Hi spyder, how do you think about stringtables with other languages almost for civilian interaction. Thanks for the mod, nice job!!!

Had someone ask me about this the other day. I have considered it, and for the moment I'm going to decline because the amount of possible dialog in Civilian Interaction is enormous and it's only going to grow as I rework it (and that scares me to shift all of that into stringtables). I'll give it another consideration once I am done with the module though. If that time comes, I will gladly accept any translated dialog (if I translate it myself it'll be broken :) )

• Like 1

Does this happen without a game logic placed (test with Stratis if needed). From what I've tested, which consists of only using Stratis, everything has worked fine but if something is broken I'll fix it.

No. It works perfectly on maps that don't require Game Logic. I've been using the module for forever now and haven't hardly ever needed to tweak it.

FATA does not work with Ambience naturally. Not that I've noticed at least. It shows no debug circles at all. So I decided to try Game Logic and it now works in the one main city. Except 4-5 vehicles spawn simultaneously within a short range. The Game Logic bit may not be broken. I can't say I know for sure how the spawn radius works.

I've set it to 500 and 1000 and limited the module to only spawning 1 vehicle per zone. And still the above happens. Should I make the spawn radius like 5,000+ instead?

No. It works perfectly on maps that don't require Game Logic. I've been using the module for forever now and haven't hardly ever needed to tweak it.

FATA does not work with Ambience naturally. Not that I've noticed at least. It shows no debug circles at all. So I decided to try Game Logic and it now works in the one main city. Except 4-5 vehicles spawn simultaneously within a short range. The Game Logic bit may not be broken. I can't say I know for sure how the spawn radius works.

I've set it to 500 and 1000 and limited the module to only spawning 1 vehicle per zone. And still the above happens. Should I make the spawn radius like 5,000+ instead?

Large spawn radii are not recommended as you'll activate far away zones that you cannot even see. The game logic zones are exactly the same as standard created zones so maybe it's something that only surfaces when using FATA. I'll try to download and check sometime over the weekend.

Large spawn radii are not recommended as you'll activate far away zones that you cannot even see. The game logic zones are exactly the same as standard created zones so maybe it's something that only surfaces when using FATA. I'll try to download and check sometime over the weekend.

Don't worry about checking it on my behalf. I'm just glad I can confirm its not me. Obviously if you have a lot of requests for Ambience on FATA I'd love to have ambience working on that map, but every other map I've ever tried works and doesn't even need Game Logic. I don't want to feel like I'm derailing developement from more pressing stuff (such as the conversation system and having enemy HQ's revealed again) for an oddball map problems. Though since removing the module, I do miss my goats! :(

EDIT: I can't say I can determine this issue is with FATA or Game Logic itself. The only other map I can think of that can't use Ambience organically and that needs Game Logic to work is CLAfgan. If you want, I can test this. Let me know.

Have you actually used the Ambience module on debug on FATA by the way? As in, without any Game Logic stuff? I get 4-5 (can't remember off the top of my head) zones created on that map without having to do anything at all. Granted they are all in the central large urban areas but it's not too unrealistic in a place like that. Apologies if you have, it's just that for me, it works fine on FATA and you seem to be having an absolute nightmare of a time! 

Have you actually used the Ambience module on debug on FATA by the way? As in, without any Game Logic stuff? I get 4-5 (can't remember off the top of my head) zones created on that map without having to do anything at all. Granted they are all in the central large urban areas but it's not too unrealistic in a place like that. Apologies if you have, it's just that for me, it works fine on FATA and you seem to be having an absolute nightmare of a time!

I have. Nothing shows up at all.

But you said you were getting goat herds and cars in the city (I assumed you were using game logic) so I'll have to take another look. Thanks for the reply.

Hey Spyder, just a heads up.  Testing out the new GA build for ALiVE on RC release of EDEN.  For whatever reasons when i ask if there are any hideouts, it shows a blank response.  IDK if this is ALIVE issue or on your mods end.  Again i know its on the next release so this is just a FYI.

Make sure you are using the A3 version of FATA (I think one exists?)

Umm. Well shit. Now I have no idea which version I'm using.

Would the correct one be the one labeled FATA for AiA without ponds? https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139696-fata-federally-administred-tribal-areas-pakistán/

I think the Armaholic version of this is dead (from what I can tell on my phone). And I can't really tell if the AiA without ponds link in the BIS forums is dead too but I'll check when I get home.

Hey Spyder, just a heads up.  Testing out the new GA build for ALiVE on RC release of EDEN.  For whatever reasons when i ask if there are any hideouts, it shows a blank response.  IDK if this is ALIVE issue or on your mods end.  Again i know its on the next release so this is just a FYI.

It's an issue with the mod. I've just been interacting with civs the boring mouse scroll wheel way on occasion to get those locations revealed.

Yeah, It's an issue with my mod. I'm not sure how/when/or where it exactly broke but something is causing that question to not display. However, I'm in the middle of reworking the module so the release of the newly written civilian interaction will be my fix for the issue :)

Umm. Well shit. Now I have no idea which version I'm using.

Would the correct one be the one labeled FATA for AiA without ponds? https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139696-fata-federally-administred-tribal-areas-pakistán/

I think the Armaholic version of this is dead (from what I can tell on my phone). And I can't really tell if the AiA without ponds link in the BIS forums is dead too but I'll check when I get home.

No clue :( I'm not even sure if an A3 specific version even exists (starting to doubt it).

