John87

Cosmos Engine 0.41

Woha that's fantastic!! You surely are the winner of MANW! If it comes to fruition then you have no competition :cool:

Homeworld series would look fantastic on this engine :cool:

Nikiforos, froggyluv, try to add in ce_run.bat: "-malloc=system"

ce_run.bat:

//----------------------------------------------------------

start celoader.exe

start arma3.exe -malloc=system -mod=@Cosmos

exit

//-----------------------------------------------------------

Tried it but still had the memory crash.

Dos this work with custom islands, ei can i fly from bornholm to altis?

I run 1.32 version.

I have the GTX 780 Asus 3 GB memory and also 8 GB ram .

Tried it but still had the memory crash.

Have either/both of you disabled your pagefile?

Have either/both of you disabled your pagefile?

Yes, a friend recommended to disable pagefiles because I run the game and win on same SSD.

People start mapping the earth, if we can get it to the point where you can visit lots of well known areas or interesting areas this mod will be incredible. This mod is looking great though the more places you add the more insane this mod could get. Modeling a space station and spacesuit with EVA would be amazing but these are only things this I would find amazing and I am sure you are already working hard on other features too.

Yes, a friend recommended to disable pagefiles because I run the game and win on same SSD.

Probably the problem is in it and need enable pagefiles. Seems 8Gb RAM is not enough to full disable pagefile for Win7.

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Dos this work with custom islands, ei can i fly from bornholm to altis?

You can flying from/to any island if it added in CE.

Current version has added 2 islands: Altis Stratis. There is ability to add any island but it takes some time. In future versions will be more default islands (Chernarus, Moon, ...) and ability to add custom islands (+instructions).

Edited by John87

Sorry need to update my Sig, im only running 8gigs ram on 500 gb ssd. I'll look into the pagefile voodoo after work.

Probably the problem is in it and need enable pagefiles. Seems 8Gb RAM is not enough to full disable pagefile for Win7.

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Current version work only with Altis Stratis. I can add any island but it takes some time. In future versions will be more default islands (Chernarus, ...) and ability to add custom islands (with instructions).

Sorry to say that but it didn't work for me guys. I enabled the paging file through win 7 and restarted the computer but around 30000 km I get the same memory crash.

I am searching solution for it. This problem happens not only in CosmosEngine:

https://www.google.by/?gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=badrVJGFGsqqywPNoYFI#q=arma+out+of+memory+fix

also can help something from it:

start arma3.exe -malloc=system -mod=@Cosmos -maxMem=5120 -maxVRAM=2047

start arma3.exe -malloc=tbb3malloc_bi -mod=@Cosmos

start arma3.exe -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -mod=@Cosmos

start arma3.exe -malloc=jemalloc_bi -mod=@Cosmos

start arma3.exe -malloc=tcmalloc_bi -mod=@Cosmos

start arma3.exe -malloc=nedmalloc_bi -mod=@Cosmos

Edited by John87

Current version work only with Altis Stratis. I can add any island but it takes some time. In future versions will be more default islands (Chernarus, ...) and ability to add custom islands (with instructions).

Darn..

@John87 - No luck so far, I tried everything but I still get the CTD everytime I pass 30000 km . Maybe it's not meant for me to reach space:)

@John87 - No luck so far, I tried everything but I still get the CTD everytime I pass 30000 km . Maybe it's not meant for me to reach space:)

Yep I've same problem. I've enabled page files for my SSD and also for other drives.

I've tried with fred's tbbmalloc. Need to test more with other mallocs and maybe even disable large pages from registry if that is causing something with this mod.

everytime I pass 30000 km .

it's intresting. Do you remeber it was 30000m exactly or may be 29730, 30450, 32596?

Edited by John87

If I remember correctly it was 31596 or above. Will check again later or tomorrow morning.

The end of the RPT:

0:20:24 Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B)
0:20:24 Virtual memory free 27 MB (28938240 B)
0:20:24 Physical memory free 1940 MB (2034692096 B)
0:20:24 Page file free 13964 MB (14642745344 B)
0:20:24 Process working set 3628 MB (3804880896 B)
0:20:24 Process page file used 3704 MB (3884199936 B)
0:20:24 Longest free VM region: 61440 B
0:20:24 VM busy 4283437056 B (reserved 251752448 B, committed 4031684608 B, mapped 91721728 B), free 11399168 B
0:20:24 Small mapped regions: 22, size 122880 B
ErrorMessage: Out of memory (requested 0 KB).
 footprint 2577833452 KB.
 pages 16384 KB.

-malloc=system -mod=@Cosmos -nosplash -maxMem=6096 -maxVRAM=2048 -enableHT -exThreads=7 -noPause

Probably the bug is happens in Arma when quickly moved above 30km. If it's true, this patch should fix the problem. If not then the patch also has a new campaign "Cosmos Engine Demo Space" with ability to start mission directly in space.

Probably the bug is happens in Arma when quickly moved above 30km. If it's true, this patch should fix the problem. If not then the patch also has a new campaign "Cosmos Engine Demo Space" with ability to start mission directly in space.

It got fixed!

Simply amazing, the potential is crazy. Congratulations my friend and keep up the good work. This is a masterpiece of imagination!

BTW it works fine now :)

Edit:

Is this something you know about?

http://i.imgur.com/F3gVD6w.jpg

Edited by Nikiforos

Simply amazing, the potential is crazy. Congratulations my friend and keep up the good work. This is a masterpiece of imagination!

Edit:

It happened also for me but when I flew away and waited for another day I could see other parts well also.

Edit:

No, I didn't see it any time when playing after release. Added as a bug, trying to reproduce and fix a little later. I know roughly why it can be and it's should be simple to fix.

Nice, keep up with the Awesome work.

Space: The final frontier

These are the voyages of the Starship, Enterprise

Its 5 year mission

To explore strange new ArmA III worlds

To seek out new life and new civilizations

To boldly go where no man has gone before

Nice, keep up with the Awesome work.

Space: The final frontier

These are the voyages of the Starship, Enterprise

Its 5 year mission

To explore strange new ArmA III worlds

To seek out new life and new civilizations

To boldly go where no man has gone before

Yes, there is alot of Sci-fi material out there like Robotech, Starwars... etc etc. HOPE some one make Starwars MOD like clone wars this could be so damn great!.

Yes, there is alot of Sci-fi material out there like Robotech, Starwars... etc etc. HOPE some one make Starwars MOD like clone wars this could be so damn great!.

I agree, plus there is Reign Of Jurassic Mod. Maybe just maybe, there might be an Godzilla mod. But that might be stretching it a bit.

This modification is unbelieveable. Is is actually possible to land on the moon ? I can see a reallistic space simulations and space-related wars coming to us!! :) Maybe even from me.. This inspires me to start to work on my 3D modeling skills more seriously.

Keep up excellent work and good luck with future updates.