na mate set the material to the same as the VR Entity's thats what he means. if i remember correct you either set the material in the config ot you have to put it in the model... some much more experienced modders than myself might give the awnser to that...

I think he means an emissive material. An rvmat assigned to the mesh that makes up the blades, set to emissive. I don't think texture based emission has been added. Though I'm open to correction. :)

The .rvmat files that determine a textures general look (reflectiveness, bumpiness, etc.). I can explain this to you in greater detail via PMs.

Also, I was referring to these guys

500x1000px-LL-284592e2_arma32015-01-3019-07-45-15.jpeg

The .rvmat files that determine a textures general look (reflectiveness, bumpiness, etc.). I can explain this to you in greater detail via PMs.

Also, I was referring to these guys

http://cdn.overclock.net/2/28/500x1000px-LL-284592e2_arma32015-01-3019-07-45-15.jpeg

Ok thank, if you can explain that to me in PM that will be cool.

I have try to improve my textures, I think it's better now :

399622Energyswordtest2.png

A little picture of the Plasma Pistol textured, I'm afraid because I have really no talent to make textures ! I hope that with the "RVMats", that is going to be more attractive, anyway I am incapable to do better.

But I know now, how to make UVmapping, it's not really difficult. If somebody got an idea to replace the basic purple texture, that will be very cool.

804004Text2.png

I have some bugs to fix with this textures.

Edited by Drakedaeron

I know this might involve some hard work but, any chance you will be putting in The Flood from "Halo: Combat Evolved"? :D

1825420-632871_20111116_035.jpg

I know this might involve some hard work but, any chance you will be putting in The Flood from "Halo: Combat Evolved"? :D

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/gamespot/images/2011/319/reviews/1825420-632871_20111116_035.jpg

No chance. I'm going to have a lot of work with Elites, I work at present alone, seen that my team-mate is occupied with his work.

Yeah but I really don't know how to do something like that. I'm going to try.

EDIT : I tested your suggestion very fastly, it's an early picture just to test an hexagon texture, what do you think about this texture ? I find this very close from the real plasma pistol, I'm happy. I'm going to redo my textures with this new :

497437Test3.png

Edited by Drakedaeron

You could use that pattern to create a simple specular map. Then set the specular colour green,

from the rvmat. Obviously the choice of colours is up to you. :)

I suggest playing around with the values in the material editor for the diffuse and

specular. This would be in combination with the textures.

It should give you a nice simple effect, as it picks up the light.

Example buldozer render:

39Ep4AZm.jpg

Edited by Maczer

It's in Oxygen2 for this kind of modification ?

139044PlasmaPistol.png

Fully textured Plasma Pistol.

ambient[]={0.24313726,0.24313726,1,1};
diffuse[]={0.24313726,0.24313726,1,1};
forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,0};
emmisive[]={0,0,0,1};
specular[]={1.9967556e-008,1,1.9967556e-008,1};
specularPower=100;
PixelShaderID="Super";
VertexShaderID="Super";
class Stage1
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,1,1)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage2
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,DT)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage3
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0,MC)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage4
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1,AS)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage5
{
texture="test\spec_SMDI.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage6
{
texture="#(ai,64,64,1)fresnel(3,3)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage7
{
texture="CA\data\env_land_co.tga";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};

That's the RvMat I cobbled together for that image. You would save that as "YourfileName.Rvmat" and reference it when applying it to the mesh.

"Stage 5" is where the Specular map is referenced. You would have to change the path for your own texture. The diffuse texture can be applied inside O2PE/Object builder, in the usual way. The process hasn't changed since A2 as far as I'm aware.

It's in Oxygen2 for this kind of modification ?

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/139044PlasmaPistol.png

Fully textured Plasma Pistol.

Looks great, though the purple should be more of a blue color:

http://www.halopedia.org/images/3/3a/HReach-PlasmaPistolSide.png (1239 kB)

http://www.halopedia.org/images/9/9d/H4-T25PlasmaPistol-SideRender.png (1079 kB)

ambient[]={0.24313726,0.24313726,1,1};
diffuse[]={0.24313726,0.24313726,1,1};
forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,0};
emmisive[]={0,0,0,1};
specular[]={1.9967556e-008,1,1.9967556e-008,1};
specularPower=100;
PixelShaderID="Super";
VertexShaderID="Super";
class Stage1
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,1,1)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage2
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,DT)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage3
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0,MC)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage4
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1,AS)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage5
{
texture="test\spec_SMDI.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage6
{
texture="#(ai,64,64,1)fresnel(3,3)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage7
{
texture="CA\data\env_land_co.tga";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};

That's the RvMat I cobbled together for that image. You would save that as "YourfileName.Rvmat" and reference it when applying it to the mesh.

