IndeedPete how did you add the dark eye and the bandage on the nose to this face?

Thanks for noticing! That is in fact a custom head texture Kydoimos made for me. Got a few more, some self-made, some made by him.

2015-12-10_00011u9se8.jpg

2015-12-10_000124rs12.jpg

• Like 1

I really like it, to add one do I use the "Custom Face" face for the unit and define the custom face in the description.ext and use the setface command?

No, these were brought into the game as mod/addon.

Example Config:

class CfgFaces
{
	class Default
	{
		class Custom;
	};

class Man_A3: Default
	{
		class AfricanHead_02;
		class WhiteHead_17;

class IP_AfricanHead_02: AfricanHead_02
		{
			author = "IndeedPete";
			displayname = "Dollaz";
			texture = "\IP_CMP_ICE\heads\txt\PIMP_co.paa";
			identityTypes[] = {};
		};

class IP_WhiteHead_17: WhiteHead_17
		{
			author = "Kydoimos";
			displayname = "Stieglitz (Beaten)";
			texture = "\IP_CMP_ICE\heads\txt\Stieglitz_Beaten_co.paa";
			identityTypes[] = {};
			material = "\IP_CMP_ICE\heads\txt\Stieglitz_Beaten.rvmat";
		};
	};
};

Alright, time to introduce the second player character, German-born EUROFORCE engineer Erik Stieglitz! Originally from northern Germany, Erik chose to study Mechanical Engineering at the renowned Aachen University. The stagnating economy in the European Union due to economic pressure from growing industries in China and South America had a negative impact on the local labour market, forcing Erik into service with the 'force to escape unemployment and poverty. Thanks to his qualifications, he managed to land a position at the EOD, the Explosive Ordnance Disposal. His first peaceful deployment was in Estonia during Operation Baltic Shield, when he helped maintaining missile defence systems. Erik's first combat deployment began in 2036 as part of Operation Prospering Syria. He led a small team of EODs around the city of Aleppo, Syria, mostly clearing IEDs planted by CSAT-funded insurgents. At the beginning of Ice, Erik is scheduled for a furlough to visit his wife and two daughters back home, his youngest is about to turn six. Erik's route home leads him to through the re-established Air Base on Stratis, in the Mediterranean, where a high ranking officer of the Wolfpack Special Operations Group is expecting him...

stieglitzsas3d.jpg

I allready like this guy.... he went to the school that is 10 minutes driving from me ;)

Fun fact: I've actually never been there. But since Aachen has one of the best Mechanical Engineering programmes in the country I thought it would be fitting.^^

• Like 1

Fun fact: I've actually never been there. But since Aachen has one of the best Mechanical Engineering programmes in the country I thought it would be fitting.^^

Fun fact awel: Did you know that parking in aachen is horrible? wel not if your an student, the city acctually give's you a parkingspot if you have a house/student quarter in aachen

You can acctually use this info for smart puns in game as well ;)

Smart puns only work when people actually know a little bit about the city.^^ But I think I've put in a few German bollocks to make up for that. Posters, graffiti, signs, and billboards alike:

untitledpuxaq.jpg

untitledojyfi.jpg

No, these were brought into the game as mod/addon.

Example Config:

class CfgFaces
{
	class Default
	{
		class Custom;
	};

class Man_A3: Default
	{
		class AfricanHead_02;
		class WhiteHead_17;

class IP_AfricanHead_02: AfricanHead_02
		{
			author = "IndeedPete";
			displayname = "Dollaz";
			texture = "\IP_CMP_ICE\heads\txt\PIMP_co.paa";
			identityTypes[] = {};
		};

class IP_WhiteHead_17: WhiteHead_17
		{
			author = "Kydoimos";
			displayname = "Stieglitz (Beaten)";
			texture = "\IP_CMP_ICE\heads\txt\Stieglitz_Beaten_co.paa";
			identityTypes[] = {};
			material = "\IP_CMP_ICE\heads\txt\Stieglitz_Beaten.rvmat";
		};
	};
};

Oh, but is there a way to do it the way I wrote it? I think I've heard of people make custom faces and using them in MP.

Probably, I don't know. Never used the custom face.

