Sign in to follow this  
Mastiff

NVIDIA Tweaks and Ingame tweaks

Hi I post these setting in hopes to help people with there FPS in game. steady 60fps.

?r8265ocpcznjr0e

?tbrdfiqf3t9qh20

Hi I post these setting in hopes to help people with there FPS in game. steady 60fps.

I'd like to think with an i7, 16GB of RAM and a GTX980 with 4GB of VRAM you'd be able to run ANYTHING at 60fps...

Are you joking? You're saying you get 60fps with 12 000m view distance? :D

Are you joking? You're saying you get 60fps with 12 000m view distance? :D

The screenshots do show an FPS count of 60, however that does look like Stratis' intro background from the main menu, so whether its 60FPS on Altis remains to be seen.

I'd like to think with an i7, 16GB of RAM and a GTX980 with 4GB of VRAM you'd be able to run ANYTHING at 60fps...

Not in MULTIPLAYER :D

Sometimes i have the feeling in multiplayer arma dont care what your graphical settings are. If you have 20FPS on HD you will get 20FPS on low too.

Sometimes i have the feeling in multiplayer arma dont care what your graphical settings are. If you have 20FPS on HD you will get 20FPS on low too.

It's not "sometimes", it's always like that. If the server is slow or the mission is "unoptimized", clients will CPU bottleneck and you will get 15-20FPS no matter what.

The screenshots do show an FPS count of 60, however that does look like Stratis' intro background from the main menu, so whether its 60FPS on Altis remains to be seen.

Well, on my potato pc I get 69 fps on the menu with this view distance: http://i.imgur.com/gnFArrm.jpg ;)

In other words, the fps in pause menu doesn't really tell how much get when playing.

Well, on my potato pc I get 69 fps on the menu with this view distance: http://i.imgur.com/gnFArrm.jpg ;)

In other words, the fps in pause menu doesn't really tell how much get when playing.

Maybe if you run the game with -noPause? It probably still isn't the same as when you actually play but it might be more accurate.

Maybe if you run the game with -noPause? It probably still isn't the same as when you actually play but it might be more accurate.

I think -nopause just prevents the pausing when you alt-tab out of the game.

Oh man where should I start...

If having tough Object Detail on standard can save couple frames and you don't really miss much.

Shadow must be high or above to tax GPU and not bottleneck CPU

View distance is just to much unless you're flying. Lower it at least back to 3000

Object detail, well depending on mission how much you need it.

PP effects as you like, Sharpen Filter can give a nice sharp picture

FSAA and AToC as you like, can be higher unless the resolution already taxes too much.

PPAA better use SMAA or CMAA to full

Aniso. Filtering just max it.

Now go on and show us your multiplayer fps.

or show FPS with simple action going on the screen(ai movement,firefights,effects,placed objects & vehicles etc) with steady 60

Edited by TeilX

I'd like to see the results from the mission 'just another Arma benchmark' to show the actual fps.

The Sharpen filter for me has to be turned on 150-200. It's the only way I can spot enemies at far distances.

12k view distance 50 shadow distance lol...nvidia HBAO+ not working just use the ingame HDAO..

Despite having a good rig that can run between 35 - 50 frames sec on ultra but PP off for all firefights and stuff (though when the server frames drop mine also drops to what ever the server is)

I find the best solution to any issue I have with performance is to go and play Dayz SA for a week, then go back to Arma, funny how it doesn't feel as bad then ;-)

Now go on and show us your multiplayer fps.

Out of interest, what FPS do you get in multiplayer? I see people complain about this a lot, but it seems to be heavily hardware specific, no matter what video settings are used (I assume due to ArmA's CPU bottleneck).

On a (heavily modded) public server with ~20 players (vs AI), I get between 35-50 FPS (dependant on mission/server uptime).

In a 50 player mission (vs AI), I get between 25-35 FPS (avg. 30).

In a 30 player mission (PvP only), I get between 45-60+ FPS.

What do others experience?

PC Specs:

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4GHz (no OC)

GPU: GTX 970 4GB VRAM (no OC)

RAM: 16GB @ 2400MHz

SSD: 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (Arma 3 + mods stored on this)

Edited by MisterGoodson

Out of interest, what FPS do you get in multiplayer? I see people complain about this a lot, but it seems to be heavily hardware specific, no matter what video settings are used (I assume due to ArmA's CPU bottleneck).

On a (heavily modded) public server with ~20 players (vs AI), I get between 35-50 FPS (dependant on mission/server uptime).

In a 50 player mission (vs AI), I get between 25-35 FPS (avg. 30).

In a 30 player mission (PvP only), I get between 45-60+ FPS.

What do others experience?

PC Specs:

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4GHz (no OC)

GPU: GTX 970 4GB VRAM (no OC)

RAM: 16GB @ 2400MHz

SSD: 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (Arma 3 + mods stored on this)

Depends on mission, but 50 players + AI normally around 20 fps.

I get about 30 ish fps on a 50 player co-op server annex. Drops to 20s when in a town. That is everything on ultra 115 sharpness ( my own preference) 3k viewdistance (again my own preference) . So is not too bad.

Played a wasteland other day 40 fps 40 or so players were on.

Nexr server I joined wasteland was 25 about same amount of players.

Have lost some performance due to recent patches and DLC. but they have publicly acknowledged this and said they are working on it. So hope all goes well for them.

I see you have NVIDIA triple buffering set to On. Why not use the in-game triple buffering:

tripleBuffering=1;

in Arma3.cfg? Dwarden said that worked about a year ago - I assume it still does.