Sign in to follow this  
Spetsnaz -PELOPES-

Vietcong-game

Nice pics, I look forward to the release of it.

RED

Are there any pics of the sniper rifles? If there aren't any snipers i'm not gonna buy it...

wow, this all looks really good. I've heared about this game before, but it seems like it'll be a real beauty. Now just hope the gameplay and possibility's are good (somehow I keep judging new games by how much they similar OFP in these catagories tounge.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Dec. 05 2002,21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are there any pics of the sniper rifles?  If there aren't any snipers i'm not gonna buy it...<span id='postcolor'>

I haven't seen any yet. But I doubt it'd come out without snipers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Dec. 06 2002,20:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Dec. 05 2002,21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are there any pics of the sniper rifles?  If there aren't any snipers i'm not gonna buy it...<span id='postcolor'>

I haven't seen any yet.  But I doubt it'd come out without snipers.<span id='postcolor'>

I got this one from the forum, it's off the M1 Garand

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 04 2002,21:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Dec. 04 2002,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.vietcong-game.com/images/vehicles/vehicle_1a.jpg

What the heck is a .50 cal doing on a huey?<span id='postcolor'>

copying OFP?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

As a matter of fact, a .50 cal on a Huey is a legit loadout. I have seen video of US Hueys with an M2 as a mount. I'm sure it was rare (field mod maybe?) but it certainly isnt unheard of. Now, putting one on a Blackhawk, that's a different story...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Oct. 14 2002,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Oct. 09 2002,20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Look at the first pick, right under the Vietcong at the bottom left hand corner.  Please tell me that isn't a "health meter" showing how much "life" you got left.<span id='postcolor'>

Um, i don't know if you've noticed or not, but it's not because a game includes a lifemeter that it's bad and that it'll be one of those "get hit by a whole clip and run away with a scratch" games...  The meter will probable just show how much life you have left after you get hit and IF the bullet(s)/schrapnel (or whatever they call it) doesn't hit you on a deadly spot.  This can be very handy actually.  At least this way you have an idea of how wounded you are.  And don't start saying that this isn't realistic.  It's possible to hit soldiers in OFP without them getting hurt bad at all.  In this case a life meter would be handy, at least then you know how much chance of survival you have....<span id='postcolor'>

Would it be realistic if when you get hit not to lethal spot you lose blood and the life meter goes down? (like in mgs2 when you smoke cigs tounge.gif )

The Vietcong MP demo just came out. All I have to say is:

IT ROCKS!

It is very realistic, it's fun whne you play on a Vietnam Mode map, then you have no crosshair or info. The graphics are cool, there are many weapons, there are iron sights, sounds are great, and the realism is high.

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlexit....xe.html

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlexit....xe.html

http://3dgamers4.filefront.com/c899fff....emo.exe

The levels are very large, sure they are not islands, but to get a Vietnam island you would have to model Asia, Europe and Africa, since those continents are joined together.

The detail in the weapons is superb, the players are mature (on the servers I played on), so it seems that the CS crowd isn't here. It is also hard to see people in the levels, and that adds to the Vietnam feeling. It's everything I expected from this game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Dec. 14 2002,00:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The levels are very large, sure they are not islands, but to get a Vietnam island you would have to model Asia, Europe and Africa, since those continents are joined together.<span id='postcolor'>

What? Africa is attached to Vietnam?

The continents are all attached to each other. You could make it liek SEB La Trang valley, but it's better off having many smaller maps.

Yes but Vietnam isn't Africa. tounge.gif That's like saying Florida is Cuba. They're right next to each other, but they're two different things.

And I'm still getting that server lost message. =\

just got back from testing haphazardly, and it has nice atmosphere and graphic.

but jst another FPS. wink.gif

next!

I meant that it would be dumb to have say a part of Asia, and the rest would be blocked off by an invisible wall. If you wanted to make an FPS with huge island sized areas, it would be impossible to realistically model the area since there are many, many surrounding places. I nosticed it takes a few hits to kill someone, but this game is fairly realistic, but only if you play on "Vietnam mod" servers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 14 2002,02:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just got back from testing haphazardly, and it has nice atmosphere and graphic.

but jst another FPS.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I don't know many other FPSs that have such lush and varied terrain. I'm still checking my feet for mud and I could swear I got some new mosquito bites. tounge.gif

One thing I'm sure they won't have is snow. tounge.gif

After playing OFP, I don't like VC's ironsite view.

must admit the terrain is very very nice, and the little sounds in the background are very well done.

The weapon effects are also good (try walking up to a fallen tree, crouching and pressing aim and you aim over the obstruction - firing from behind cover)

I will be buying this game biggrin.gif

i played extensively over the weekend, and by the time i woke up after i installed it, it was somewhat ran over by CS kiddies and saw bunch of idiots.

not only that, i saw numerous incidents of racistic talks. my bet is that the community will be a bunch of sobs. not much future for Vietcong.

i'm not sure, but seems like the game engine is similar to 'Serious Sam' engine. anybody know more about this?

yes, the iron sight views are horrible in Vietcong. biggrin.gif

i love it its gonna rock! cant wait till feb, final version has playable vehicles biggrin.gif traps biggrin.gif tunnels biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 16 2002,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">not only that, i saw numerous incidents of racistic talks. my bet is that the community will be a bunch of sobs. not much future for Vietcong.<span id='postcolor'>

This isn't what ruined Delta Force, for example, because there were serious servers and teams with server difficulty options enabled (like limited/delayed respawn, etc.) and entry by password, etc. So your predictions are only true for a good part of the community but there's plenty of room for serious people and the ability to keep anyone else out of a server.

What really ruins any good or great game is MP cheats - plain and simple.

If they give the server's admin control, then VC MP could be doable. But it still has a lot of bugs, some less serious than others.

I'd buy it just for the SP anyway.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 16 2002,13:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">not only that, i saw numerous incidents of racistic talks. my bet is that the community will be a bunch of sobs. not much future for Vietcong.<span id='postcolor'>

And there isn't any in OFP? I was playing for the longest time in MP using one of the black guy's face, and I've been called many names. One time, I was running to a chopper to fly me to the flag, and the pilot took off, and one of the passengers said in side speak "all ni**ers must walk" followed by a bunch of LOL ROFL LOL by other people on my side. God I wished I had a AA...

As in Vietcong, I guess people think that because racist talk was part of the war they think it should be part of the game. Watch FMJ or Platoon, those movies kept the "colorfull" dialog, they set the mood. I wouldn'd go calling my next door neighbor a g**k, but I might do so in a game depicting the nam era.

-=Die Alive=-

@avon

i agree. just that Vietcong fell into another FPS group, and see no point of it being as good as OFP wink.gif

@die alive

agree, ther are always some sobs who can't understand that saying such things are unacceptable. however, from my experience, I seldom saw that.(i usually play on public servers). maybe because you were using the face you might have gotten some sobs. I was once at a clan server(open to public) and as soon as someone mentioned n-word, he got banned(not just kicked, but banned).

the problem(maybe at this stage only) is that even server names carry stereotypical phrases, and just about every server i went to had at least someone who makes such comment.

maybe server admin control will be better once full feature is out, but i think Vietcong will attract those brainless zombies that are not afraid to make such comments. sad.gif

It does feel like another fps with vietcong bushes/trees.