-

@haleks

I am astonished of how the menu looks right now.

I have never saw any mods do this... maybe I missed some of them (if there were any).... But this is my first time seeing the menu changed.

We appreciate all the hard work you do and great job!

-

How to repair vehicle hull? Engine? Fuel? Etc

You cannot fix hull I believe - the logic behind this is that the vehicles have ruined appearance after apocalypse.

However you can fix engine and fueltank with Toolbox (these can be found in construction sites often and big hangars)

In order to refuel a vehicle you need a Jerrycan. (often found on gas stations or big hangars)

To syphon fuel from another vehicle you need a Hose and a Jerrycan.

You can also fill Jerrycans with fuel at gas stations by standing near a pump and double click on Jerrycan in your inventory.

-

@haleks

I am astonished of how the menu looks right now.

I have never saw any mods do this... maybe I missed some of them (if there were any).... But this is my first time seeing the menu changed.

We appreciate all the hard work you do and great job!

-

To be fair, BIS has done all the work.^^

They've been overhauling the main menu for Apex; for reference, here's how it looks like on dev branch :

800px-a3_mainMenu.jpg

All I did is having fun finding or creating new background scenes and removed the central spotlight video buttons. ;)

• Like 1

-

Oh I see... I haven't check the BIS dev forum so I have no idea that they revamp their menu...

But the timing is right because revamping the menu fits nicely with Ravage. It feels that you are in a different game and not in Arma anymore... But unfortunately there is an Arma III Apex on top of the menu... It would be nice if you could change it to RAVAGE!!! LOL! That would be cool imo.

-

• Like 1

Any recommended mods that will emerse the feel of the zombie apocalypse? I have a towing mod that lets me tow vehicles. Just curious if anyone knows any mods that will emerse it.

• Like 1

Any recommended mods that will emerse the feel of the zombie apocalypse? I have a towing mod that lets me tow vehicles. Just curious if anyone knows any mods that will emerse it.

Again read the first post. Haleks has provided a list of recommended mods.

Most others are use at your own risk. I like using ACE3, but it does cause issues with Ravage save games. I do use a stripped down version of it that does seem to work. I have not done really any playing with the two since before Arma 3 patch 1.60. Have since heard there are some issues with the two now.

Just because I am feeling like a nice guy, due to restarting treatment on my PTSD again today, I will give a list of some that I use that seem to work.

TPW Mods by TPW

Can only confirm Animals. I did have some weird effects when forgetting to disable some of the civilian parts used with another mission.

Bigger Trunks and Liability Insurance by Rydygier

WW AI Menu by WindWalking

Simple Single Player Cheat Menu by Benargee

Useful for more than just cheating when bored. Sometimes Arma can just be frustrating with AI and other bugs.

I have also used Mag Repack by Outlaw to good effect when not using ACE 3.

try Blood Lust ;)

• Like 2

Which towing mod are you using?

Most others are use at your own risk. I like using ACE3, but it does cause issues with Ravage save games. I do use a stripped down version of it that does seem to work. I have not done really any playing with the two since before Arma 3 patch 1.60. Have since heard there are some issues with the two now.

Just because I am feeling like a nice guy, due to restarting treatment on my PTSD again today, I will give a list of some that I use that seem to work.

TPW Mods by TPW

Can only confirm Animals. I did have some weird effects when forgetting to disable some of the civilian parts used with another mission.

Useful for more than just cheating when bored. Sometimes Arma can just be frustrating with AI and other bugs.

ACE 3 by The ACE Team

I use the core modules needed for others to run plus: aircraft, attach, ballistics, explosives, fast roping, flash suppressors, frag, hit reactions, inventory, javelin, laser w/self-designate and laser pointer, magazine repack (must for me), map, missile guidance, no radio, parachute, realistic names, rearm, recoil, scopes, small arms, thermals, and vehicles.

I have also used Mag Repack by Outlaw to good effect when not using ACE 3.

I've looked at the recommended mods, and I was just wondering if there was others that I don't know about, I appreciate the list you've given me!

TPW Mods by TPW

ACE 3 by The ACE Team

I use the core modules needed for others to run plus: aircraft, attach, ballistics, explosives, fast roping, flash suppressors, frag, hit reactions, inventory, javelin, laser w/self-designate and laser pointer, magazine repack (must for me), map, missile guidance, no radio, parachute, realistic names, rearm, recoil, scopes, small arms, thermals, and vehicles.

I have also used Mag Repack by Outlaw to good effect when not using

I'm using ace and everytime I load a save it makes a new one, any idea how to fix that?

@haleks  Hey, i hate to sound repetitive but since i love your mod i was just curious if you were working on the following:

• Building ( building bases for example )
  • Random missions around the map
  • Traders 

That flag should be in the description.ext file.

Just making a quick stop to inform you guys that I've finally found time to sit and sort my things out. Regarding GPS not showing in Ravage, you gave good direction mate, however the value is not in description.ext file but in mission.sqm of the rvg_missions.pbo

Anyhow, those who want to enable GPS showing in Ravage just change value showGPS=0 to showGPS=1 inside mission.sqm file.

Path is: Ravage>addons>rvg_missions.pbo>rvg_sp>Ravage Altis>mission.sqm

• Like 2

@haleks  Hey, i hate to sound repetitive but since i love your mod i was just curious if you were working on the following:

• Building ( building bases for example )
  • Random missions around the map
  • Traders 

Click me.

