Jump to content
BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

Recommended Posts

Its Heading in the right direction, This can be a very handy thing. Just a question, how does my unit become white listed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cannot see my unit emblem in game, everything else works fine.

Even my old emblem that worked 2 days ago in no longer working.

wwould like some help, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, noscopejr said:

cannot see my unit emblem in game, everything else works fine.

Even my old emblem that worked 2 days ago in no longer working.

wwould like some help, thanks

Sending you a PM to help troubleshoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having the same issue as noscopejr. My emblem uploads, and shows it working in the launcher as well as the main menu in the top right when I hover over my profile. But no luck showing in-game on the player menu or arms.

 

https://units.arma3.com/unit/a505

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot finish Unit Registration. I press the 'FINISH UNIT REGISTRATION' button and it spins then return to green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Capt Reese said:

Having the same issue as noscopejr. My emblem uploads, and shows it working in the launcher as well as the main menu in the top right when I hover over my profile. But no luck showing in-game on the player menu or arms.

 

https://units.arma3.com/unit/a505

There is a bug with Unit tag if there is any special characters in the tag, the unit logo will not work. Make sure to only use letters or numbers and no slashes, back slashes, symbols or special characters.

 

4 hours ago, Optik333 said:

I cannot finish Unit Registration. I press the 'FINISH UNIT REGISTRATION' button and it spins then return to green.

Sending you a PM to help troubleshoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will that bug be fixed in the near future so I can swap the clan tag back to having the slash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Capt Reese said:

Will that bug be fixed in the near future so I can swap the clan tag back to having the slash?

If it is fixed, we will update that information in this thread. However, there not currently an ETA of when it can be addressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have created a unit with nearly 40+ members, but I cant post announcements and I have no way to contact any of them

 

has this feature not been implemented yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some help/guidance please.

 

I cannot get past the basic info screen... the continue bottom (bottom right of screen) is greyed out. I believe I have added the correct details.

 

I've attempted to do this a number of times and searched this forum for a solution.

 

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hosting an ArmA game server and website for a community called MACE.

On the website I have a page that tracks top player scores for specific missions (http://www.macegame.eu/tag/scoreboard/).

I want to display the squad logo of each player in the list when available but I encountered a problem.

The game server will dump info returned by the script commands getPlayerScores and squadParams in the server logs (player name, player score, squad name, squad website and squad picture) which is later used by the website scripts to generate the scoreboard page dynamically.

The problem is the output of the squadParams command :

[
	[
		"MACE",
		"Multiplayer ArmA Combat Engine",
		"armamacegame@gmail.com",
		"http://www.macegame.eu/",
		"c:\users\neutrino\appdata\local\arma 3\squads\mace\dr3uvhu2db.paa",
		"MACE"
	],
	[
		"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
		"eRazer",
		"",
		"",
		"",
		""
	]
]

The picture info returned by the script is "c:\users\<windows user name>\appdata\local\arma 3\squads\mace\dr3uvhu2db.paa" but I would like it to be the URL of the logo on ArmA 3 Units page for MACE which is https://units.arma3.com/groups/img/1143/DR3UVHU2db.png

 

Please let me know if this new feature will be considered for a future implementation.

 

Thanks & Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2018 at 9:19 AM, The_piano_furry said:

I have created a unit with nearly 40+ members, but I cant post announcements and I have no way to contact any of them

 

has this feature not been implemented yet? 

Sending you a PM to help troubleshoot.

 

On 3/12/2018 at 9:19 AM, The_piano_furry said:

I have created a unit with nearly 40+ members, but I cant post announcements and I have no way to contact any of them

 

has this feature not been implemented yet? 

Direct communication within the Arma 3 Unit system has not been implemented and there is currently no ETA of any updates or adding of features.

 

On 3/12/2018 at 7:58 PM, Duke101 said:

Some help/guidance please.

 

I cannot get past the basic info screen... the continue bottom (bottom right of screen) is greyed out. I believe I have added the correct details.

 

I've attempted to do this a number of times and searched this forum for a solution.

