firewill

F-16 Fighting Falcon Series Standalone

1 hour ago, [VW]Wrath said:

Hey Firewill, congratulations on the release, the F-16 is even better with all of your hard work built into it. 

The only bugs I've found so far is that the map screen is slightly off and the plane position is a couple of kilometres or so North of the actual jets position and that Lesh's Tow mod doesn't work, though I am not sure on which end that is sorted on. But otherwise, great work, man!

like i said in A-10 when add the map function, its not 100% match but of course i'll try more improve&accurate

1 hour ago, ski2060 said:

Welllll... I wonder if that will cause issues with Enhanced Movement?  User Action 1 seems to be their custom keybind also. I'm guess it won't make you climb out of the cockpit at 5000 M is you hit it?

in my case i've set up user 20 for EM

pylon setting by f-16 with mirror didn't give mirror effect in dedicated server by me. Anybody has the same issue ?

Hi Firewill, sorry to be the bearer of bugs again,

I've noticed that I can't open the dialogue menu whilst in any of the F-16D's. Works fine for the other variants. Not sure if its a bug or not but I'd thought I'd let you know, just in case.

One more thing.

I chose gbu-12 x3 in editor with pylon editor but got only 2 gbu-12s

w8120y.jpg

Firewill, is there documentation showing what types of sensors  and the ranges you have set up for the plane and for all your weapons in AWS?

If that's something planned for after the updates I understand.  It would just be nice to see what sensors I need to be using for the various weapons.

How exactly do I operate the SMS-system?   Is that as "Next Weapon"?   Will you add a gun-pod, that was on the real plane to this?

Is there a way to add a Recce-pod to this using the UAV-camera function and beam the video down to a tablet for troops?  For BDA?

I was just going to ask, is the SMS system the same system you had in previously?  Thereis no new UI or anything right?
Just want to make sure I have things working correctly.

okay, QnA time

xhrn9.jpg

8 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

pylon setting by f-16 with mirror didn't give mirror effect in dedicated server by me. Anybody has the same issue ?

mirror is worked at least on your below photo(different GBU-12 x 2 on each wing). someday mirror option was gone in pylon settings.

8 hours ago, [VW]Wrath said:

Hi Firewill, sorry to be the bearer of bugs again,

I've noticed that I can't open the dialogue menu whilst in any of the F-16D's. Works fine for the other variants. Not sure if its a bug or not but I'd thought I'd let you know, just in case.

fixed, just i forgot F-16D is not F-16C.

One more thing.

I chose gbu-12 x3 in editor with pylon editor but got only 2 gbu-12s

w8120y.jpg

fixed

8 hours ago, ski2060 said:

Firewill, is there documentation showing what types of sensors  and the ranges you have set up for the plane and for all your weapons in AWS?

If that's something planned for after the updates I understand.  It would just be nice to see what sensors I need to be using for the various weapons.

will be update AWS Field Manual include Sensor Range for Weapon. Aircraft Sensor Range/Capability is will be include in readme file.

6 hours ago, ss9 said:

New cockpit is great!  and you can carry laser rockets!

Are you gonna adjust the zoom and aeleron control when stationary to adjust for the new features?

Also, would it be possible to run a 2 pack of laser rockets?  That would be siiiiick.  Maybe they don't do that irl.  Would be nice to be able to load JSOWS on the inner wing hardpoints so you could carry 4 and a central fuel tank.

Thanks for all the hard work!

- what zoom? TGP? its can be zoom/change view mode

- maybe x 3 version will be out.

- JSOW is also consider on inner pylon.

5 hours ago, john1 said:

How exactly do I operate the SMS-system?   Is that as "Next Weapon"?   Will you add a gun-pod, that was on the real plane to this?

Is there a way to add a Recce-pod to this using the UAV-camera function and beam the video down to a tablet for troops?  For BDA?

"SMS is display the current loadout on Left Display. each pylon magazine have own SMS Code/Texture, and place the texture each hardpoint location."-

-Read. previous. post.

-gun pod is wip

-its sounds like ROVER.

5 hours ago, ski2060 said:

I was just going to ask, is the SMS system the same system you had in previously?  Thereis no new UI or anything right?
Just want to make sure I have things working correctly.

answer is right above.

13 hours ago, ab_luca said:

No problem I will find a solution...I can't renounce both of this Great mods

13 hours ago, ski2060 said:

Welllll... I wonder if that will cause issues with Enhanced Movement?  User Action 1 seems to be their custom keybind also. I'm guess it won't make you climb out of the cockpit at 5000 M is you hit it?

EM has custom keybinds (within User Actions), so you can bind Jump/Vault to User Action 11 and Interaction to 12... easy as pie

@Firewill, so the F-16 radar has 30km range in armaverse? I wonder how far the F-14 will operate lol

Keep up the great work

Cheers

3 minutes ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

EM has custom keybinds (within User Actions), so you can bind Jump/Vault to User Action 11 and Interaction to 12... easy as pie

@Firewill, so the F-16 radar has 30km range in armaverse? I wonder how far the F-14 will operate lol

Keep up the great work

Cheers

yes for armaverse.. :-(

13 minutes ago, firewill said:

yes for armaverse.. :-(

Better than only 16 km lol

Will F-14 have 80 km of range (proportionally to your F-16) or 30 km is an engine hardcoded limit? Anyways, I´m gonna test this latest update... brb with some feedback!

Cheers

No, there's not much of a limit.  He posted up shots of his F14 firing an AIM 154 at something like 100 miles with radar at 300 KM or something crazy.

