John87

Cosmos Engine 0.41

The link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14518

It is a Operation Arrowhead (Arma 2) addon. It needs to spawn without the pilot (empty) because it looks for the Arma 2 pilot classnames. IF you spawn it as an empty playable vehicle and spawn your character pilot seperately in A3 you can enter it and fly it with no problems.

Kid loves it cause it flys like a bat outta hell, probably the fastest thing in any arma game.

in your new and fascinating enviroment we can have multiple maps , will ai be able to navigate for example when ordered to move from continent A to B ?

It will be able in my open world campaign exactly. main AI persons and vehicles will without cheats and will save their properties and coord after change map. CosmosEngine contain his properties in seperate RAM area than arma, these data are not lost when map changing and AI units can be reproduced by CE after new map loaded.

When map changing, unit arma coord translating to global space coords. And when new map loaded, global space coord translating back to new arma map coords (or continue processing in global space coords if the new map too far).

For Custom campaigns may be something like this:

1) If need save AI unit after change map, add script "[this] call initUnitCE;" to Init line of the unit

* can be simple added in Editor or by script command.

* so not necessarily know arma script for using it.

2) after map will changed, the unit(s) can

* if the unit in air, space, sea - be translated to new map with right coord

* if unit on land - be saved on last position but with freezed arma AI. When player will return to previous map unit AI will unblocked.

AI Unit (which was init "[this] call initUnitCE;") can be in

1) ArmaWorld

* if unit have (height <50km) and (distance from current loaded map < 1000km)

* means that unit fully controled by arma (physics, ai), like without CosmosEngine

2) CosmosWorld

* if unit have (height >50km) or (distance from current loaded map > 1000km)

* means that unit don't exist physically in usual arma world now. Control of his AI and physics take CosmosEngine.

* use CE commands(functions) instead arma script commands.

Example commands for moving unit in arma world:

domove[100,1000,15000]; flyinheight 15000; //default Arma script command - start flying to 15km over land

[100,1000,15000] call movetoLandCE; //the same action but CE command - start flying to 15km over land

Example commands for moving unit in cosmos world:

[100,1000,100000] call movetoLandCE; //start flying to 100km over land, coord center from current map

["Altis",100,1000,100000] call movetoLCE; //start flying to 100km over land, coord center from Altis

["Chernarus",100,1000,100000] call movetoLCE; //start flying to 100km over land, coord center from Chernarus

["Chernarus"] call movetoLLCE; //start flying from any current position to Chernarus map

["Moon"] call movetoPlanetCE; //start flying from any current position to the Moon

["MoonLand1",0,0,1000] call movetoLCE; //start flying from any current position to the Moon Land area

[200000,300000,1000000] call movetoCE; //start flying from any current position to place in Space, coord center from global Space coord

It's not all planned commands. Also could be getposCE, velocityCE, attackCE, [unit2, ship1] call dockingCE, ...

Edited by John87

BadLucky1776,

cosmosengine045_macrossplane_patch

Install:

unpack content of the archive to arma3 folder with replace files.

copy "OA Macross plane file - gst_vf1s.pbo" to "@Cosmos\addons".

copy "globemaster_c17.pbo" to "@Cosmos\addons".

Requirements in ce_readme.txt

Edited by John87

Yeah , I just feel that this mod should be getting way more attention , it deserves it.

Is there a way to hop in a AI controlled helo or plane, and get the pilot to fly to other maps? Or is this just strictly player pilots?

Ok. So can we all just agree we have found the one? The one and only, True Wizard of modders? I mean to pull this off... He's got to have some kind of digital wand and a spells of his own.

Was curious if there was a smaller version possible?

Wanted to try this out this weekend, but noticed it was nearly a full GB. I was hoping to just get the curve-of-the-earth and the suborbital feel with extreme jumps using my HALO Module and high-alt stealth drone "Vampyre".

I run a SSD in my gaming computer and space is a bit shy. Not a big deal. Was just hoping for a limited area, but get the views and efx of this fantastic mod. Looks amazing! Wow.

Is there a way to hop in a AI controlled helo or plane, and get the pilot to fly to other maps? Or is this just strictly player pilots?

Current version only for player pilot. AI pilot is planned and more details at the page 8.

Was curious if there was a smaller version possible?

Since next patch will be small variant too (only with earth and without music).

I dont mean to bump this or break any rules but is this project still going?

I dont mean to bump this or break any rules

Well it does. Please do not bump threads. If the author wants to keep us updated he will do just that.

Everytime I try to fly to Altis from Stratis the mission restarts when I get 5km above it. Is there a reason why this happens?

No news ? Any space shuttle udpate ?

Probably dead mod, no reason to bump this!

If this guy managed to do these *things in ArmA...NASA probably hired him.

I forgot about this mod..

now i ve remember..i m sad again seeing no sign of the creator :/

Awesome dude! Can\t believe this is in Arma ! 

Is it gonna be possible to like fly from Startis, and fly to like Chernarus, Altis, Utes or any other trerrain from ArmA ?

I am really sad this mod didn't win MANW

There could've been some upload problems so the judges didn't get it. Easily top-10 stuff.

Is this mod still working as of now? Are there any heating re-entry effects?