Hi Guys.

Just want to say, love the mod!

Not sure if this has been posted, but i seem to have an issue with damage being applied to a player while running Ace 3.

I'm not 100% if being hit is meant to damage a players limb like a bullet would.

The issue I'm having is player gets hit by zombie, player makes screaming sound, no damage to fix in the medical menu.

I've attached a few screen shots of what happens when a player gets hit.

http://imgur.com/a/LYpwv

The reason I'm asking is because i want the game to flow in a set kind of order.

1) Players contact Zombies

2) A few players would take some damage

3) Players secure area and treat wounded

4) Repeat until mission end.

I do assume the player takes damage from the hits, as i changed the attack value to 1 and the zombies kill the player in 1-4 hits, its just not applied to anything via Ace.

Cheers for any reply.

Hi,

It Gives other error too "Error Undefined variable in expression: _damagebodypart"

If you set value to one you can play, but always a zombie attack player gives an script error. 

Would be nice to solve this problem. 

Thanks!!

Is it possible to make all zombies walk rather than run? 

Is this controlled by @Ryanzombies or the mission file? 

Use walkers?

My apologies what do you mean? I have installed @Ryanzombies on my server but want to edit the mod so only walking zombies are spawned.

Put down 'Zombie Spawner' module with walkers only? Unless you want to persistent spawn like ALive then I got no idea. 

Now question for the Devs or anyone that knows, how do I utilise the 'Zombie Waypoint' in conjunction with a 'Zombie Spawner'. I want to make a horde traverse the landscape but when I give the group a vanilla way point they all fuck off in their own direction and just wander around, any help would be great.

Thanks

Greetings, I noticed the latest updates have removed the Zombies from the Zues spawning list. Any chance for a Hotfix?

Testmachine,

In zombie spawner module there should be a pull down for the type of Zombie you want, walker, demon, runner etc. Try playing with those. BTW you say @Ryanzombies but its now called @Zombies and Demons so if your mod is still called @Ryanszombies youa re using an OLD version and should update through the steam workshop. 

Los

My apologies what do you mean? I have installed @Ryanzombies on my server but want to edit the mod so only walking zombies are spawned.

I was searching this thread for ways to fix zombies doing no damage when @ryanzombies is used with @ace but it seems like it was fixed at one point.

I still get the error messages when a player gets hit. The zombies mod is trying to apply normal damage when ace is expecting advanced damage. Is there a way to fix this other than disabling ace medical?

• Like 3

I was searching this thread for ways to fix zombies doing no damage when @ryanzombies is used with @ace but it seems like it was fixed at one point.

I still get the error messages when a player gets hit. The zombies mod is trying to apply normal damage when ace is expecting advanced damage. Is there a way to fix this other than disabling ace medical?

Yeah I'm getting this too when running the latest ACE update, hope for a solution soon.

If anyone wants to get this to work properly with ACE3 advanced medical systems, replace the code in "acedamage.sqf" with:

_target = _this select 0;
_typeDamage = _this select 1;

_damage = 0;

switch _typeDamage do
{    
    case 'manNormal': { _damage = Ryanzombiesdamage; };
    case 'vehNormal': { _damage = Ryanzombiesdamage/25; };
    case 'manDemon': { _damage = 0.3; };
    case 'vehDemon': { _damage = 0.03; };
};    

_selection = selectRandom ace_medical_selections;
_hitpart = _selection;

switch _selection do
{
    case "hand_l";
    case "hand_r": { _hitpart = "hands"; };
    case "leg_l";
    case "leg_r": { _hitpart = "legs"; };
};

if(isPlayer _target) then
{
    [-2,{
        _damage = _this select 1;
        _selection = _this select 2;
        _hitpart = _this select 3;
        if(player == _target) then
        {
            [_target, _selection, _damage, objNull, "Bullet", -1, "", (_target gethit _hitpart) + _damage] call ace_medical_fnc_handleDamage;
            [_target, _selection, _damage, objNull, "Bullet", -1, "", (_target gethit _hitpart) + _damage] call ace_medical_fnc_handleDamage;
        };
    },[_target,_damage,_selection,_hitpart]] call CBA_fnc_globalExecute;

} else { // note that this damage won't be applied to AI group members of a player-led team on a server (because AIs are local to group leader) - low priority...
};
  • Like 1

If anyone wants to get this to work properly with ACE3 advanced medical systems, replace the code in "acedamage.sqf" with:

_damage = 0;

switch _typeDamage do
{    
};    

_hitpart = _selection;

switch _selection do
{
    case "hand_l";
    case "leg_l";
};

{
    [-2,{
        {
        };

} else { // note that this damage won't be applied to AI group members of a player-led team on a server (because AIs are local to group leader) - low priority...
};

You have to un-pbo the mod to change this? I was just asking the dev in private for this.

You have to un-pbo the mod to change this? I was just asking the dev in private for this.

Yeah, unfortunately.

_damage = 0;

switch _typeDamage do
{    
};    

_hitpart = _selection;

switch _selection do
{
    case "hand_l";
    case "leg_l";
};

{
    [-2,{
        {
        };

};

Why do you repeat the same lines three times? :confused:

Why do you repeat the same lines three times? :confused:

If you look at the original sqf, that's how it is done. I'm assuming because for some reason the damage handling is unreliable or the actual damage is unreliable.

I just didn't want to change too much of the original code, so I left it like that.

Maybe devs can check if ACE advanced med system is running and run the IF ...

Hey guys.

Me and Ryan have basically taken a break from more or less the internet in the last month, this break is now mostly over and we're resuming work. 

A few weeks ago the entire zombie mod has been rewritten (in a way that is backward compatibility).

We've optimized various things and the ACE damage issue was already fixed. Due to the rewrite, we will have to test all of our features extensively again and this will take some time.

It is a priority of mine to get this new update rolled out before Halloween this month. Best case scenario it could even be within a week.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 4

Good evening everyone! I just have a quick question. I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but is it possible for zombies to be dynamically spawned around the player? I'm trying to create a persistent survival mission for myself and a few friends and was thought it would be really cool as the mod provides amazing atmosphere for this kind of project. 

Cheers!

Hey guys.

Me and Ryan have basically taken a break from more or less the internet in the last month, this break is now mostly over and we're resuming work. 

A few weeks ago the entire zombie mod has been rewritten (in a way that is backward compatibility).

We've optimized various things and the ACE damage issue was already fixed. Due to the rewrite, we will have to test all of our features extensively again and this will take some time.

It is a priority of mine to get this new update rolled out before Halloween this month. Best case scenario it could even be within a week.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

That sounds like a plan! ;)

_damage = 0;

switch _typeDamage do
{    
};    

_hitpart = _selection;

switch _selection do
{
    case "hand_l";
    case "leg_l";
};

{
    [-2,{
        {
        };

};

Is it server only, or should everyone connecting to me have this alteration?

Anyone know where I can find the "acedamage.sqf" file ?

Seems like I'm missing out on something here...

Root directory folder.

Root directory folder.

Hmm root of ace? because I simply cannot find it... I know I come of as a little set back, but I'm quite puzzled.

aceroot.PNG