champ-1

CH View Distance Script

Beg you pardon, the sript Error was indeed my fault -.-

Can't explain the thing with the wrong downloaded version. I allways use mirror #2 for download. I was just about to reply when I thought "Let's try mirror #1" and everything works fine. So... nevermind.

Last Error is still persistent since first release:

-Every time I start a game / join our server I have to change a setting so the script takes effect.

Beg you pardon, the sript Error was indeed my fault -.-

Can't explain the thing with the wrong downloaded version. I allways use mirror #2 for download. I was just about to reply when I thought "Let's try mirror #1" and everything works fine. So... nevermind.

Last Error is still persistent since first release:

Yeah, I'll fix it in the next update. I think I made it so intentionally, but can't remember why. :D

CH View Distance Script v1.0

Download

Description:

I guess this script in a decent shape, so I added mod compability and released addon version.

Notice: Using any previous version of this script simultaneously with CH View Distance Addon may cause errors.

Changelog:

v1.0

- fixed: settings not loading on mission start

- added: variable to disable addon when both script and addon are running

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account ( DudeGuyManBro ) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

CH View Distance Script v1.02

Download

Changelog:

v1.02

- fixed: obscured text with different interface sizes (thanks Law-Giver for suggestion)

- fixed: missing font error

- fixed: spelling mistake

- changed: default input focus is now set to slider instead of textbox to prevent accidental typing

We have also "connected" these pages to your account ( DudeGuyManBro ) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Is it possible to make UAV-turret view count as in air?

CH View Distance Script v1.03

Download

Changelog:

v1.03

- added: support of UAV and UGV units (as suggested by EasyEB)

Am I right in saying that no matter what values you set the slider to, if your video settings view distance isn't that high it won't take effect (objects anyway)

Am I right in saying that no matter what values you set the slider to, if your video settings view distance isn't that high it won't take effect (objects anyway)
That's right. You need to have view distance set to 12k in settings at all times.

Would be cool to have values maxVD, maxOD for infantry, vehicle and air. Very good that script overrides addon! Coop is addontime, on pvp missions the script is used to "disable" addon.

Would be cool to have values maxVD, maxOD for infantry, vehicle and air.
I don't see the point in that. If you don't want someone to see something, you don't want them to see it in any way.
Very good that script overrides addon! Coop is addontime, on pvp missions the script is used to "disable" addon.
I recently found out this is not the case. You need to rename all functions in the script version, otherwise only init file is overwriten by script.

Ok. Hmm will you "fix" this problem with mission override? We tested it and it worked?

CH View Distance Script v1.04

Download

Changelog:

v1.04

- fixed: object view distance not updating after checking "sync" checkbox

- fixed: boats not using proper view distance (now they use "in car" view distance)

Thx for the new version, looks very good.

Question: is it somehow possible to make auto view distance with FPS? Arma can read out the correct fps, so is it somehow possible to make steps? if under 40fps, go down 500m in VD / OVD. something like that?

Thx for the new version, looks very good.

Question: is it somehow possible to make auto view distance with FPS? Arma can read out the correct fps, so is it somehow possible to make steps? if under 40fps, go down 500m in VD / OVD. something like that?

Of course its possible.

CH View Distance Script v1.05

Download

CHVD.jpg

Changelog:

v1.05

- added: Russian localization

- changed: UI to fit any localized text in the future

Download