Sign in to follow this  
mythlawlbear

Problem with patch?

Got on today after patch and have this issue, mod pops under expansions which is blank and item icons are black.

I've tried reinstalling Arma 3 fresh and nothing. I've deleted the game, document files, save files, registry files, and even appdata.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/29mvjvt.jpg

Note: The black icons happen on any system that uses inventory, like Altis Life Garage.

However ingame inventories all work fine. This also happens regardless of me running mods or not.

Edited by mythlawlbear

Some mod handling in the Expansions menu have been changed, that is what probably is bugging you, it`s probably mod related, not the actual patch.

As for the VAS, it seems a script issue, check its original BI topic to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

The actual patch is broken. Thats the reason. I have NO mods installed. I have a clean version and i got a shaking screen, buggy icons etc. I've played for about 4 hours without any problems, laggs, shaking screens and after the update yesterday the hole game is buggy.

Edit:

I tested it on 3 different servers with 3 different gamemodes. AltisLife, Wasteland and Warfare. On all those different servers i got this shaking screen. And all players seems to have the same problem. And all icons are buggy too. Hope that BI fixed that asap or rollback the update.

Edited by Th3Z0n3

i cant start campaign..only collapse button available and when I click that nothing happen..already complain when I was on RC branch and now its here in stable so mad right now

Since the update the double Ctrl relaxed weapon stance doesn't work and all my items in VAS are blacked out. The mod logos on the menu are mostly jigsaw emblems.

Weird. The lack of relaxed weapon stance bugs me the most.

I have same issue with black icons in VAS. Also the shaking, like an earthquake on the way.

Dorph;2863679']I have same issue with black icons in VAS. Also the shaking' date=' like an earthquake on the way.[/quote'] Yep... me too. Using vanilla and also getting the blacked out VAS icons for guns/ammo/misc.

BUT! I just want to say THANK YOU BiS for fixing that damn PhysX crash bug! Much appreciated!

and i got a shaking screen,

Oh... not just me and my guys who got that then. Good.

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Dorph;2863679'] Also the shaking' date=' like an earthquake on the way.[/quote']

I think it is the shaking of a heavy vehicle driving near you. I noticed that all the guys in my server reported it after a time. Quiting, shutting down and rejoining server did not cure it.

You could try turning off camera shake in Difficulty settings or somewhere. See if that stops the quakes. I had that in RC. Crappy shit.

[/color]

I think it is the shaking of a heavy vehicle driving near you. I noticed that all the guys in my server reported it after a time. Quiting, shutting down and rejoining server did not cure it.

It feels just like a heavy vehicle is near you - the problem is that there are no heavy vehicle around. But maybe if 1 player have a heavy near and even they are on the other side of island, maybe it affects all other players too. Just a thought.

Restarting my client and rejoining did not cure it for me, but restarting the server cured it, although it came back later.

Why i suspect this is that i had problems like this in mission where you can call an air-taxi - after some a3 updates it began calling an airtaxi

for each player even only 1 player called it in. (thaps prob a mission fix caused by changes in a3 update).

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Dorph;2864208']It feels just like a heavy vehicle is near you - the problem is that there are no heavy vehicle around. But maybe if 1 player have a heavy near and even they are on the other side of island' date=' maybe it affects all other players too. Just a thought.

Restarting my client and rejoining did not cure it for me, but restarting the server cured it, although it came back later.

Why i suspect this is that i had problems like this in mission where you can call an air-taxi - after some a3 updates it began calling an airtaxi

for each player even only 1 player called it in. (thaps prob a mission fix caused by changes in a3 update).[/quote']

The camera shake happened when I was playing on my local LAN server. No other players but me. So can probably rule other players out.

Of course I also tried respawning and then restarting mission but none of those helped so I turned off Camera shake completely.

Yep I have Cam shakes too. The same ones like a vehicle is passing you.

Reconnecting, changing slots, restarting game nothing helped.

I guess you cant disable cam shake in MP....

As this is a massive game breaker I hope for a hotfix soon.

Have other issues with ATM paradrop now getting "bad vehicle type", black icons with VAS and death with respawn. much appreciated!

other scripts broken now too, fastropes, others from Ahoyworld invade & annex.

Edited by JAndrews1

Hi, may I ask what the blank icon is in the expansions list? I seem to have a blank entry in the expansions list in an unmodded game.

Hi, may I ask what the blank icon is in the expansions list? I seem to have a blank entry in the expansions list in an unmodded game.

Haven't seen it as I can't even start arma anymore, but my bet its a placeholder icon for a new dlc.