Alright, time to introduce the second player character, German-born EUROFORCE engineer Erik Stieglitz! Originally from northern Germany, Erik chose to study Mechanical Engineering at the renowned Aachen University. The stagnating economy in the European Union due to economic pressure from growing industries in China and South America had a negative impact on the local labour market, forcing Erik into service with the 'force to escape unemployment and poverty. Thanks to his qualifications, he managed to land a position at the EOD, the Explosive Ordnance Disposal. His first peaceful deployment was in Estonia during Operation Baltic Shield, when he helped maintaining missile defence systems. Erik's first combat deployment began in 2036 as part of Operation Prospering Syria. He led a small team of EODs around the city of Aleppo, Syria, mostly clearing IEDs planted by CSAT-funded insurgents. At the beginning of Ice, Erik is scheduled for a furlough to visit his wife and two daughters back home, his youngest is about to turn six. Erik's route home leads him to through the re-established Air Base on Stratis, in the Mediterranean, where a high ranking officer of the Wolfpack Special Operations Group is expecting him...

stieglitzsas3d.jpg

Any family bond with Hugo?

Any family bond with Hugo?

If so, Hugo would have been his great-grandfather. ;) Oh, and Tarantino's is written without the extra 'e' in Stieglitz.

Well, it might just got lost / was added. Language changes over time. :)

The snow itself? I don't think so. Combined with the foggy breath however, it will probably slow down the script engine when too many units have the breath script running.

Uhm, yes. Or you could just not run them. I'd try it and see if and how the performance is affected.

Let's take a minute to look at the third player character, wrapping up the set of player characters. Some of you M.E.R.C.S. veterans might recall the Iranian-born Second Lieutenant Malik Nafisi from the Armed Forces of the Canton-Protocol Strategic Alliance Treaty. Let's just say things on Altis didn't go too well for the firstborn of infamous Al-Quds General Ahmed Nafisi. This failure, which regulars would have cost their head, left Malik stripped from his rank and position at the CSAT intelligence - and resulted in a transfer to CSAT's Arctic combat unit, the Snow Tigers. Under the harsh command of Chinese Colonel Cheng Zhi, Malik Nafisi was granted a second chance. With his Al-Quds special forces training and his experiences from conflicts in Iraq and the Mediterranean, Malik Nafisi seeks to reclaim his honour and the respect of his father by fulfilling his duties as Tactical Officer. He mainly functions as strategic advisor but also leads men into the field if necessary.

nafisieek5j.jpg

• Like 2

Hi there!

It feels weird to wish a happy new year since we're ten days in already but I had a lot to do play since Christmas. Anyway, I hope 2016's going to be great with the estimated release of Ice at the end of the first or during the second quarter of the year. While we're at it, let's take a look at the front lines, and at the Black Star Movement's top brass aside from their leader and player character Veikko Halla.

bsm_promo_43geuho.png

The first fine lad is Helvantis' mayor, old Black Star veteran, and Veikko's closest friend, Alexej Franke. Born at the very end of the Soviet rule, Alexej saw a thing or two over the years. After a steep military carreer in the Black Star Movement, he went into politics and became a leading figure for the people of Helvantis. Some might think he's a kind-hearted old man but beware, he still knows how to hold a rifle.

frankee9svj.jpg

To complete the trio around Veikko Halla, let's wrap it up with the head of the local police and security forces, the young but competent Viktor Kamarow. After discovering his talent and leadership skills during the Barents Sea Conflict, Viktor was given the assignment to establish a combined security force tasked with police duties and border protection in order to institutionalise the loose structures of the Black Star paramilitary. His men stand loyal to the both likeable and keen young Chief of Police.

kamarow8es7c.jpg

• Like 1

I like that police uniform, a lot actually! I also really enjoy reading these, they are really interesting.

Thanks!

I made some compilations of the BSM units on the fly. The pictures not my prettiest work, I've messed up the light pretty bad sometimes, but in my limited time today, it's what I was able to do. They should give a pretty good picture where the train is heading. First, the Police in a classic Russian Navy Camo with old German and Russian gear. Note that in all of these, the optional HLC Replacement Config for that faction was running.

policepmoem.png

Next in line are the Guerillas, low-level fighters with mixed gear. Lightly armed but still effective.

guerillazcq1i.png

And finally, three fighters of the Paramilitary wing, dressed in outdated but professional gear and second-hand uniforms.

paramilitaryiuqv3.png

Overall, this faction is the most colourful, using multiple camo patterns from all over the world in various combinations. There are items in German Flecktarn, WWII German Splitter, WWII German Erbsenmuster, Russian Navy, Russian Woodland, Russian Urban, Triangle (self-made), US Woodland, US Snowy Woodland (self-made), US MARPAT, Swedish M90, Finnish M05, and a few smaller ones.

All images are available in high-res in the Gallery.

• Like 2