Sign in to follow this  
jakeplissken

Want working weapon resting? use the AGM mod for Arma 3.

I am using the AGM mod for Arma 3 and I have found out that you can press TAB to rest your weapon when lying in a prone position. This makes sniping much easier. Even though you need to set the range by click stops on the scope and you need to know the amount of elevation for a specific range, this is a much better experience when playing Arma 3. There is extremely limited weapon sway when sniping at 1000m. This is a complex mod, but this does help with weapon sway dramatically. And makes the whole experience much more realistic.

So give this a try to reduce or eliminate weapons sway. What do you think?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178253-Authentic-Gameplay-Modification

Thanks for sharing with the community but there have been several standalone resting mods available for a while now

Yep if you want just the weapon resting try @VTS_Weaponresting

I will gladly agree to that, along with fastrope and mout animations among many others. I use vts, hasnt failed me yet

That it should still be a base feature of the game..

This.

But in all seriousness AGM is sweet.

Still hoping the devs will introduce this feature.

Ever play 'Red Orchestra 2'? --shooting from hard-cover is a pure joy.

Ever play 'Red Orchestra 2'? --shooting from hard-cover is a pure joy.

Achieved by magic fairy dust!

No.

Each and every scalable or resting-enabled object in RO2 has to be flagged individually for those actions during map making.

So you´ve got appr. 20 man hours per map to set and flesh out all those flags, to each window, trench, haystack and whatelse - Whereas BI is still joyfully sitting on their hands, not integrating a simple mod that the community has shown is possible to do in about what ... 1 week after A3´s first beta release?

I find vt weapon resting to be more adaptable then AGM version, I mean I can rest in places where AGM WP wont, I do like the AGM interface more though.

I mainly like vts because its standalone, although i havent tried it with the new sway/inertia

I just got A3 on x-mas and the first thing I did after installing was to google must have mods which I then DL'd cba, jsrs and agm. Well it didn't take long to realize that you are pretty much perpetually injured in this game and I couldn't figure out how to turn off the full screen blood spatter, so AGM was trashed and replaced by VTS, which works perfectly.

My server allows players to use both VTS weapon resting and the new AGM mod, among a shit load of other great mods.