Saint Kapaulio Terrain by 1PARA {God-father}

About this project:

Size: 20k x 20k
Gridsize: 4096x4096
Cellsize: 5
Satimage: 20480 x 20480px.

1.1 Million Objects place to date

​Totally Fictional Terrain

**Still working on Sat_mask and also placements of some Objects.

More details on  http://www.kapaulio.co.uk

This Terrain was never intended to be a real place and it is heavily designed around our S.A.G mission we play every Sunday & Wednesday  @ 1PARA - but thought that others might like to play at some point .

It is a Tropical  Style Island , with various Terrains  -  1 Main River running into a big open lake that leads back out to the sea,  A desert area  to the North , and a small Desert Oasis to the South, There are 2 Swamp areas  and the middle of the Island is fairly flat which is just great for Mission ( as with other terrains you always have the high ground to shoot down which I find just a tat like duck shooting ).,  to the East is all the Mountain ranges , and to the West area's is the hills for those duck shooters out their  :)

There are 2 Main Airbases 1 north West and the other down in the South east, the one down in the South is still under construction, as well as a few dirt landing strips for those smugglers.

There are 3 Major Cities and hundreds of smaller villages and settlements,  5 ports , and lots of Military compounds - as well as lots of spare space to build your own Fobs and bases.

Like I have said before this was never meant to look perfect and have all the details of other terrains out there where they make it really realistic with telephone boxes street signs etc.... as TBH when we are playing our mission those details are very rarely looked at or even noticed.

Saint Kapaulio is many things to many people. A tropical paradise, a vast staging area for a military Super Power, an archaeologist's dream, the lair of a super villain, a corporation's mining heaven, a retirement destination of the rich or a military objective that will be hard on any attacking force.

The vast terrain covers everything from high mountains, steep sided valleys and gorges, open savannah and lush tropical forests. The urban areas are both large and small but you will also find industrial areas of all sizes including offshore installations. The island also boasts a full-scale prison and a few secret "Black Sites".

For the military leaders planning missions, this island has everything. Mountain warfare, fighting in built up areas, open plains for armoured operations, close in jungle fighting and amphibious assault. It is a complex 3D battle space limited only by your imagination.

Or, you may just wish to retire here as a virtual pensioner.......it's beautiful.

It is in Beta stage and we are playing a Campaign on it now and you can check out the video footage on the Website http://www.kapaulio.co.uk/index.php/sag-campaign/action-reports

3899dfe821816fbcb3db3e3b23f81585_XL.jpg107410_screenshots_2015-09-04_00024.jpg2015-09-15_00010.jpg2015-09-15_00023.jpg2015-09-15_00030.jpg

• Like 8

Hi,

judging by your pictures it looks great.

A good platform for covert operations close to the banks...  :)

Keep it up.

Greetings

McLupo

a little update on some work:.....

* Finishing off the large town which holds the main Prison Complex

* Added in a Bridge (  AI still do not like the Bridges )

* Working on the last Major Town

95% Complete  - just now need to work on the Satellite mask

bridge.jpg

Working on the Big City  - Prison

prison.jpg

pow2.jpg

town1.jpg

High Point View of the River

view.jpg

• Like 2

Wow :o that looks stunning, love the object placement, really nicely done.

Looks really nice :)

A question: that tree on the left side of the bridge where is that from?

I wanted to use that tree and thought it was in the AiA mod but i couldn't find.

Seriously man the island looks great but unfortunately the greek houses kill the immersion and the feeling of the map.

Seriously man the island looks great but unfortunately the greek houses kill the immersion and the feeling of the map.

No time to make a whole new set of Buildings unless you are offering  :)

Try to put a road under the bridge, it should work for AI

ahh great idea ill try that now cheers.

Erm, it's a fictional location. He can pretty much use any buildings he wants.

• Like 1

If only there were more objects to choose from though, that is the issue most terrain builders face.

Personally i think it looks awesome, he used what he has very well.

Thanks all,

Yep a lot more Buildings would be awesome, I am sure theses will start to filter out from creative modders very soon , and we will have even more when BIS release there new map  :)

Awesome pictures {God-Father}. Good luck with your map.

Silola

God-father, this looks really good !!

Your blog seems to suggest that the beta of the map is available somewhere (you ask for bug report) but I'm unable to find a download link.

Is it really available for public test or is it private for now ?

Thx !

God-father, this looks really good !!

Your blog seems to suggest that the beta of the map is available somewhere (you ask for bug report) but I'm unable to find a download link.

Is it really available for public test or is it private for now ?

Thx !

Hi , Sorry it is still private for now to 1PARA member as it still needs work and testing ( and more object's adding )

Any updates or public release for testing help? Just wondering as we are looking for a new map to run an ALiVE setup on.