3 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

No, there's not much of a limit.  He posted up shots of his F14 firing an AIM 154 at something like 100 miles with radar at 300 KM or something crazy.

but need to fit for armaverse, so F-14 will use 100km size radar instead.

• Like 3

f-16 has been updated on first page

Common
- bug fixes
F-16D
- loadout dialog problem fixed

Firewill that screenshot was without mirror. I set all pylons manually otherwise was getting amraams to right wing instead of the setup which was on left wing.

3 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Firewill that screenshot was without mirror. I set all pylons manually otherwise was getting amraams to right wing instead of the setup which was on left wing.

like i said it was gone someday. and other "mirror" in magazine i mean

9 hours ago, firewill said:

but need to fit for armaverse, so F-14 will use 100km size radar instead.

I'm really curious  how much range the F-15 will have he he!

BTW love the F-16 with Jets DLC

Hi Firewill,

some feedback

1- GBU-12x3 looks fine now (Fixed)

2- In dedicated server I see 2 laser markers loaded by f-16c blk50

3- Sonic boom is happening when my speed is dropping from 1280 to 1200 but not when I increase it from 1000 to 1200 :/

4- The map screen has a gray area on lower left corner 

11jq8fp.jpg

Spoiler

11jq8fp.jpg

That'd be because you're flying out of the terrain...

Hi Firewill,

some feedback

1- GBU-12x3 looks fine now (Fixed)

2- In dedicated server I see 2 laser markers loaded by f-16c blk50

3- Sonic boom is happening when my speed is dropping from 1280 to 1200 but not when I increase it from 1000 to 1200 :/

1. yep, fixed

2. looks fine in my dedi test, but i'll check again

3. sonic boom sound is can't handling kind of speed because just have one soundset parameter. soundSetSonicBoom[] = {"Plane_Fighter_SonicBoom_SoundSet"}; about modify, tell that to Kanjiklub BIS

4. looks like you off the map hvymtal said because can see the grid on map.

3 hours ago, ss9 said:

New cockpit works really awesome.  Still don't understand why I can't carry all the same stuff on the inner hardpoints as outer.  16 SDBIIs and a centerline fuel tank would be insane.  Probably OP, but who cares.

Is there any way to make the SDB2s not lock vehicles outside a certain range, but be able to find them like the SFW bomblets?  That's closer to how they work irl.  LGBs also don't necessarily need a lock tone to still find the laser.  A bit annoying that I have to point right at the target to launch them if I want a hit.  Kinda defeats the purpose.

Oh, and the air weapons are "leaking" over into the 4 center hardpoints on the vanilla Wipeout, lol.

- reference, photo(not mock up, real operation photo), evidence first

- SDB2 can use with laser, IR, Active Radar and GPS

- after 1.70, laser guided weapon doesn't require the fully lock on. they rule, not me.

Hey Firewill, I´ve noticed 2 things with the F-16 1.72 update:

A-) ECM pods aren´t working - internal ecm as F-15 and F14´s are OK, but the ecm pods installed through service menu on th F-16C aren´t.... there´s no action menu entry to activate them, neither the user custom 2 button responds =(

B-) Enhanced Movement interaction module isn´t working (no matter which user custom key I bind, the enhanced interaction isn´t working as long as F-16 mod is activated =(

Despite these 2 things, all the rest is stellar work as usual! Keep it up, Firewill!

Cheers

1 hour ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Hey Firewill, I´ve noticed 2 things with the F-16 1.72 update:

A-) ECM pods aren´t working - internal ecm as F-15 and F14´s are OK, but the ecm pods installed through service menu on th F-16C aren´t.... there´s no action menu entry to activate them, neither the user custom 2 button responds =(

B-) Enhanced Movement interaction module isn´t working (no matter which user custom key I bind, the enhanced interaction isn´t working as long as F-16 mod is activated =(

Despite these 2 things, all the rest is stellar work as usual! Keep it up, Firewill!

Cheers

A) working fine for me even install with loadout dialog. because f-16 also have internal jammer so actually jammer pod is only need for activate the pod system instead internal jammer. 

B) also working fine for me. jump, climb anything about EM.

My EM is set to to the same custom control as Firewills afterburner key and it works perfectly for me, too.

22 hours ago, firewill said:

A) working fine for me even install with loadout dialog. because f-16 also have internal jammer so actually jammer pod is only need for activate the pod system instead internal jammer. 

B) also working fine for me. jump, climb anything about EM.

A) So there´s an internal ecm for F-16c (yeah, IRL they have, so no surprise, thou I didn´t know how to activate it, I´ll fiddle with it...)

B) Me too, but do you guys use "enhanced Interaction"? You assign a user custom key so you can enter faster in a vehicle, choose seat and even open doors and climb ladders with a single touch of a button (handy for escaping fast zombies)

As I´ve said, enhanced INTERACTION is disabled with the latest F-16C update, probably a conflict with user custom keys... funny thing, I´ve tried to asign it to other custom keys up to 20, but no joy, in the end, BIS core functions may have the blame, but I was just informing you (maybe other mods could have such conflict), I can live without it =)

Here´s a thing with ArmA3: you fix something here, breaks something(s) there =P

Keep it up, we´re all anxious for the enhancements on the rest of FIR jets (and hoping Jets DLC haven´t delayed much the futuristic project)

PS1: Damn... BIS updated something, now Enhanced Interaction is working OK... go figures, anyways...

PS2:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=929950078

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=929952568

I have this insignia bug for a long time (since 1.5 update I guess..can´t recall exactly... can´t change this/choose insignia, neither disable it) on F-16C (it is fine with D, and the rest of FIR jets) Any clue what could have caused it? It happens even with only F-16C and CBA only activated =( 

Cheers