Sign in to follow this  
HellToupee

Ofp irc channel

Most liky many of you have experenced the wounders of irc and ppl slapping each other with seafood in blue txt, well i thought it might be a good idea to have an offical or unoffical irc channel for all us ofpers to idle in and argue with each other sound good?

Yes there is, #operationflashpoint on gamesnet (eg east.gamesnet.net etc.) Some/Most of the mods from here are Ops in there, but I would stress again it has no connection with this forum nor any kind of affiliation with Bis, CM, OFPN etc. etc.

Hmm I closed it out of habit, odd.

Anyways I'm not sure whether it needs to stay open or not but it can go to OT and a nocturnal mod can stroke it smile.gif

hmm, funny- one would think that a nocturnal mod would be a little too busy stroking something else...

theres also #ofpec on quakenet

thats the Operation Fashpoint Editing Center's IRC chan

sumthing like an offical one would be good because many would use it and know about it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm I closed it out of habit, odd.<span id='postcolor'> mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sumthing like an offical one would be good because many would use it and know about it.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree. An 'official' OFP mIRC chat room would be nice. Since it already exists, we should give directions to it, and then make it a sticky so that everyone could go to it.

Tyler

yep our rtcw channel for nzs has been made know to eveyone it always used and fun, we've got a channel jus make everyone know it is the channel so when there browsin they'll be there.

Hmm did not see the room, is it still there? I know how much you want me to join, and I am just trying to please you all. biggrin.gif

ok, it havent to be official... but simple well known and well advertised and well visited

How about setting up a channel to a major irc network like efnet or ircnet? I bet it would be more easily reachable than a chan residing on some small network. Just my 2 cents (€).

#ofpec on quakenet is a must , i'm op in here tounge.gif

EFnet is on of the larger and is actively moderated. All you need is some bots and your up and running. Im an IRCop there its maturer the IRCnet or undernet.

gamesnet #operationflashpoint is deserted. Which is the most active? It can't be gamesnet unless the idea of having a channel clearly associated with here is obviously more important

Thank you, Placebo! By the way, I too think that this topic should be sticky.

Guest Scooby

Gamesnets #operationflashpoint should be used.

It is the one and only original OFP channel.

Im in Gamesnets #operationflashpoint every day. Adammo (Captain Moore) is in there just about every day, Placebo pops in now and then as does Hilandor when he gets net access. Other members of the forum also visit. Though there are a few people in there that rarely use the forum. Oh yes, and Kegetys likes to lurk around also.

Im in there everyday also!

Screw #ofpec, COME TO #operationflashpoint!! wink.gif

you guys r also welcome to go to our stunt chan on IRC

go to #Quake.net:random server and join #ofpstunt