Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

M249 mg pack

I wonder why do they bother to make a 1.46 compatible version if the required version in the cpp is still 1.75? tounge.gif

092020028274137.jpg

Very nice addon (love how you can choose ROF!)...only a few nitpicks:

- The carrying handle seems blurry/out of focus

- The active belt feed (brilliant idea) is way too slow

Im looking forward to playing this smile.gif

Their first pack was good, but suffered from the muzzle flash bug and was no where as detailed as this pack.

Damn their website is slow!

Been a decidant Cable User, 16kbs is slow to me!

Ahh, good I now have it, time to test them.

I find that Taiwanese Workshop do very good work smile.gif

Some technical points:

[*] FN-MAG (M240) has a variable fire rate, not the Minimi (M249).

[*] The sounds are way off. The MAG has a very nice bass rich sound IRL. The Minimi has less bass and a more sharp sound.

[*] The dimensions of the Minimi are a bit off.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 20 2002,15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some technical points:

[*] The sounds are way off. The MAG has a very nice bass rich sound IRL. The Minimi has less bass and a more sharp sound.

[*] The dimensions of the Minimi are a bit off.<span id='postcolor'>

Can't you change the ROF on an M249 by changing the bolt, or am I thinking of something else?

The scope seems a little useless on a gun with that much recoil, but great addon.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Sep. 20 2002,17:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The scope seems a little useless on a gun with that much recoil, but great addon.

RED<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe you'd like to tell that to this gentleman, who is with the US SFG?

http://www4.aixgaming.com/opend/album08/c_sfa05

smile.gif

making the belt go fast is not posible look at the cobra gun on front it also goes way to slow

I like the addon but agree that the textures don't look great and the slow speed of the belt just makes it annoying just knowing it doesn't work correctly. But it is still the best one I've seen so they stay in my folder. Thx TWS.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 20 2002,15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some technical points:

[*] The dimensions of the Minimi are a bit off.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually originally the M249 did have a variable rate of fire that could be adjusted with the gas regular under the barrel.  However most current models have a fixed rate.  

But I agree with you about the sound.  I haven't fired the M240, but I've fired the M60 which is similar (same caliber) and it had a nice heavy sound.  I also used to be a SAW gunner and I agree, on the real thing the sound is sharp and crisp.  But oh well, I guess I can just De-pbo it and adjust it if it sucks too bad.

I wonder if they simulated how it jams every time it gets a little dirt in the feed mechanism.  smile.gif  

Anyhooo...I'm glad to see it in OFP.  It's a fun weapon to fire!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I still kinda like the SNS version...the plain grey looks better than the weird colours of the Taiwan Workshop version:

092020028361446.jpg

Thanks all the comments form you.

Actually they are in beta version, for I spent too many time to debug the problem of showing shadows for those babies.

And I tried hardly to make the belt move faster, but I failed.

I will try my best to make it more better.

If someone know how to make the belt move faster, please let me know or give me some hint.

Thanks.

:-)

I love it. But like you guys have been saying the textures arent that great. I love the active bullet chain but it does fire too slow.

Other than that, great addon! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Sep. 21 2002,05:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a good pic for the colour of the M249 (even though it's Airsoft)

http://www.airsoft.nl/downloads/m249-1024.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

How the HECK can it be airsoftgun with a 5.56mm belt in it?!

... or is it 5.56mm plastic "airsoftgun" bullets....!? confused.gif

Joink

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How the HECK can it be airsoftgun with a 5.56mm belt in it?!<span id='postcolor'>

People add all sorts of cosmetic type enhancements (inert rounds, all manner of silencers, sights etc) to airsoft guns, some of them look pretty realistic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BlackDeath-CFH @ Sep. 21 2002,12:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont know if its a problem, but you can zoom really far with the scope on the mg O_O, practically snipe with it.<span id='postcolor'>

I would say that i should be a optical or a red dot sight. No reason having a normal scope.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Sep. 21 2002,16:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BlackDeath-CFH @ Sep. 21 2002,12:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont know if its a problem, but you can zoom really far with the scope on the mg O_O, practically snipe with it.<span id='postcolor'>

I would say that i should be a optical or a red dot sight. No reason having a normal scope.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree.   The sites mounted on SAW's and FNMags (M240) are usually not very high power scopes (4x at the most).

However any scopes mounted on light or medium machine guns is rare since they are not designed for pin point accuracy but rather fire suppression and just putting alot of rounds into an area where there are enemy forces.  It's difficult to do that with a scope since the weapon is shaking around so much.  It's usually alot easier to use a combination of iron sites and tracer rounds.  But then again I've never fired a SAW with a scope (only a regular SAW) so I don't know for sure.  But I do agree, that the red dot scope site should be used definitely!!!

At any rate, another BIG problem with this addon is that the bloody SAWs are HUGE.  In real life, the SAW is not a big weapon.  It's certainly much smaller then the M240 but in this addon it looks much bulkier, kinda like a oversized toy version of the real thing.  sad.gif

But oh well....  overall it's still a good addon.  The sites are close to the real thing, and while most M249's in use now don't have adjustable fire, (only early models had that) it's still kinda cool and the rate of fire, like the real thing is, is murderous and very effective.  Sound could use some improving, but oh well.    I just mainly hope that they get the size right in their next version of it...and also quit screwing with those damn silly colors.  The whole thing is black...yet they keep trying to make the reciever section green or red (in this case it's reddish colored).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>