m1lkm8n

JBAD Release Thread

Hi guys

Smokedog and myself(M1lkm8n) figured it's about time we release something. So we are releasing an very early work of all the buildings we have been working on for our Jalalabad terrain. Currently this pack includes over 100+ models all converted and upgraded to A3 standards such as breaking glass, animated door handles and a3 penetration. This release includes the newly opened takistan firestation.

Older videos:

The Villa:

Here is a view of most of the objects in the VR map.

LCa6Oatl.jpg

Full Size image:

http://i.imgur.com/LCa6Oat.jpg

Most of the current objects are placeable via the editor right now to see how people like it. All the buildings and misc stuff and a few trees. As we said earlier this is still a very big wip so if theres any errors please report them so we can weed those out as we go. Also feedback positive or negative is welcome to help up during the development.

*This does not currently include the terrain yet. That is still under heavy construction. Current release is just for terrain objects.

This link will provide the download for all the required jbad pbos

Current Build v.0.8.4.821225

Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByTodPfP536FdU8tU2ZidGF1OEk?resourcekey=0-mqy3sPwrhi_X0w2l0d8MOA&usp=sharing

Steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=520618345

• Like 5

Glorious.

Thanks for all of your hard work, all signs point to this being a very popular terrain when released!

Awesome guys, the firestation upgrade looks great! Can't wait for the full terrain!

Looks nice :)

Is this Jallabad only or Takistan too^^

so is it possible to use this instead the original textures given by game? Sorry, my English isnt real good, hope you understand it :p

It's NOT a map guys.... they're releaseing game assets, Models of buildings, rocks vegetation etc. just Improvements on the originals, so Terrain Makers can substitute these models for the Bis Vanilla ones and we get V2.0 Arma3 versions of their maps....

OR you can simply drop them in the editor..

SJ

Well done M1lkm8n on all the hard work you put in, these are objects only and can be used for terrains makers to fill their islands also can be placed using zeus if need be in missions

Thanks for informing us of the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (M1lkm8n) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, you are fixing ArmA 2 buildings so they have more places to explore/hide/shoot, more openable doors and enterable buildings? Is there a possibility, that these buildings will be integrated inside All in ArmA Terrain Pack so all of these A2 maps will be more enjoyable?

Thanks

Awesome !

These doors deserve some sounds :)

That's on the agenda. Hopefully by the next release.

Question: Can we put all this buildings in the takistan somehow? like change the existing ones and puth this? Or mybe the guy who ported over A3MP could do this ? :) That would be so cool

Thanks foxhound and kecharles28 for the support!

Guys there's a error with the misc_garbage they slipped past us without changing some textures it calls. Thanks James2464 for reporting that. It'll be fixed in the next update.

Question: Can we put all this buildings in the takistan somehow? like change the existing ones and puth this? Or mybe the guy who ported over A3MP could do this ? :) That would be so cool
You could certainly place these buildings in a scenario set in Takistan, but if you mean "upgrading" buildings that were already in Takistan... that'd be up to the people behind All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) but they're cool and good at what they do and I expect that they could make it happen. :)

We've been busying adding new buildings in and upgrading them. Here's a look at one completed and one in the works. The guard building should take about another day or two to completely finish off. Then there is only two more buildings to complete and that will be every building from OA upgraded to a3.