El Tyranos

[WIP] Renault Trucks Defense VAB

Hi all !

'Cause I'm too lazy, I took some time off on the VAB... But don't worry, I'm working again on it. Today I completed the NBC ventilation system and resolved some adjustements into the mesh.

Otherwise, I started the UV's for the exterior.

NBC vent system

gUdzTz9l.jpg

Some classic vents (pipes missing yet)

7xtxgXOl.jpg

Fucking A ! Looking forward to add this add-on to our French mission (we already have ARC units and R3F weapons, only missing vehicles !). If I could, I'd tip you guys but hey thank to French gov I can't.

Really nice work, french vehicles have been missing since A2 with OPFrenchpoint.

Wow, really miss VAB from A2. Suspension looks so realistic, very good work so far from WIP! Please finish up this beauty ;)

+1 French kit and missions were my favourite sp experiences in a2

Guys!! Why not the the VAB T20/13?

https://myjpo.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/vbvr-7739.jpg

That 20mm autocannon is fucking badass and has an amazing rate of fire!

https://youtu.be/9HcXrSgdlWg?t=31s

It's also very effective, but it requires a lot of time to create it from scratch, time we don't have. We'll already be happy to release a classic version.

Anyway, thank you all for your support.

The very basic shell's polycount is about 800 triangles. It's quiet low, but we didn't know the average polycount for a vehicle in ArmA 3 since we started this project with Tyra. With hatches & doors added to the hull, the polycount turns up to 7000 tris.

Click here

Any news on the project ? Can't wait to see it in game :)

Hi! 

Some news for you guys. The project is still alive, don't worry. I know you can't wait for play with it, but as I said before, I'm such a lazy dude...

Anyway, after a long work break (I worked in oyster farming for few months), I'm onto 3D again and these days I discovered a new software, Substance.

So this is my first attempt with the VAB after doing some tutorials. It's pretty crappy, cause of a lack of UVs on the mesh and no baking to generate the normal map. The details are blurry and too large but you've got an idea of what I’m aiming to do. 

f7fec75f-4d49-4da1-af5a-221db7424207.jpg

55c3b7ed-3bc8-41ef-81f5-4b1dac5d6261.jpg

These ones are prop mesh with good UVs and high poly projection (CE & Daguet camo versions). The result is closer of what I'm trying to attempt for the hull. I have to refine details yet, but, for my first trying I'm pretty glad. Substance you rocks!

68c636ef-73be-469b-b62b-d82cf19ad136.jpg071bcb0a-e2f1-4c3d-8b1d-c3c55ef98064.jpg

Probably some news will be coming soon. And as always, no release date  :)
  • Like 5

Hi! 

Some news for you guys. The project is still alive, don't worry. I know you can't wait for play with it, but as I said before, I'm such a lazy dude...

Anyway, after a long work break (I worked in oyster farming for few months), I'm onto 3D again and these days I discovered a new software, Substance.

So this is my first attempt with the VAB after doing some tutorials. It's pretty crappy, cause of a lack of UVs on the mesh and no baking to generate the normal map. The details are blurry and too large but you've got an idea of what I’m aiming to do. 

f7fec75f-4d49-4da1-af5a-221db7424207.jpg

55c3b7ed-3bc8-41ef-81f5-4b1dac5d6261.jpg

These ones are prop mesh with good UVs and high poly projection (CE & Daguet camo versions). The result is closer of what I'm trying to attempt for the hull. I have to refine details yet, but, for my first trying I'm pretty glad. Substance you rocks!

68c636ef-73be-469b-b62b-d82cf19ad136.jpg071bcb0a-e2f1-4c3d-8b1d-c3c55ef98064.jpg

Probably some news will be coming soon. And as always, no release date  :)

Wow people always said "better slower and good than fast and bad" nice progress ! :)

• Like 3

Here a last material test for today about the "wreck version". It's really a WIP and mesh deformation is missing off course, I have to do it among other things, so many things... Please don't hurt me. 

6c2b1fed-62b1-4744-8840-fade26bafc91.jpg

EDIT : 

A quickie Daguet camo test with new color tweak.

ac44a8a3-e070-4a71-9663-f9823d0163f4.jpg

• Like 6

Bravo pour le travail! Le design est très réussi! Notre équipe est impatiente de pouvoir jouer avec le VAB! Si nous pouvons aider d'une quelconque manière (relai, diffusion, communication, élaboration,etc). Bonne continuation !

Looks great mate. Keep it up, can't wait to drive it around with my team ;)

It's still on track, but I hate so much unwrap UVs... I do nothing these days except trying to find a mate who like this UVs part.

Sorry might sound rude, but you have one vehicle wip since February 2015, is it so hard to finalize and release one vehicle?

Sorry might sound rude, but you have one vehicle wip since February 2015, is it so hard to finalize and release one vehicle?

It can be, please be patient addon making is a hobby. The author may have other things that are taking up their time.

Bringing such things to game is damn hard if you work alone  

Considering that the model is extra quality, yes it is. I can't imagine how many great projects were ruined because the authors wanted to rush them since people were asking to do so.

In France we have an other mod called Operation Frenchpoint (which was, for me, one of the best army modification for ArmA II), since they migrated to ArmA III they seem to struggle on communication and say that the only thing to do is to wait. In fact, they prefer to concentrate on what they have to do to bring us the best experience, and not about people's complains.

So yes again, it's long and hard for a studio and even more for someone alone (as said SrbKnight) to create a mod that matches the quality standards of ArmA III, the only thing we can do is to support them and not to discourage them from their on work...

Anyway, me and my team are behind Crotin. We believe that this model is the one we need (for we play french infantry) and we are ready to help by any mean if he needs us.

P.S. for Crotin : I think you'll be at OFCRA's public operation this thursday, maybe will have a chat ! ^^

It's not really that hard, the VAB's config is almost done in fact. The only issue is I'm such a lazy dude... My mate who I work with (ElTyranos) is desesparate. 

All I have to do to achieve the project is to unwrap these fuck*** UVs and do the paint job (also finish the high poly version and configure the differents LODs models in O2). But after a day work in 3D, I want do to something else for my evenings.
If anyone wants to help us with the UVs work, be my guest :D It can really improve the release and my lack of motivation. 

To the others : Thanks for your support, it's nice too read your comments and I'm so confused for the waiting. I'm ashamed...

@SovietPanda : I will not be there to the Ofcra evening this week but ElTyranos and BG21 members will do.

Dear countryman,

I followed this topic for a long time and I very happy for the future of the french community when I seen the lasts pictures.

In the past I began to build a vehicle model but I gave-up, and UV map is a part of the reason.

If you need some help we have resources inside my team, Script, Photoshop, or just time …

While waiting to ride the VAB in the bush, and/or take part in it’s creation, I wish you strength and honor.

Pierro

Some news for you guys.

Thanks to two mates (Spam_One & Louttratitude ), the UVs unwrap are in a good way to be done.
The textures for the exterior parts are coming soon!

Here, some screenshots of the UVs layouts :

Ox08D3Bl.jpg

0XUof9Wl.jpg

dh6tUG1l.jpg

• Like 3