• Like 2

Just jumped on the bandwagon, great work I love this mod.  Amazing

Thanks! Everytime I meander over to the steam page and see I more people have subscribed it surprises me. This project was originally meant to be something to help me construct missions faster instead of having to copy over scripts every time. So huge thanks to everyone that uses the mod.

Alright, I guess it's teaser time again, who doesn't love teasers

As most have already seen, I'm focusing the next release on the civilian interaction module.

Civilian Interaction in it's current form was meant to only be used in a single mission, so it's always been something I've wanted to do again, properly.

I'm completely rewriting the code from the ground up and it's led to some awesome possibilities, such as the ability to define custom "forces" that the player is able to question the civilians about and some things that I can't properly show off with just a picture ;) .

Enjoy some WIP pics (Everything subject to change of course)

https://gyazo.com/7366d10e7b0a543454d893d3452c4d30

https://gyazo.com/51f63daf557b8abb53965077cb282ea8

https://gyazo.com/c25502e37d744573e109ca38773945c4

https://gyazo.com/9a25d9d09f0bcd95c85edb1891708e14

https://gyazo.com/42c1f18e19ffe994e0dbf67da3da3892

• Like 5

I still use the ALiVE Tablet as well.  I love the simplicity of selecting the radius of local forces, and asking them to attack/recon an area.  I know the DEV team incorporated some of this into RC1, but its still not as simple or lovely as the tablet itself.  Would love to see this enhanced or kept up to date should anything change.  Keep up the great work man, love every piece of it.

This looks brilliant! Really useful. 

Just a heads up, I've found the loadout manager sometimes gets a bit funky with multiple folders. And also transferring loadouts from one folder to another doesn't work at the moment. Really enjoying it otherwise though mate! Great work. 

I still use the ALiVE Tablet as well.  I love the simplicity of selecting the radius of local forces, and asking them to attack/recon an area.  I know the DEV team incorporated some of this into RC1, but its still not as simple or lovely as the tablet itself.  Would love to see this enhanced or kept up to date should anything change.  Keep up the great work man, love every piece of it.

Not sure, that tablet was literally completely rewritten when integrated with ALiVE itself. Although, been thinking of how to improve it's performance as it's very reliant on the server's speed to function well and it works with very large pools of information (gathering data on sometimes over 1000 profiles...). The old tablet might be a good place to experiment with some things. If I go back to it at all I might fix it up so it works well again, but no promises. (And civilian interaction at the moment trumps anything else I want to do, it's got to get done first.).

This looks brilliant! Really useful. 

Just a heads up, I've found the loadout manager sometimes gets a bit funky with multiple folders. And also transferring loadouts from one folder to another doesn't work at the moment. Really enjoying it otherwise though mate! Great work. 

Hmm, seemed to work fine for me every time I tested it. I'll take another look just to be sure. It shouldn't matter but, did you have any spaces or special characters in the folder/loadout names?

• Like 1

I've had spaces in all the loadouts. No worries if it works for you, I'll do a bit more debugging on my end and see if it's something pesky and obvious. Cheers Spyder!

I don't think the recent update changing ambient vehicle enemies not being recognized as hostile until they commit a hostile act is working. I keep seeing my friendly AI mow these vehicles down for no "reason."

I haven't actually looked for it until recently so perhaps the new Eden update broke something?

I've noticed that the detection module doesn't work with JIP players. All works fine if players are there as server starts :)

Oh, and I saw another MOD out there that has a percentage of having a suicide bomb car that drives at you to explode :) is this something that could be scripted into your ambience module :)

I've noticed that the detection module doesn't work with JIP players. All works fine if players are there as server starts :)

Oh, and I saw another MOD out there that has a percentage of having a suicide bomb car that drives at you to explode :) is this something that could be scripted into your ambience module :)

If you're using ALiVE that's already built into the IED module. It's under VBIED.

EDIT: Actually, I may like some clarification on that. I'm not sure if the vehicles populated by ALiVE itself used in tandem with the VBIED setting actually drive around the way SpyderAddons does or if they are static. Been so long since I've played ALiVE without this mod I don't want to say I know for certain what the VBIED setting does when this mod isn't being used.

Yeah.... another oversight of the detection module lol...

VBIED is already in the ambiance module ;)

Yeah.... another oversight of the detection module lol...

VBIED is already in the ambiance module ;)

VBIED? The one that's in ALiVE ied module?

Or is there a separate one in your ambience module? If there is I hadn't seen it :)

Does the vehicle drive toward you and blow up? If it does is there any possibility of your interaction module stretching to being able to give civ vehicles commands like "stop" or "go away" so we can control how close traffic gets to our convoys or patrols etc :)

VBIED? The one that's in ALiVE ied module?

Or is there a separate one in your ambience module? If there is I hadn't seen it :)

Does the vehicle drive toward you and blow up? If it does is there any possibility of your interaction module stretching to being able to give civ vehicles commands like "stop" or "go away" so we can control how close traffic gets to our convoys or patrols etc :)

Yes vehicles approach you and blow up. :)

Stop would be a great feature to the interaction module (go away already exists), but on the other hand, I don't find it too too necessary seeing as I don't really expect there civs to comply with my every command. Forcing vehicles to stop at my say so also seems a little too much for my tastes but I guess it could be neat if you want to run checkpoint duty for a bit.

I could see that being fun.

Sorta like a stop and frisk and roadblock duty or whatnot.

I support the "Stop" idea for cars.  Its annoying when ambiance vehicles drive back and forth and run over my AI men :lol: