Just a few suggestions.....

1. Is it possible you could add a module that spawns our chosen type of zombies randomly around players at our chosen range. Would mean we only need one module to make it seem as the whole map has zombies. Could have a density option like low, med high amount of z's.

2. A module that spawned zombies in buildings would be cool. (Bit like ALiVE's CQB module).

3. Would it be possible that when a player gets infected too much that he could show symptoms like random groans or involuntary swipe attack at any player standing too close.

Would be cool to have to execute your buddy if we can't find antiviral pills in time lol.

The current spanners are awesome for placing hordes and populating specific areas it's just having randoms zombies around that is hard to achieve without placing lots of modules.

Thanks

Just a few suggestions.....

1. Is it possible you could add a module that spawns our chosen type of zombies randomly around players at our chosen range. Would mean we only need one module to make it seem as the whole map has zombies. Could have a density option like low, med high amount of z's.

2. A module that spawned zombies in buildings would be cool. (Bit like ALiVE's CQB module).

3. Would it be possible that when a player gets infected too much that he could show symptoms like random groans or involuntary swipe attack at any player standing too close.

Would be cool to have to execute your buddy if we can't find antiviral pills in time lol.

The current spanners are awesome for placing hordes and populating specific areas it's just having randoms zombies around that is hard to achieve without placing lots of modules.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

1. Pretty much already possible by using attachTo to attach a module to a player, I believe.

2. It is possible to use garrison scripts like EOS with zombies to kind of achieve that already. Perhaps a module for it will be made by us later though.

3. When a player is infected there are already some symptoms like coughing, yelling, deteriorated eyesight. Involuntary swipe attacks sounds fun though :D

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Is it possible to have the anti virus pills as an add action much like the treat self/treat ai action?

The thing is,some other mods that include a double clicking invetory item for usage,makes your mods virus pills unclickable :(

Is there some way around that because i would like to be able to treat myself and ai from infection.

Thanks for taking a look at the deletion problem for zombies by the way.

Is it possible to have the anti virus pills as an add action much like the treat self/treat ai action?

The thing is,some other mods that include a double clicking invetory item for usage,makes your mods virus pills unclickable :(

Is there some way around that because i would like to be able to treat myself and ai from infection.

Thanks for taking a look at the deletion problem for zombies by the way.

Well, it was like that before. We however changed that to the inventory system. I doubt we'll be changing it back.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Well, it was like that before. We however changed that to the inventory system. I doubt we'll be changing it back.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Thanks for reply Mr. Sanchez

Would it be too much trouble if i ask for a download link to an older version with that feature?

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

1. Pretty much already possible by using attachTo to attach a module to a player, I believe.

2. It is possible to use garrison scripts like EOS with zombies to kind of achieve that already. Perhaps a module for it will be made by us later though.

3. When a player is infected there are already some symptoms like coughing, yelling, deteriorated eyesight. Involuntary swipe attacks sounds fun though :D

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I can attach a module to a player?

So I could set it quite low like groups of 3 zombies with a limit on 10 alive at any one time and can I put in -1 for total zombies for it to be unlimited so the zombies never run out?

Would you have an example script to attach it to a player or would I just sync it in editor?

Ps on the infected player will he eventually turn into a zombie and still be able to control him until shot by us? Do the antivirals cure you or just slow down the infection (evil laugh!)

Haven't experimented enough to know :)

So I could set it quite low like groups of 3 zombies with a limit on 10 alive at any one time and can I put in -1 for total zombies for it to be unlimited so the zombies never run out?

Would you have an example script to attach it to a player or would I just sync it in editor?

Ps on the infected player will he eventually turn into a zombie and still be able to control him until shot by us? Do the antivirals cure you or just slow down the infection (evil laugh!)

We haven't linked the infection system to the player-controlled zombies yet for numerous reasons. One reason being is the lack of variety on the player-controlled zombies so far (they're all pretty much super ninja zombies, haha. Based on subect 617).

Either way you'll have to use the attachTo command. I'm currently unable to run ArmA properly so I can't help you with that right now. I do believe that if you use the search function on this thread you'll find one or two posts with examples.

Thanks for reply Mr. Sanchez

Would it be too much trouble if i ask for a download link to an older version with that feature?

Uhhm, I'm pretty sure that version doesn't work with 1.56 anymore. I think it was like 3.3 or 3.4 or something like that. You can probably find the downloads on Play withSix. I don't know any other website/program that caches old versions of modifications.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Here's a small update. Sorry it's so quick but just wanted the deletion module actually working.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 4.1 - STEAM WORKSHOP

DOWNLOAD VERSION 4.1 - DROPBOX

What's new:

- Deletion module fixed.
- Small delay fixed while spawning zombies in Zeus with "Crawling out of ground" enabled.
- Option to disable zombie initialization script.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update and fixing the deletion issue,things work very well.

