TedHo

[SP] In Our Time (Campaign) v1.05

OK, back with a solution!

First, the put-pbo-in-campaigns-folder method is not working in this case. Or it may conflict with a Steam subscription. Either way, there is a method which works:

Subscribe to the campaign within Steam and use the launcher. The campaign will be listed under "Mods" which is weird, but that is what it takes. In-game, the campaign is then accessible under Main Menu-Play-Campaigns.

In case you're a shortcut guy and is clueless about the launcher (which I was until about 20 mins ago) go into Steam, select Library, rightclick on Arma 3 and select Open Launcher. First time, it installs a few things and then you are good to go.

-OP

I apologize to all those who had trouble getting the campaign version to load. This is due to a packing error on my part making Arma ignore the .pbo content. I will ask the armaholic admin to upload a fixed version soon.

Meanwhile you can download the fixed version here:

Download link for fixed version (1.0.6.1)

-OP

Thanks Old_Painless, for providing a solution and confirming that the addon version works. Releasing a campaign as an addon may seem weird but it was the only way to publish them on steam at the time.

---------- Post added at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:31 ----------

Just copying my Steam comment:

Short, but excellent!

Athmospheric Mini-Campaign, with very detailed plot, characters and felling.

Cutscenes included, conversations included and a lot of action.

For those of you who remember Operation Flashpoint: do you know the "After Montignac" mission? The last mission of this campaign is an outstanding successor of that "lone wolf escaping a bunch of enemies in hostile surrounding" with definately no chance to blow them all away.

I was hitting the "reload" button a few times before I managed to make some progress.

So the campaign really meets what ArmA Series stands for!

Thank you for that and keep up your work!

Thank you Clausewitz for your GREAT comment. I am glad that you enjoyed it. The last mission was my favorite too and was a ton of fun developing.

hey ted, how is your sequel going? do you already know how many missions there will be?

Hi Wiki, I'm glad you asked. There would be 5 missions + 1 hub + 1 skirmish mission in the sequal. I've finished the hub and missions 1-3, just started working on the mission 4.

Finishing missions 4 and 5 would still take about a month. Voice acting would probably take another. It is relatively easy to tell a story but I've had some difficulty creating interesting combat scenarios so I've been going back and forth on mission designs. But I'll keep working on it until I am confident enough to publish it.

Thanks!

First, the put-pbo-in-campaigns-folder method is not working in this case. Or it may conflict with a Steam subscription. Either way, there is a method which works:

Subscribe to the campaign within Steam and use the launcher. The campaign will be listed under "Mods" which is weird, but that is what it takes. In-game, the campaign is then accessible under Main Menu-Play-Campaigns.

In case you're a shortcut guy and is clueless about the launcher (which I was until about 20 mins ago) go into Steam, select Library, rightclick on Arma 3 and select Open Launcher. First time, it installs a few things and then you are good to go.

-OP

I didn't understand you exactly, do you mean we must subscribe addons by launcher? which will open web browser instead of steam browser?

I didn't understand you exactly, do you mean we must subscribe addons by launcher? which will open web browser instead of steam browser?

The launcher has nothing to do with how you subscribe. You can subscribe in the Steam application on your PC or by using a browser (http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410) - a browser will require you to log in.

Once you have subscribed to something, if you then use the launcher it will know and make sure to start Arma in such a way that your subscribed content is available

It is relatively easy to tell a story but I've had some difficulty creating interesting combat scenarios

I agree ;)

Finished the campaign. Boy, it was a good ride! Nice voice acting and roles! Some of the decisions made by characters remained questionable, but whatever, it's gotten more tense approaching the end.

Despite small issues with A3 AI not advancing faster waypoint to waypoint and other unfixable [by mission makers] issues, I'd recommend this for everyone. ;)

Hi Inlesco,

Glad you like the campaign! And yes the voice ators did a fantastic job.

Some of the decisions made by characters remained questionable

Please feel free to tell me about pieces of plots you found odd. There are plenty of plots I wanted to change but never had time to. I'll watch out for them in the future though.

Thanks.

The campaign is now working for me as well.

I haven't gotten very far yet, but from what little I have seen so far it is very interesting. There's some really excellent voice-acting in there.

Will try to give a bit more thorough feedback when I have finished the campaign.

