dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

You guys probably don't want to hear this, but it's a shame this mod isn't a bit modular.

I'd love to play with the amazing models you made, but some of the gameplay features turn me off...

How about adding options to enable/disable some of them (just like the toggable AFM)?

Agreed.

We can try to make sounds modular, we will implement module disabling our medicine but removal of zoom was voted by each single one member of the team as not realistic and we won't have it in our mod.

That places people with less then average screen diagonals into more vulnerable position but it's not a 2008-2010 when having screen around 23-24" was rare.

Spotting and target assignment by people in charge and with optics changes gameplay. We tested and proved this theory at Weekly Open Games which are quite big - around 100v100 in ArmA 2.

Edited by Leet

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

You should have the US marine uniform top tucked in, because atm, when wearing the vest etc it looks quite weird as they should have them tucked in when in combat

You should have the US marine uniform top tucked in, because atm, when wearing the vest etc it looks quite weird as they should have them tucked in when in combat

That will take a while to update them, guy which made this models is very busy at work now. Use FROG with SPC it's more up to date standard 8)

Tickets like that will help to make models more "real life" create it when will get new BT.

Edited by Leet

That will take a while to update them, guy which made this models is very busy at work now. Use FROG with SPC it's more up to date standard 8)

Tickets like that will help to make models more "real life" create it when will get new BT.

What's FROG and SPC?

...but removal of zoom was voted by each single one member of the team as not realistic and we won't have it in our mod.

That places people with less then average screen diagonals into more vulnerable position but it's not a 2008-2010 when having screen around 23-24" was rare.

Spotting and target assignment by people in charge and with optics changes gameplay. We tested and proved this theory at Weekly Open Games which are quite big - around 100v100 in ArmA 2.

To be honest, I like the zoom. I use to use a mod back in ArmA 2 where zoom was preset. So when you look through a holo it would be pre-set and no manual increasing of zoom. I was really crushed to not see it brought over to arma 3, but now I do with this mod. So....yay! :D

What's FROG and SPC?

Type of uniform and vest.

We have marines in MCCUU + MTV and FROG + SPC.

To be honest I like the MCCUU how it looks now, hope you keep it :)

Just a quick headsup: The Mk18 Mod 0 is still causing CTD when selected on VAS or Virtual Arsenal, and the M249 optics are bugged (when you aim, it gets inside the weapon)... and couldn´t find VTN ammoboxes on MCC =/

I seriously hope you guys implement ASDG JR support, so we can use your beautifully modelled optics on other weapons and other greatly modelled accessories on VTN guns =)

Anxious for piloting yours helicopters and jets!

Cheers!

Ammo/equipment boxes are at the bottom of "empty" list.

Edited by Leet

Hello.In my game such glitch:When player gets a damage that of after some time him shoots out as though the soul but naked (an original can), then returns and a player dies without every treatment.What files are responsible for medicine, what to disconnect you will not correct while.Say please.

(ЗдравÑтвуйте.У Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð² игре такой глюк:Когда игрок получает повреждение то ÑпуÑÑ‚Ñ Ð½ÐµÐºÐ¾Ñ‚Ð¾Ñ€Ð¾Ðµ Ð²Ñ€ÐµÐ¼Ñ Ð¸Ð· него вылазит как бы душа но голаÑ(может оригинал),потом возвращаетÑÑ Ð¸ игрок умирает без вÑÑкого лечениÑ.Какие файлы отвечают за медицину,что бы отключить пока Ð’Ñ‹ не иÑправите.Скажите пожалуйÑта.)

New bug-tracker is up.

http://bt.wogames.info/projects/vtn

---------- Post added at 11:17 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

Thx for not respecting years of our work and posting such links in our thread. DAK - modeller who owns gun models and DAP who is our programmer now try to do everything to make it impossible to return zoom in VTN instead of looking for bugs.

Very disappointed with russian part of the community - ripped our island in A2, ok use it but don't yell about it, quite the same here.