• Like 2

-

@haleks

I read the link you posted recently about Ravage compatibility. I would like to know if you will also include these mods below on the next patch?

- HLC/NIArms-complete pack (with minigun M134D for fun)

- RKSL attachments

- RH pistol pack

- RH accessories

- Massi's USSOCOM 75th Ranger, Navy SEALs DEVGRU and Delta Force

- Massi's US Marine Corp and MARSOC units

Because some weapons, accessories and gears on those mods have a lot of potential to be in Ravage.

I hope I did not asked too much and I also hope that I would see those mods on the latest patch next month.

I see a better future for Ravage that would be far better like no other mods for SP/MP.

Take care and keep up the great work.

-

-- EDIT --

@Lecter

Thanks for the info. That would be handy.

-

-

@haleks

I read the link you posted recently about Ravage compatibility. I would like to know if you will also include these mods below on the next patch?

- HLC/NIArms-complete pack (with minigun M134D for fun)

- RKSL attachments

- RH pistol pack

- RH accessories

- Massi's USSOCOM 75th Ranger, Navy SEALs DEVGRU and Delta Force

- Massi's US Marine Corp and MARSOC units

Because some weapons, accessories and gears on those mods have a lot of potential to be in Ravage.

I hope I did not asked too much and I also hope that I would see those mods on the latest patch next month.

I see a better future for Ravage that would be far better like no other mods for SP/MP.

Take care and keep up the great work.

-

-- EDIT --

@Lecter

Thanks for the info. That would be handy.

-

That's a lot of items! ^^

I probably won't have time to add support for any other mods besides RHS, CUP & WarfareThai before the update, but the plan is to add back previously supported addons to begin with.

Note that wether a mod is supported or not mostly depends on its versatility : addons wich only have spec-ops gear won't work well with the ambiant spawners and the world depicted by Ravage.

ok so some stuff is coming on apex. Awesome! Also any chance of ravage on Tanoa?

Maybe! In any case all the modules will 100% compatible with Tanoa so it'll be easy to make missions on it.

Maybe! In any case all the modules will 100% compatible with Tanoa so it'll be easy to make missions on it.

Very good to hear! Haleks, has anyone told you that you do really really good work? Thanks a ton man!

-

@Lecter

Scratch that... I misread or did not saw the "mission.sqm" on first read.

For what I know you can't simply edit the sqm files because it is not for editing I believe.

What tools/software/programs do you use to edit the sqm files if you were able to saved them and able to play it in the game without any errors???

-

I'm using ace and everytime I load a save it makes a new one, any idea how to fix that?

If you read what I wrote I did say that there may be issues with it.

• Like 1

I don't mean to sound rude or condescending, but I am going to be blunt, so I hope you will excuse me from inadvertent offence.

Do not use ACE.
Let me repeat that because it unfortunately bears repeating - do not use ACE.

ACE is primarily designed for multiplayer environments. It is a very complex mod and has far-reaching effects. 
Using ACE in single player is likely to cause all sorts of problems. Heck, even using ACE in multiplayer is not trouble free.

I play with an ArmA 3 group and we use about thirty different mods. We have to load them in a certain order to keep them working and we don't update our copies of ArmA 3 until we've done extensive testing and all mods have been updated to work (when 1.60 came out, we remained on 1.58 for weeks afterwards). We don't use Steam, Six or anything automatic to update our mods. Instead we have a mod repository where we only keep mods that have been fully tested in order to remain compatible. Sometimes this can mean we're several versions behind the current mod release. Sometimes we even have to make changes to the mods to keep them compatible. And even then, we still have problems from time to time. And of course one of the mods we use is ACE.

So do not use ACE unless you know exactly what you are doing. Do not use ACE unless you are capable of diagnosing and fixing mod compatibility errors by yourself. For the ArmA group I play with, there are four people constantly working on mod compatibility.

Haleks is working on Ravage largely on his own, in his free time. He is fixing bugs and adding features all the time. It's remarkable what he has managed to create. There are often posts requesting a new feature or compatibility with a favoured mod. These are fine. Maybe you'll be lucky or maybe you won't.

But please refrain from posting to say that ACE doesn't work properly with Ravage. We know it doesn't, Haleks knows it doesn't and nobody has ever said it does. Making Ravage fully work with ACE is not a priority right now. Even if ACE did work, you would only be using a fraction of its features, so it's not like it's going to be a game-changing experience.

On the wiki, there is a list of mods that are compatible with Ravage:
http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Mod_compatibility

There is also a list of recommended mods. These are mods recommended by Haleks himself:
http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_mods

I know some of you like to use ACE and you use it with other mods. I'm glad you like it and I hope you have as much fun with it as I do. But honestly, it would add very little to Ravage at this time to be able to treat a velocity wound with a packing bandage instead of a field dressing. Heck, if you're playing single player, you'll find ACE a major pain when you become unconscious and there's no one coming to revive you.

So please, don't use ACE in single player. And if you have to use it in multiplayer, I hope you have the skills to fix or circumvent any problems on your own.

• Like 5

^^

Wise words from kodabar, unless you are highly trained in the dark arts of banana manipulation, stay away from this particular fruit.

• Like 1

-

Salutations to all !!!

I can't find any source of images for Blastcore Skies on armaholic, bi forum, youtube, google image, etc.

Maybe I did not search carefully at all or I missed something.

I would like to see the changes but it seems I really can't find any images or videos.

Could someone please post and share what does the skies look like when you enabled it or have a comparison between the vanilla skies.

Thank you.

-