lightspeed_aust

[SP/CO6) Ghost Recon: Island Thunder 2 Campaign

to ACE or not to ACE.....that is the question?

thoughts?

everyone using ACE nowadays?

For the Battleboys it's all about the ACE. 

: ) 

Theopolus AKA JESTER at Battleboys ArmA

thoughts?

No ace for Sp for me. Just adds another issue if they decide to update.

Well, like many others I'm waiting eagerly to play the campaign once all missions are out, but since that may be not in COOP only, but also SP.  If you want to offer a mission that works well in both environments, I'd say don't make ACE a requirement.  I love that mod, but in SP it's not fully "savegame-proof" - that could be frustrating when you loose campaign progress.

• Like 1

no ACE then :)

i resolved the issue which prompted me to ask, that is that if you run ACE then you can't defuse bombs unless you have ACE defusal kit, and I don't think you can set charges either.

so i will add a couple of ACE things to backpack that will only be used if player uses ACE.

• Like 1

thoughts?

Personally I think that ACE increases realism but also reduces popular appeal.

The reason is that ACE makes the game less appealing to casuals.

Since most gamers are casuals, it's probably best to dispense with ACE if you want your mission to be popular.

Obviously, the best solution would be to create 2 flavours (ACE & ACE-free) for each mission but I suspect that would require extra work for you.

Moverover ACE3 isn't available on Steam (just like RHS).

Until ACE3 and RHS are available on Steam they will likely remain limited to the hardcore crowd.

I got ACE 3 from Steam.

But i agree it is a divider so not forcing it.

I stand corrected: ACE3 is on Steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=463939057

It's just RHS that is still absent, although I hear that their next update (v0.4.1.2?) will be distributed via Steam's Workshop.

BTW thanks for publishing this COOP campaign via Steam as a collection - it means easier adoption among my "lazy" clan of filthy casuals ;) and simpler updates

Hello,

Played the first 3 missions. Loving it. Lots of action from start to finish.

Remember Sick1 from Arma 2 days? Your missions remind me of his.
Great stuff.

Few things:
Mission 1 and Mission 2
When team switching from player to team member then back to player, the team player is unresponsive. BIS problem?

Mission 3 (where is the spoiler icon)?

Found shipment. Did not show success if it supposed to. 
Blew the shipment with satchel, still no task success.

Tried to place explosives for the boats, but cannot. The planking that leads to the boats over the water will not allow addaction to place explosives.
I didn't try, but I don't think I can get my Explosive Expert dude to walk the planks either.

I recommend SP players not use any AI modifications. Seems it messed with the healing system.

Also for SP players, when using the healing method implemented in the game, don't touch your mouse of keyboard. 
Let the bar go through to 100%. If you mess with it, can't get it back.

My mods in the following order (hope it's correct):
CBA_A3

ShackTack
Full nvg
JTD Flies

JSRS4 Apex
Cup Terrains-Core

Cup Terrains-Maps
RHS-AFRF
RHS- USF

Hi mate, glad ur enjoying it.

In relation to playing SP, you have to run it in the MP browser. you lose the ability to switch players but the medic system will work correctly.

Re: Mission 3, I will check it but proximity trigger should fire - you don't need to destroy contraband.

In relation to laying charges - I will have to add a note - you will have to use AT rounds to blow the boats up.

• Like 1

I have just figured out Mission 8, this will be a hail to the Embassy mission from Original Ghost Recon.

I think you're going to love it!

• Like 4

I've decided to replace the Raven drone with the Darter. The Raven had keys which competed with TFAR so best to temove it.

• Like 2

Just decided that this campaign will consist of 9 missions.

The 8th mission which I started on, will now become the 9th - it's a great finale.

The new 8th is another shout out to Original Ghost Recon - the setting is perfect - although the storyline definitely ties in closely to this campaign as you will find out. :)

So last 2 missions in progress and then my work is done.

• Like 4

I'm close to wrapping up Mission 8, Ocean Forge, just shifting opfor around to keep you focused.

This is old school GR.

• Like 4

Mission 8 - Ocean Forge is go live! Very happy with how it turned out and a great location for a GR mission.

• Like 1

Mission 8 - Ocean Forge is go live! Very happy with how it turned out and a great location for a GR mission.

Congratulations. I'll testing them this weekend.

I can't wait for RHS to move to Steam Works. Then I can get my mates in on this!

BTW, in your first post, it's maybe a good idea to add hyperlinks to Steam Workshop for each of your missions...

Just played a good bit of the first mission SP (using MP/Local Host)

That was some of the most fun I've had with Arma in a good while :wub: :D Very Ghost Recon'ny feeling!

Spent a lot of time directing the medic around, healing the AI, and it worked flawlessly. He even revived me, at one time.

Anyway, game crashed when I tried to respawn/switch, but I think I recall reading something about that not working in MP?

So, really just wanted to say thank you, aaand now I'd better get back to securing that election!

glad u enjoyed it!

i will be slightly modifying AI difficulty down in all missions, just a little to accurate at times and see blufor a little too quick through trees.

Switching won't work that's correct - I run SP in a MP Browser session. It's a pity BIS can't align MP and SP better.

• Like 1

OK some breaking news - but you need to be across it.

Last update broke Psycho's Revive for people playing coop - TFAR radios will cease to work for everyone if one player goes down.

There may also be a secondary issue of Medic losing the Medikit on spawn.

So in the interim, you can take FAKs off dead opfor to do heals.

Longer term (over the course of this week) I will be moving to the new Vanilla Revive - tweaked so it works the way I want it to.

Sorry but that's just how shit goes in Arma 3 sometimes.

• Like 1

Yeh I've been messaging creator over Steam. Certainly something that can be used. And the Drone will pick up diamonds too.

I am currently updating playable units with tactical glasses so they will see diamonds.

• Like 1