 

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks

Please double check that you have the minimum amount of characters in the description and bio fields... check there are no red outlined fields remaining, if there are you may need to properly fill out those fields. If you continue to have this issue, please send me a private message and I will help troubleshoot your issue.

 

On 3/13/2018 at 7:17 AM, Spartan 163 said:

Can't see unit emblem. Tried redoing 15 different times and still cant see it in game or on vehicles. https://units.arma3.com/unit/spartan163

 

Of the other 2 units I am part of I only one works.

Sending you a PM to help troubleshoot.

 

On 3/17/2018 at 5:13 PM, d3nn16 said:

I'm hosting an ArmA game server and website for a community called MACE.

On the website I have a page that tracks top player scores...

...picture info returned by the script is "c:\users\<windows user name>\appdata\local\arma 3\squads\mace\dr3uvhu2db.paa" but I would like it to be the URL of the logo on ArmA 3 Units page for MACE which is https://units.arma3.com/groups/img/1143/DR3UVHU2db.png

 

Please let me know if this new feature will be considered for a future implementation.

 

Thanks & Regards

All additional development and features to Arma 3 Units is on hold and there is not currently an ETA of any updates.

 

On 3/18/2018 at 9:32 PM, Akrospb said:

on the unit page there is an emblem, in the game it is not displayed, how to solve the problem?
https://units.arma3.com/unit/3705phoenix

Sending you a PM to help troubleshoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2018 at 10:13 AM, d3nn16 said:

 

The picture info returned by the script is "c:\users\<windows user name>\appdata\local\arma 3\squads\mace\dr3uvhu2db.paa" but I would like it to be the URL of the logo on ArmA 3 Units page for MACE which is 

 

 

From what I can tell, the Arma Units stuff changed the directory for storage of squad logos on the user's machines from "appdata\local\arma 3\squads" to "appdata\local\arma 3\units".  The problem with 3rd party hosts seems to be they still push the image to "squads".  I have managed to fix tags by renaming folders in my "appdata\local\arma 3" directory but it is not ideal.  

 

I am not looking to poke the bear or anything, but if support for Arma 3 Units is falling by the wayside, why not revert back to what worked before and let players use 3rd party hosts without complications? why fix what ain't broke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2018 at 5:59 AM, ohally said:

 

From what I can tell, the Arma Units stuff changed the directory for storage of squad logos on the user's machines from "appdata\local\arma 3\squads" to "appdata\local\arma 3\units".  The problem with 3rd party hosts seems to be they still push the image to "squads".  I have managed to fix tags by renaming folders in my "appdata\local\arma 3" directory but it is not ideal.  

 

I am not looking to poke the bear or anything, but if support for Arma 3 Units is falling by the wayside, why not revert back to what worked before and let players use 3rd party hosts without complications? why fix what ain't broke.

All Arma 3 Units development has been on hold for a while now, but this specific item will need to be looked into. Sending you a PM.

 

22 hours ago, EvGeNuCH said:

Can't see unit emblem. Tried redoing 15 different times and still cant see it in game or on vehicles.https://units.arma3.com/unit/rf1

Sending you a PM to help troubleshoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I am the only one, but if I add a list, I can't add any tag right under the list. I need to put my H1 directly under the previous H1 and make the list in between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9.04.2018 at 6:15 PM, Tactical_Ra1nbow said:

Problem solved 

Can you share how you solved this problem ? I'm trying to link my accounts and It doesn't work.

 

To avoid unnecessary questions here's what I tried doing: went to this site  https://accounts.bistudio.com/profile/login in my Bohemia account, clicked on steam icon at bottom and logged in via steam. This last step redirects me back to my Bohemia account page (one I linked). Launcher still thinks my accounts are not linked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 8:08 PM, Coodwhaty said:

Can you share how you solved this problem ? I'm trying to link my accounts and It doesn't work.

 

To avoid unnecessary questions here's what I tried doing: went to this site  https://accounts.bistudio.com/profile/login in my Bohemia account, clicked on steam icon at bottom and logged in via steam. This last step redirects me back to my Bohemia account page (one I linked). Launcher still thinks my accounts are not linked.

Sending you a PM to help troubleshoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the idea, but It must improve quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×