spirit6

Mission Template Stand Alone GAIA - Make missions FAST by using MCC GAIA engine

Hey @spirit6,

Having seen snkman make TCL for Arma3, I decided to fire up GAIA version HETMAN mission that I'd downloaded a while ago.  Every single time GAIA wasted HETMAN.  I'm sure I've asked this in the past, but is there an addon version that will pick up all AI (either at the start or throughout a mission) ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7f4c0ixvxualcg2/MCC GAIA V1.0 Release.pdf?dl=0

https://github.com/shaygman/MCC_sandbox_modDev/blob/master/gaia/functions/control/fn_issueOrders.sqf

checkout  issue orders command and delete every line of "

and

(count(_x getVariable ["GAIA_zone_intend",[]])>1)

"

GAIA now starts issueing all units and not just ones that have been "given".

Fantastic. Will try it out right now mate. 

I love GAIA! 

• Haha 1

I loaded up the template mission but at first I am confused... What is the most minimal way to get an ambient warzone going with MCC loaded and just using Eden editor? I think I need:

a) 2 Zones with GAIA controlled units

b) Turn Ambient warzone on (I know the global variables here).

So my problem is a) - How can this be done with Eden? I guess I have to add 2 markers to the map, but how assign them to MCC?

Thx for any input. Thing is, I love to quickly create Editor missions by just dropping Editor compositions on it.

EDIT: OK, solved it with help of page 7 of this thread.

- Added BLU/OPF groups and put code to the group, like: this setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["1", "MOVE"], false];

- Added Markers 1 and 2 for usage as 2 Zones.

- Turnes Warzone on: MCC_GAIA_AC = true; publicvariable "MCC_GAIA_AC";

On 4/7/2015 at 10:31 AM, spirit6 said:

I was thinking of simple passing an array of zone's to the unit. so ["[1,2,3]", "MOVE] would lead to the unit patrolling zone 1, 2 and 3 in agressive mode.

Would that hold your interest?

Spirit, any news on this, maybe you have a secret GAIA build with this already builtin? 

GAIA is awesome for me. For my use case (create mission quick and dirty) ALive turned out to be too complex.

Question about variable scope. I am in a pure SP ecosystem. Can I just use normal global variable assignments (var = 5)? Ie I do not need setvariable/publicvariable, correct? 

Maybe this helps a bit for setting up GAIA missions in Eden - the VERY quick and dirty way.

1. Create player. Create circular/rectangular markers, named 1, 2, 3, ...

2. Add "Game Logic"'s with the below init code, as many, as you want. It spawns a defined number of groups in an area marker.

This example creates 5 random/mixed EAST side groups in zone 2 and moves them to zone 1. I.e., "2" is the spawn place, "1" is their target zone. It's not safe from spawning divers etc. I guess.

https://pastebin.com/c3fzHL5v

3. Set up another game logic for the GAIA settings. This one configures caching and enables ambient battlefield.

https://pastebin.com/Tk7XP2sM

Fire up mission.

Is there a way of stopping GAIA controlling a group that it has previously been given control of?

I'm looking at making the group enter a helicopter.  S

Hey Spirit, for FPS reasons, I created a script that permanently tunes GAIAs global caching distance variable depending on measured FPS. But GAIA is not robust against decreasing the caching distance in mission - some scripts hate to lose their objects, some forearch loops generate errors. Is there something you can do? 😁 Thx

From my understanding and testing (albeit with an older version) Gaia caches based upon the player’s distance from a cached unit; when a player gets within a specified distance the units spawn.

Is there a way to change the system so that units will spawn if any enemy, player controlled or not, travels within the cache distance..?