Edited by Leet

Hey Leet,

I like the non-zoom feature.

I'm at work at the moment and can't check it out myself, but got a question here:

Does this affect all weapons - not just the VTN ones? That'd be great.

If yes, yould it be possible to do a stand-alone addon that disables the zoom on every weapon?

I'd understand if this is not favourable for you.

Hey Leet,

I like the non-zoom feature.

I'm at work at the moment and can't check it out myself, but got a question here:

Does this affect all weapons - not just the VTN ones? That'd be great.

If yes, yould it be possible to do a stand-alone addon that disables the zoom on every weapon?

I'd understand if this is not favourable for you.

On our weapons "no zoom" is built-in but it is also disabled on everything else what is used with VTN through files.

You want us to make an addon which disables zoom without VTN?

Edited by Leet

We can try to make sounds modular, we will implement module disabling our medicine

Nice! Couldn't ask for more - thanks guys for considering this! ;)

On our weapons "no zoom" is built-in but it is also disabled on everything else what is used with VTN through files.

Not sure if I understood correctly but, on my end I'm unable to zoom with VTN weapons while I was able to do so with non-VTN weapons.

I don't know if it's the intended behaviour but it is fine by me as it allows mission makers to make use of VTN assets and still leaves the possibility to use other weapons.

On a personnal note : I totally understand what you want to achieve by disabling the zoom feature; but on my old computer I have to lower the rendering resolution if I want a good framerate, wich makes things a bit blurry.

Simply put, I feel like a myopic soldier without the zoom feature. I was you, I wouldn't spend too much time trying to disable it at all cost and would leave the choice to mission makers. Of course this is just my opinion, but please don't forget that some game mechanics are very much needed in some situations! ;)

Really nice mod VTN guys. Thanks.

And to the zoom question, you guys should allow the TECAK patch to be available here. I love the zoom future in arma games and so a lot of other people! And i just tested and now i will have your mod on full time with TECAK patch!

Thanks TECAK.

You want us to make an addon which disables zoom without VTN?

I don't want you to do so but I'd be nice if you did so :)

I don't want you to do so but I'd be nice if you did so :)

I'll +1 that as well. Everyone has their own preferences, but for me and it seems like others out there like LAxemann as well, to have an addon that would also disables for non-vtn weps would be great to have!

Hello Leet i download the new version of VTN and i really liked the content,the new terrain and medical system but one thing that i really though it's weird it's how dirty are the ACOG scopes,i was playing in the terrain that comes with the mod and it was like 18:35 and i couldn't see the enemy trough the scope it's very bad the scope looks like it's was been in the dirty during many months it's a little bit dificult to aim at larger distantes with a scope so dirty,is it a a feature too ? if is it's also could be modular trough the way the CSE guys do it their mod was great and i think that would be cool if make something similar .

Thanks for the great work and effort .

We also have our own sound mod with proper echoing, disposable launchers, custom tracers, advanced healing/injuring system. With armor we will add FCS, advanced armor penetration. We want to make working ERA. Same applys to planes and helicopters.

Edited by Leet

Hello, i tried the first release and despite all the crashes it seemed very promising but the zoom turn off feature was a huge no go for me, i realize that this is the way that you want it to be but still i hoped that with the patch there might be an optional pbo to bring it back, but apparently there is not, except an unofficial one that you are very much against, too bad...

I just played the new version of this mod and I absolutely loved it, it's amazing to see the AI carrying away wounded during a fire fight and I love how user-friendly the medical system is.

10/10 I don't even mind the no-zoom.

Ammo/equipment boxes are at the bottom of "empty" list.

Ohhh I see, and guess that´s why it doesn´t show up on MCC 3D Editor: it isn´t config´d in the empty>ammo category so MCC can´t list it =(

You guys should investigate a MCC compactibility, it is a very popular and useful tool!

Anything regards the Mk18mod0 CTD???

cheers!