Sign in to follow this  
shadow

General about 1.85 patch

Weapon pool not updating propertly ?

Grrrr. I'm replaying the Resistance Campaign (with 1.85 installed of course) and the bloody weapon pool thing is still buggy !

In the mission "Hostages" I equipped my men and myself with Bizons. In addition, I have spent 20 minutes scavenging weapons and loading them on to the Ural.

At the end of the mission all my men were still alive (with their Bizons) and the Ural was loaded with RPGs and an SVD Dragunov.

And yes, I was the driver of the Ural so it was infact in my posession... So why in the next mission did I not have Bizons or SVD available to me ? Grrrrr.

Very upset.

i have noticed there in picking up smoke shelles and using them in MP you can pick them up but they do not show up in your invintory and cannot throw them. can anyone else comfurm this?

YES. it has happened to me everytime i play online, smoke shells wont work?? sad.gif

another thing i have noticed is when you preview on the mission edditer you can see where your guys are placed smile.gif this will be helpful

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpl_BOB @ Oct. 28 2002,02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">YES. it has happened to me everytime i play online, smoke shells wont work?? sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Let me expain to you I guess. Pick grenade, in the action menu switch to smoke tounge.gif. If u pick smoke b4 grenade u wount need the above step

I've found a new bug since patch1.85

i get in ammo / repair truck and drive to a vehicle. I get out of truck and get in vehicle for rearming or repairing. Now I'm leaving vehicle without moving it and get in truck, when truck is moving map crashed and all player are on desktop.

It's also by reparing or rearming from helicopters.

Please fix this problem. sorry for my bad english

Birdy

www.covenant-commandos.de

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Birdy @ Oct. 30 2002,10:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've found a new bug since patch1.85

i get in ammo / repair truck and drive to a vehicle. I get out of truck and get in vehicle for rearming or repairing. Now I'm leaving vehicle without moving it and get in truck, when truck is moving map crashed and all player are on desktop.<span id='postcolor'>

Bug confirmed. Fix will be included in the next patch.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Oct. 14 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not fair. The first patch is everytime first for EU/US. What about PL and Czech ? <span id='postcolor'>

Why dont U get the english verison?

Ofcourse the EU/US version will be released first because theyre the ones who most people play (Im just guessing here  wink.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

EU/US version is not avaiable in Poland (at least in legal way... well... BIS want people here to use illegal soft? smile.gif

Well, at least you can be happy that the OFP2 EU version will most likely be available in poland... wink.gif

Well,sometimes ago after reading this forum I'm kindda lost my intrest to upgrade to V 1.85,

But,last night Me and a friend of mine finally DL it and give it a shot in some old SP & MP missions we created with 1.75.

So we have noticed some things changed (or..issit only just us).

We noticed that in SP..the AI really do recieved some brain jolt,They fight better and use cover more effective, And I personally dont have anything to complain about the Helo's MG gunner.

The bottom line is...This patch really do have some improvement.

THE BAD THINGS (behaviour without any script, ofcourse).

In 1.75 most of the helo's would only just "tapped" shortly into the ground and after the troops ejected they would go into their next WP (sometimes they even took off before all the troops inside disembark, Now thats what i call para drop without script smile.gif

But in 1.85...They would land long enough for all the grunts to disembark..The prob is...sometimes They landed too long, Much much too long i think.

And I've read that someone mentioned that the "shakky" probs with small Helo's & shilka wont shoot probs...well I experienced those probs also , And I've noticed that sometimes The AI seems to have trouble following Long distance WP (sometimes they paused AND the worst thing is sometimes they just wont move at all).

And for pilots...Now They rarelly crash into each others, But almost impossible to make them fly in formation since the further left or the chopper players in have a tendency to fly off alone

And although the grunts fight better now, sometimes they also seems have a probs with direction...I've tried to put "searchndestroy" order to the north,The AI seems have a hard time trying following that

I just noticed, when an AI team member is grabbing weapons from a UH60 cargo area, I can not see or take anything before he is done his order... and if he takes 5 minutes, that's 5 minutes you can't have anything. biggrin.gif

Any chance of a quick patch to fix the lag issues. 1.88 works beautifully but thats for dedicated servers only and i frankly dont play on public servers much because its very boring. Instead a bunch of my friends and i play on non dedicated servers and with 1.85 we arent able to play ofp coop anymore. The dysnc is unplayable, I though for sure afte rthe tremendous 1.88 beta patch we'd see an official 1.89 so us non-dedicated server players could get our groove on. I certainly hope BIS isnt playing on delaying teh release to add new features and stuff. Thanks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Oct. 31 2002,21:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just noticed, when an AI team member is grabbing weapons from a UH60 cargo area, I can not see or take anything before he is done his order...  and if he takes 5 minutes, that's 5 minutes you can't have anything.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yep,....That happens to me just a few hours ago smile.gif, Ended up having to shoot that poor sod with my last bullet.

Oh..and I've also tried to put 3 UH60 in line side by side (they are not grouped) , and try to make them fly straight...the funny thing is..The further left ones would then dived down and take the point...and the further right would climbed up and get behind the middle chopper (This happens when you put the player in the middle chopper)...and they always fly in single file...(tested it about 8 times with diffrent choppers)

Could this be..an AUTO FORMATION feature smile.gif?

And have anybody noticed that the MG units is unbelieveble accurate now?...Yeah,I've heard somebody mentioned that theres an incrase in the AI machine gunner unit skill....But I think its kindda wayyyy too much if a soldier armed with PK could hit you straight between the eyes in 500 M radius (while Im in prone position and the AI is only shooting in short burst....sniping with Pk..now thats something new) wink.gif

Okay every thing is great. Still a few bugs but they are bearable. But one thing. That mini, for some reason has a weird texture look to it ? It looks like BIS used a picture of a mini cooper and pasted it on there... Well I dont know. It just dosent look right to me.

A little discrepancy I noticed. When AI is ordered to PICK UP a weapon, like satchel charges, then the AI cannot be immediately ordered to plant them as he maintains a strange "pick up" position. AI must move in order for the "PUT SATCHEL CHARGES" appears in the action part of the command menu.

that has been always the same as far as I remember. also urself when u pick up a satchel if u dont stand up 1st u cant put put down the satchel.

Bug/Or Unsupported option.

I was reading on the Lavos Mod Temporary site.

And it seems that their Hummer/Tow will not be able to be completed due to four wheeled vehicles not being able to fire rockets.. This needs to be fixed, not just because of this mod, but for other mods as well.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sphinx @ Nov. 05 2002,19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...their Hummer/Tow will not be able to be completed due to four wheeled vehicles not being able to fire rockets..<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe they should have thought of that before they started the job, ey ? sad.gif

Heh. Maybe they dident realize it until they were about 90 percent complete with it. eh ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nightbaron @ Nov. 02 2002,14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And have anybody noticed that the MG units is unbelieveble accurate now?...Yeah,I've heard somebody mentioned that theres an incrase in the AI machine gunner unit skill....But I think its kindda wayyyy too much if a soldier armed with PK could hit you straight between the eyes in 500 M radius (while Im in prone position and the AI is only shooting in short burst....sniping with Pk..now thats something new) wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Truly, sometimes the ai hits too good over a long distance. It frustrates me the most, if I follow my ai comrades and give them cover fire. First one who gets struck down by enemy fire am I. But I call that realism. I would also kill the most dangerous threat first.

I seem to be playing more co-op of late and I am all for the better 1.85 AI.

Nice work BIS , plz keep up the good work.

This is probably not the place to say it, but I feel that we are at a new dawn with OFP:R. I feel I have a new game, especially with all the new 1.85 script commands etc. Just look at RTS3 for some heavy dialog stuff. Dont forget Scokets etc.... etc etc

Im really quite excited. I dont think I have ever experienced this with any other game. Dont play H/L, Q3, UT,CFS,SFC etc anymore. OFP:R is the only bloody game i play. We just need the existing OFP players to convert to unify the community.

Belive me, it is so much better than 1.46.

Sorry for sounding evangelical.

Mr Skyline

Well, amen! smile.gif

But I can understand your amazement! The only thing that makes me sad, is that many german squads or clans for OFP have shut themselves down (for which reasons however... ) .

Maybe I`ll have to join a clan from another country then. Think I`ll take a country where I`d like to live or make holiday in biggrin.gif