Sign in to follow this  
zukov

basicbody remove the underwear

like the title is possible to have the basic body without t-shirt?

thanks in advance

Underwear is currently part of human body model. You need to make a whole new one without shirt

Underwear is currently part of human body model. You need to make a whole new one without shirt

thanks i use now makehuman and blender (only for my self training) for the model i have to remove the head?

are you sure? I found the textutes in a3\characters_f\common\data a file called basicbody_grey_co contains that underwear...e447c4bb2feb8cfd26e6037f520955c3.png

In Arma uniform represents the cloth itself plus arms and legs, even skin exposed parts. Underwear is a uniform as any uniform in Arma.

Someone reported this to moderators..but I'm not sure why. Whats the problem? No rules have been broken that I can see.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Someone reported this to moderators..but I'm not sure why. Whats the problem? No rules have been broken that I can see.

That's the prudishness police :yikes:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ProfTournesol said:

That's the prudishness police :yikes:

I thought that might be it but dismissed the idea as silly..Ah well , never mind.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JuanAdamuz97 said:

are you sure? I found the textutes in a3\characters_f\common\data a file called basicbody_grey_co contains that underwear...

The way it works in Arma is that a uniform is an entire character model, without the head, which is a proxy. The skin parts are in a selection "hl", which gets retextured depending on the head you are using (white, asian, black etc). 

This is the reason why for example you cannot have separate pants and shirts - it all needs to be part of an entire model.

EDIT: A while ago I made a tutorial on how to port models from Arma 2. It shows how the process works, whether you port a model  or create one from scratch isn't really that much difference. You can find it here

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ineptaphid said:

Reviveing a 2 year old thread :dummy: 

It maybe was a bit unnecessary I have to admit...

Ah...makes sense now. i should have just PM'd you :D

Now wait, before you lock the thread, lets have a short discussion.  How easy would it be to make a "naked model"?  Or at least a shirtless model?  I know you'd have to extend the "hl" textures to include the torso by make a skin torso texture but would it be easy to blend in the neck line of the head with the naked "uniform" model?

The reason I ask is because 18th century clothing for sailors doesn't exactly include undershirts with collars.

• Like 1