of trying to find the cause of the problem and release another shoddy hotfix anyway.

Gracias for all bug reports though, trying to find time to work on the mod every once in awhile.

Turn on debug in the module, it will have a circle over the location if it's working fine.

If it's supposed to show the circles on the map when debugged when synced to Game Logic (similar to how it does on a working map without Game Logic) then no, it's not working.

I'm REALLY LOOKING FORWARD to your reworked civ interaction module, Spyder. Yeah, my vote is not to worry fixing the old one then. It'll just make the wait for the new one longer.

I can't imagine what you're doing to it. The one we already have is amazing enough as it is! :)

I found if I place the ambience module not synced (in Takistan) it does not work right away. If I reload the mission it works fine. That was throwing me of making me think I need the game logics.

Ps. This mod run along side V-Com driving mod is cool. The standard ai driving is horrendous lol. VCom fixes the constant crashing into buildings etc.