EDIT: By the way, I loved the scout squad leader doing katas outside the main camp right at the beginning. How'd you get him to do that?

Edited by Borse

Hi Ted.

Just a quick question:

I'd like to have the same intro as you did (with the "An ArmA 3 campaign"... "Campaign Title").

Can you help me with it?

The campaign is now working for me as well.

There's some really excellent voice-acting in there.

scout squad leader doing katas outside the main camp right at the beginning. How'd you get him to do that?

Oh yes, the voice actors did a fantastic job. And for the katas anmiation:

unit switchMove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_exerciseKata";

Hi Ted.

I'd like to have the same intro as you did (with the "An ArmA 3 campaign"... "Campaign Title").

Here it is!

intro_cmpTitle = {
showChat FALSE;

_x = 0; _y = 0.3; _duration = 5; _fadeInTime = 2;
["bis_fnc_dynamicText"] spawn BIS_fnc_blackOut;

_introText = format["%1","<t font='PuristaBold' align='center' valign='center' size='1'>AN ARMA 3 CAMPAIGN</t>"];
[_introText,_x,_y,_duration,_fadeInTime,0,100] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;
sleep (_duration+2*_fadeInTime);

_introText = format["%1","<t font='PuristaBold' align='center' valign='center' size='2'>IN OUR TIME</t>"];
[_introText,_x,_y,_duration,_fadeInTime,0,100] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;
sleep (_duration+2*_fadeInTime);

["bis_fnc_dynamicText"] spawn BIS_fnc_blackIn;
sleep 2;
};

Thanks ted, works perfectly!

Edited by Wiki

It's been said before but i'll say it again. One of the best user made campaigns available right now for ArmA III. I only just got around to playing it this week and my only regret is that I didn't play it sooner. Looking forward to Bell Tolls :)

One quick bug to note,

In the mission "Altis Airways" after I got in the helicopter, it marked all of my objectives as complete but the helo just flew around the house forever and did not either go back to base or end the mission and I had to do the endmission cheat to end the mission because I had clearly completed the mission but some of the scripting was a bit off.

One quick bug to note,

In the mission "Altis Airways" after I got in the helicopter, it marked all of my objectives as complete but the helo just flew around the house forever and did not either go back to base or end the mission and I had to do the endmission cheat to end the mission because I had clearly completed the mission but some of the scripting was a bit off.

Oh yes I've encountered that a few times myself. Helicopters tend to ignore waypoints when they see enemies, it's really frustrating. I've been using unitCapture/unitPlay from that point onwards. I doubt I'll have time to implement a fix but thanks for the report anyways.

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

thanks a lot but if that's a sequel to "in our times" campaign why you just created it separately? and if not so you won't continue "in our times" story?

thanks

Bell Tolls is the sequel and the story is connected. Well, sort of. All stories are loosely connected and follow the same timeline. I didn't want to dwell on a single set of characters/gameplay style because it just gets boring after a while... Anyway, try out Bell Tolls and you'll see.

Wonderful work man. This is professional stuff. Good job and keep them coming! Oh, there's a sequel?! Yay! going ot play it... Thanks ted hou!

Oh yes I've encountered that a few times myself. Helicopters tend to ignore waypoints when they see enemies, it's really frustrating. I've been using unitCapture/unitPlay from that point onwards. I doubt I'll have time to implement a fix but thanks for the report anyways.

You could fix it by using this command for the helicopter if it is Spawned with a name/ Placed in editor

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/allowFleeing

You could fix it by using this command for the helicopter if it is Spawned with a name/ Placed in editor

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/allowFleeing

Thanks KBBW123, that's really helpful!

---------- Post added at 03:29 ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 ----------

Wonderful work man. This is professional stuff. Good job and keep them coming! Oh, there's a sequel?! Yay! going ot play it... Thanks ted hou!

Thanks! Enjoy!

Just in case the allowFleeing thingy doesn't work, have you tried to set the crew to "Careless"?

Just in case the allowFleeing thingy doesn't work, have you tried to set the crew to "Careless"?

Thanks, I'll try that as well next chance I've got.

Congrats for your finalist nomination in Make Arma Not War Contest!

Congrats for your finalist nomination in Make Arma Not War Contest!

Seconded! You totally deserve it man, awesome job on this campaign.