"Stage 5" is where the Specular map is referenced. You would have to change the path for your own texture. The diffuse texture can be applied inside O2PE/Object builder, in the usual way. The process hasn't changed since A2 as far as I'm aware.

Thank you very much, this will be very usefull ! :D

Modding is a world very complicated.

Bowser118 : Purple is the color use in Halo 2 Anniversay, and it's the color of Covenant... And I love this color, but I can make a blue texture.

How are you going with the Sangheili? Will they make it into the first release? I saw that Scorch's forum avatar is a picture of a Sangheili in-game. Is he working with you to make them?

"How are you going with the Sangheili? Will they make it into the first release?"

No, for the first release, just my basic weapons (Plasma Pistol ; Fuel Rodd Cannon ; Plasma Rifle ; Energy Sword), and with CSAT retextures, I work alone for the moment because Chicken is occupied with his real life work. And I don't receive help for 3D Modelling.

I would model Elites when I would have finished my weapons. Elites will certainly be for the second release, maybe not with all the armors, but at least the version to minor and officier. It is very different to model weapons, and characters. But don't worry, Elites are going to come, and they will come ;)

Soon : Pictures of Fuel Rodd Cannon textured, I'm hot like fire to texture :)

Edited by Drakedaeron

http://imgur.com/a/w2Occ

But anyway, it's not really important. The most important for the moment is to finish UV of my weapons to make the first release.

Now thats weird, but its fine. I also noticed that the Plasma Rifle is more purple than blue in H2A, also.

Now thats weird, but its fine. I also noticed that the Plasma Rifle is more purple than blue in H2A, also.

I think the choice of colour is irrelevant at the moment, making and getting any model into Arma3 is quite an accomplishment. Colours can be done later, and im sure what ever colour you want :)

Fuel Rodd Cannon fully textured !

957286FuelRoddCannontextured.png

I've got some difficulties with his global appareance and her textures, but finally he is here. This texture is in 2048x2048, I don't know if you see the difference, for me there is not significative difference between 1024x1024 and 2048x2048, I think it's because the textures used isn't at this resolution.

Edited by Drakedaeron

nice updates! Glad to see you added hexagonal forms to the textures, looks pretty good. There is still a lot of room for improvement, but what you have done is pretty good already. Keep up the good work and I'm pretty sure we will be able to enjoy a first release soon.

About weapon colors, I definatelly prefer this purple over the blue one. Even for the plasma rifle:

http://www.artemstudios.com/2010/gallery/professional/halos_reach/plasma_rifle_high.jpg

Then use yellow for the specialized weapons such as rocket launcher and concussion grenade launcher:

http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/Covenant-concussion-rifle-Callout-Sheet-FINAL_Use_Reach_colors_web.jpg

And combine that grey with black or a darker grey:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140510062454/halo/images/b/b8/H4-Reference-Carbine.jpg

Edited by nightovizard

Like that ?

UV was really hard on it, because it's my first 3D model, so it's a real hell, fuel rodd canon was easy to UV, but plasma rifle, omg.

460693PlasmaRifle.png

We are very close from the release guys :)

Edited by Drakedaeron

They look great! Only issue I see are the stretched hexagons but its not a big deal. Have you worked on the projectiles for the weapons at all by any chance? There are those nice study pictures of a lot of Covenant weapons I can link for you.

Edited by Bowser118

They look great! Only issue I see are the stretched hexagons but its not a big deal. Have you worked on the projectiles for the weapons at all by any chance? There are those nice study pictures of a lot of Covenant weapons I can link for you.

The stretched hexagons are actually somewhat a feature of a lot of Covenant weapons in the game series as well - and personally I think he should keep them somewhat warped if possible. It gives it more of a textured feel and actually makes it seem rounded off rather than just a flat, pressed one across the entire object.