Sign in to follow this  
Die Alive

Military underwear

I have some questions about military underwear:

Regular Underwear

What color is the underwear?

Are they briefs or boxer shorts? Can you choose?

What sizes of underwear are available?

What material are they made of?

How durable is the material?

How many underwear are you issued when you join the military?

How many underwear do you take on a patrol?

How often do you change your underwear?

Do you pack your dirty underwear in your back pack or do you bury them?

Who washes the underwear?

Is your name on the underwear?

If your underwear happen to get torn, who is responsible for their repair?

Thermal Underwear

Female Underwear

Are female soldiers issued brassieres or do they use their own?

If they're issued brassieres, what color are they?

-=Die Alive=-

Since you are Canadian, I'll give you our side of things. smile.gif

Army Underwear

under wear

-Olive Drab

-Boxers, no, but you can always wear your own if you want.

-All kinds, small, medium, large, extra large, and so on.

-100% tetra-channel polyester fibre knitted into an interlock construction

-Durable enough for underwear

-Five (5) sets

-Depends on how long I'm away, usually 2-3 pairs in my ruck

-uhhhhh, never. If I'm out for a five day excercise with no chance to change at all, well, guess what wow.gif . If we are stationed in barracks, every day. If I do get a chance to change in the field, I change when I can.

-I pack them in a garbage bag and put it in my ruck

-I do, in a thing called a "washing machine" biggrin.gif

-Yes, my last name and the last 3 numbers of my Service Number, that way, I won't lose my under wear and I won't accidently put on anyone else's

-If they wear out, or are torn beyond repair, you will get issued a new pair. If the damage is small, you fix it.

Thermals

-Olive Drab

-same as the under wear.

Female under wear

-They use their own right now, however a military bra is being developed. Army Bra

-They will most likely be Olive Drab

I bet you never expected a serious response to this, did you? biggrin.gif

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Oct. 11 2002,14:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I bet you never expected a serious response to this, did you?  biggrin.gif

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

Ya, thanks for the great info.

The reason why I asked/brought up the subject is that when I was watching Full Metal Jacket, they used those white boxer shorts, so I just wanted what different militaries used now.

Oh ya, I did a google search on Military underwear, all I got were "gay military fetish" sites or army surplus stores tounge.gif

-=Die Alive=-

Well BoxersShorts, I mean they look better but that is about it. I cant imagine walking with Boxers for more than 3 hours, they would start moving and ...well you know where they move, and I suppose after a few days of training that can realy start hurting.

But in normal life I prefer Boxers too, all other stuff is for fags!

While were on the topic of Canadian Military Clothing I have to say that I was really imbarassed and Pissed off at our gouvernment for not supplying canadian soldiers with desert fatigues! I mean our forces are over in Afganistan, In the middle of a desert tundra and wearing Olive Drab? That's like seeing a black dot on a white wall! I can only imagine what else our trops are undersupplied with. We've got great soldiers and they truly make the military but i think that they souldn't have to worry about stupid things like that.

An avatar won't work from your hard drive, it needs to be hosted on webspace smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 11 2002,23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">An avatar won't work from your hard drive, it needs to be hosted on webspace smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why are you saying that PLacebo? i dont see it the word avatar mentionned in this topic,

placebo is seeing ghost tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Oct. 11 2002,11:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have some questions about military underwear:

Regular Underwear

Are they briefs or boxer shorts? Can you choose?

What sizes of underwear are available?

How durable is the material?

How many underwear are you issued when you join the military?

How many underwear do you take on a patrol?

How often do you change your underwear?

Do you pack your dirty underwear in your back pack or do you bury them?

Who washes the underwear?

Is your name on the underwear?

If your underwear happen to get torn, who is responsible for their repair?

Thermal Underwear

Female Underwear

Are female soldiers issued brassieres or do they use their own?

If they're issued brassieres, what color are they?

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

At least in the U.S. military it depends on what branch your in.

Here in the Navy we wear white briefs and white undershirts. I definately reccommend changing over to the boxer/brief things, they're much better.

Army wears the brown Tshirts with brown briefs. I'm not totally sure on the Air Force, I always see them wearing black tshirts under their cammies, but I don't know if that is command designated. Marines wear brown tshirts and briefs, but they can also wear the olive drab tshirts depending on what they're doing.

All sizes are available

The tshirts and underwear (six of each maybe, I don't feel like digging out my seabag inventory) I was issued in bootcamp were Hanes or Fruit of the Loom, so whatever they're made out of

Not very durable after going through Navy mass washings. In bootcamp I got shirts back with new stains on them *yuck* Here in the barracks I wash my own clothes so, normal civvie type durability.

When I go out to sea I'll take as many as I can fit in my storage spaces. That way I don't have to stress if the laundry is backed up or destroys my shit.

I change everyday, same will go for ship.

My name is stenciled on my bootcamp stuff. I got a bit lazy here since I was doing my own, but I'll stencil it all before I go to the ship.

Can't really answer the questions about thermal or female since I'm not one, and not issued the other.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Oct. 11 2002,23:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why are you saying that PLacebo? i dont see it the word avatar mentionned in this topic,

placebo is seeing ghost  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think you need your eyes testing biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can only imagine what else our trops are undersupplied with.<span id='postcolor'>

There is a rule of thumb in the army: You either don't have enough or have too much of something there is never an inbetween. When you need ammo, it isn't there, when you don't need it, they give you even more. biggrin.gif

I could go on and on about Canadian military supplies, but I would be typing for the better part of an our. I suggest you read the newspaper, or do a google search. smile.gif

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Oct. 12 2002,00wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 11 2002,23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">An avatar won't work from your hard drive, it needs to be hosted on webspace <!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why are you saying that PLacebo? i dont see it the word avatar mentionned in this topic,

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Topic: Military underwear, Boxers, Briefs & avatars.<span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif

Still a bit weird, lol

In Finnish military everything is green. Green socks, green boxers, green T-shirts etc.