I wana say that i really enjoy the sounds the zombies make,and the customisation to it.As a small request for future features if there is any planned...

Could there possibly be a sound distance setting?At the moment i only hear zeds when about 30 meters away.It would be quite immersive and spooky when walking through the woods at night to hear(but not see) zeds,  for example the larger the hoard,the higher the sound starts from 100 meters away.

Thanks again devs

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/attachTo

Name your zombie spawner module something easy, e.g.: ZomSpawn1

Then in init.sqf, trigger, or wherever you want to start the zombie pursuers:

ZomSpawn1 attachTo [player];

If you prefer a little directional randomness, where the zombies are always homing in on the player's less recent position(s), you can set this up in a .sqf loop or a repeatable trigger, whichever you're comfortable with.

e.g. trigger:

condition: player distance thisTrigger > 200;

on act: ZomSpawn1 setPos getPos player;

countdown min 30 mid 60 max 120

Or whatever settings you want.

For garrisoning, take your pick:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26930&highlight=GARRISON

bp.sushi Garrison

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27535&highlight=GARRISON

JShock's Garrison

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26343&highlight=GARRISON

Zenophon's Garrison

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26770&highlight=GARRISON

t-800a's AI spawn script (including garrison function; overkill for only garrison needs)

I've used all but Zenophon's, but I've used his framework that includes the garrison functions, and his stuff is always solid. Sushi's is easiest to use, and if you assign more units than a house has spaces, the extra units automatically patrol nearby outside (same for Jshock's?).

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/attachTo

Name your zombie spawner module something easy, e.g.: ZomSpawn1

Then in init.sqf, trigger, or wherever you want to start the zombie pursuers:

ZomSpawn1 attachTo [player];

If you prefer a little directional randomness, where the zombies are always homing in on the player's less recent position(s), you can set this up in a .sqf loop or a repeatable trigger, whichever you're comfortable with.

e.g. trigger:

condition: player distance thisTrigger > 200;

on act: ZomSpawn1 setPos getPos player;

countdown min 30 mid 60 max 120

Or whatever settings you want.

For garrisoning, take your pick:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26930&highlight=GARRISON

bp.sushi Garrisonhttp://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27535&highlight=GARRISON

JShock's Garrisonhttp://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26343&highlight=GARRISON

Zenophon's Garrison

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26770&highlight=GARRISON

t-800a's AI spawn script (including garrison function; overkill for only garrison needs)

I've used all but Zenophon's, but I've used his framework that includes the garrison functions, and his stuff is always solid. Sushi's is easiest to use, and if you assign more units than a house has spaces, the extra units automatically patrol nearby outside (same for Jshock's?).

Thanks bud,

If I add this "ZomSpawn1 attachTo [player];" will that attach the module to all players or will I have to name the playable units "guy1" "guy2" etc "ZomSpawn1 attachTo [guy1];" "ZomSpawn1 attachTo [guy2];"

Thanks

I was wondering how do i change the kill messages from "committed suicide" when a player is killed by a zombie to something like "killed by zombie"?

I was wondering how do i change the kill messages from "committed suicide" when a player is killed by a zombie to something like "killed by zombie"?

It's scripted damage using sethit/setdamage or ace functions. I don't think assigning a killer is possible unless there's some secret arma script command that does that.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

You pressed i for inventory. It doesn't heal you but that's a good idea and we could consider adding that in future. Unfortunately the inventory window pops up while eating, which we may try fix in future as well.

It's scripted damage using sethit/setdamage or ace functions. I don't think assigning a killer is possible unless there's some secret arma script command that does that.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

thank you for your quick reply. loving this mod!

Hey guys, thanks again for this addon, I've had a blast this weekend scaring myself silly.

I do have a couple of questions though that would really help with a mission I'm working on.

First off is there any way to create a "safe zone"? Like and area that zombies just will not enter? I'm thinking a marker or trigger set up on church "holy ground" that demons could not enter. Also this could help with the issue I have at the moment where you cant really barricade yourself in a compound because zombies will just "ARMA" through walls/cars/roadblocks etc. This would really help with being able to have a horde "locked in" one of the research units.

Second is something that's not exactly linked to the addon, but I would like to use it in conjunction with the zombies. 
Does anyone know how to set a unit on fire without killing them? I used the module listed under modules>effects - Fire to create the perfect fire I would like, but for some reason I cannot attachto a unit. I can't for the life of me get that module to move once it's initialised and it would be super cool and cinematic to have a zombie stumbling around while on fire. Any ideas? 

Thanks again for all your work. This really is an amazing addon.