Makes sense, if you really think about it, you must keep up your camouflage at all costs even if you are attacked by a horde of horny nurses, stripping you half naked leaving you with your boxers only... tounge.gif

It's been almost 3 years already since I was in the service, but if I remember correctly, we had 3 pairs of everything: boxers, T-shirts and socks.

The Finnish boxer shorts don't have the same... krhm... butt-crack problem that Al Schweizer complains about. wink.gif They are quite comfy, actually.

LOL, I watched the damn IECS informational video... typical DND advertizing. State of the art this, state of the art that... explosive sheep, and edible grenades. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (doc1011 @ Oct. 11 2002,23:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I mean our forces are over in Afganistan, In the middle of a desert tundra and wearing Olive Drab? .<span id='postcolor'>

I admit that it makes fighting during day difficult. But it would be better for night missions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Oct. 12 2002,02:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Oct. 12 2002,00wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 11 2002,23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">An avatar won't work from your hard drive, it needs to be hosted on webspace <!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Topic: Military underwear, Boxers, Briefs & avatars.<span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif

Still a bit weird, lol<span id='postcolor'>

My bad biggrin.gif

Hey, nobody's perfect!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 12 2002,00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Oct. 11 2002,23wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why are you saying that PLacebo? i dont see it the word avatar mentionned in this topic,

I think you need your eyes testing  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

tell microsoft to fix their "Ctrl+F" "Find" thing! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DracoPaladore @ Oct. 12 2002,17:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I admit that it makes fighting during day difficult. But it would be better for night missions.<span id='postcolor'>

True, but that wasn't the intention smile.gif It's beacause our gouvernment was too damn cheap to spend some cash on some real camoflage. But even in night missions the green might be good in the shadows but i could still see them sticking out against desert sand.

Well, Canadians are getting that new sweet ass CADPAT camo- hope your government will spring for some desert pattern, if not- well, you'll always be invisible so long as you confine your ops to the green forests of Canada smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Oct. 12 2002,16:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, Canadians are getting that new sweet ass CADPAT camo- hope your government will spring for some desert pattern, if not- well, you'll always be invisible so long as you confine your ops to the green forests of Canada smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, we'll probably have to by the estimates of our Armed Forces size.

In Czech Armed Forces :

Regular Underwear for conscripts :

green trunks (I don't know if it's same word for boxer shorts) from very unpleasant material sad.gif of all sizes. Material fastly degrades after washing.

Green socks - durable, but winter socks are from unpleasant manmade fabrics.

White singlet (or undervest)  durable from wool and manmade fabrics.

I'm not sure now but I think consripts are issured with 5 trunks, 10 or 15 pairs of socks, 3 or 5 p. of winter socks, 5 singlets and several green t-shirts and vests(jerseys).

Underwear is washed by military laundry and the laundry is responsible for repairing. There is one day in week for exchangin underwear - dirty -> clean. There is no name on it so that one must hope there will be his size in pack from laundry. Or they can wash it themselfs.

But nobody checks what uderwear conscrips wear so they can use their own. It's not disallowed so it means it's allowed.

for proffesional soldiers :

we are issured with :

5 white trunks - durable and comfortable

15 p. of socks (blue for air-force, green for army - colors of uniforms)

5 winter socks (same as for conscripts)

several green and white t-shirts and green vests(jerseys)

we can use our own underwear or we can use special "points" for buying military one (points are used for buying all but combat clothing/underwear - combat one is issured)

(every year we are issured with plenty of these points)

There is no military laundry for us - we are responsible for our underwear and uniforms. We can only change combat clothig for clean and repaired one. (Military laundries are responsible for combat cl.)

I take as many pieces of underwear as I need. And when it's dirty I packed it or, with military one in field, when situation is really bad smile.gif I bury (or burn) them - but mostly there is possibility to wash it even in winter.

Females receive some extra money for buying their own underwear and shoes (not combat shoes of course).

There is same thermal underwear for conscripts,pros and even women. But it's horrible sad.gif(gray, uncomfortable, awful material)  and nobody wears it when it's not really necessary. Mostly everybody wears their own.

Only preffered and elite corps troops are issured with special thermal underwear.

There are (and there will be) many changes because of transformation of Czech Armed Forces. There will be no conscripts, less of people in CzAF generally and much better material provision and logistic as well. I hope.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL, I watched the damn IECS informational video... typical DND advertizing. State of the art this, state of the art that<span id='postcolor'>

Hey man, that stuff is amazing. Water beads right off it. With our older kit, it would soak up the water and not even keep you warm. It even had a hard time keeping you warm when things were dry.

I was so happy when I got issued all my IECS stuff, I cant image going into the field without it now.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Oct. 12 2002,23:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL, I watched the damn IECS informational video... typical DND advertizing. State of the art this, state of the art that<span id='postcolor'>

Hey man, that stuff is amazing. Water beads right off it. With our older kit, it would soak up the water and not even keep you warm. It even had a hard time keeping you warm when things were dry.

I was so happy when I got issued all my IECS stuff, I cant image going into the field without it now.

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

No I know, there is nothing like good equipment so you don't have to constantly worry about it... but the video is just overkill on hype words. "State of the art" is something that really has no meaning other than .... well, new. tounge.gif

state of the art usually means it was invented last week, you needed it yesturday, and they noticed this afternoon smile.gif