I've been testing the mod and have been getting regular CTD last night.
I thought it may have been something to do with either mods I have installed (CUP, Esseker) or use of the attachTo method, but I ruled that out.

This is my latest test which crashed with a memory error (just as I pressed Esc, assuming it had worked fine):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23f0WJ1c7omNDV2YVpxeDFHdTA/view?usp=sharing

The test works like this:

Zombies are deleted and spawn at 50m

There are 4 zombie spawns in adjacent grid corners around 100m away from the player start position.

To test, run diagonally until a spawn is activated. Then run to the next spawn. Repeat until at least ~6-7 hoards have been spawned/deleted.

Could it be a problem with my computer?

PC specs:

i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz, ~3.8GHz

8GB RAM

2x 128GB SSD in raid-0 with 22 GB free space.

AMD Radeon 7970

Here is the crash dump:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23f0WJ1c7omM0tubTRuNldXb0E/view?usp=sharing

Hey guys, thanks again for this addon, I've had a blast this weekend scaring myself silly.

I do have a couple of questions though that would really help with a mission I'm working on.

First off is there any way to create a "safe zone"? Like and area that zombies just will not enter? I'm thinking a marker or trigger set up on church "holy ground" that demons could not enter. Also this could help with the issue I have at the moment where you cant really barricade yourself in a compound because zombies will just "ARMA" through walls/cars/roadblocks etc. This would really help with being able to have a horde "locked in" one of the research units.

Second is something that's not exactly linked to the addon, but I would like to use it in conjunction with the zombies. 

Does anyone know how to set a unit on fire without killing them? I used the module listed under modules>effects - Fire to create the perfect fire I would like, but for some reason I cannot attachto a unit. I can't for the life of me get that module to move once it's initialised and it would be super cool and cinematic to have a zombie stumbling around while on fire. Any ideas? 

Thanks again for all your work. This really is an amazing addon.

For setting units on fire, perhaps attach a Test_FireObjectBig(it's the wrong classname but the real one is similar, search it). Although I'm not sure whether that wouldn't kill them from fire damage...probably would.

A scripted safezone isn't possible yet, maybe we'll add it in the next update since a nice 1.57 script command can help us achieve that (inArea). You can however block yourself in with solid objects, zombies don't walk through them afaik unless they are following the path LOD in buildings which basically noclips the AIs. In other words, it's impossible to stop AIs from walking through barriers once they've entered a building. Blocking the entrances should work though.

I know that isn't what you want to achieve with the church and all but consider it for now. :P

I thought it may have been something to do with either mods I have installed (CUP, Esseker) or use of the attachTo method, but I ruled that out.

This is my latest test which crashed with a memory error (just as I pressed Esc, assuming it had worked fine):

There are 4 zombie spawns in adjacent grid corners around 100m away from the player start position.

To test, run diagonally until a spawn is activated. Then run to the next spawn. Repeat until at least ~6-7 hoards have been spawned/deleted.

PC specs:

8GB RAM

AMD Radeon 7970

Here is the crash dump:

Will do some tests.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

PC specs:

8GB RAM

AMD Radeon 7970

Here is the crash dump:

I wasn't able to get my game to crash while running around as you instructed. However, I did manage to get my game to crash twice while running small circles around one of the zombie spawners while repeatedly pressing escape.

However the third time it didn't happen, so it's rather weird yeah.

I'll see if there's any script improvements we can do that perhaps fixes this.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I wasn't able to get my game to crash while running around as you instructed. However, I did manage to get my game to crash twice while running small circles around one of the zombie spawners while repeatedly pressing escape.

However the third time it didn't happen, so it's rather weird yeah.

I'll see if there's any script improvements we can do that perhaps fixes this.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I was getting the same crash with 6 and above standard slow zombie hoards with waypoints. When I started shooting at them with 6 hordes the crash happened. The crash also happened when testing the max number of zombies I could spawn at once. It didn't happen with 5. But when I tried the above with a much lower maximum it still happened eventually.

Waypoints/Pathing issue?

Just one other thought, is there a list of all the sounds used for the zombies?

I would like to try and mess with the players head by using the playSound3D command and some of the (specifically) demon sounds.

Just one other thought, is there a list of all the sounds used for the zombies?

I would like to try and mess with the players head by using the playSound3D command and some of the (specifically) demon sounds.

I noticed all the sounds appear listed in the trigger module.

I noticed all the sounds appear listed in the trigger module.

Yeah I tried that, but for some reason (probably my own incompetence) they never seem positional and you can often hear them even before being triggered.

Maybe I just need to look at my triggers again

Oh and I managed to get a zombie walking around on fire using the help I got in this thread

Probably not the most CPU friendly way of doing it considering I attached 3 fire emitters to him, but it was a cool proof of concept I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVc2OtitKE&feature=youtu.be