Sign in to follow this  
saul

F/A-18X Black Wasp WIP Thread

Just wondering, will you guys do something like this to the Black Wasp? (1 weapon pod under each wing)

163474043-Advanced-Super-Hornet-Media-Brief_page21_image252.png/

EDIT: Lol nvm... those are fuel pods, but I still think it would be a good idea to put weapon pods under the wings.

Front Page Updated -

Features Update:

- Upgraded model based on the Boeing F/A-18E Advanced Super Hornet

- New first person cockpit

- Improved flight model

- New animations for many items to include landing gear and canopy

- Upgraded Service Menu including Low and High profile configurations

- 150+ possible configurations including the new EWP and GBU-39D Small Diameter Bomb

- New Bomb, the GBU-39D Small Diameter Bomb or SDB

- Master Modes for Navigation, Air to Air, Air to Ground and Dogfighting (WIP)

- Upgraded EGI (Embedded GPS/ INS) system for GPS guided ordinance

Future Plans:

- Service Menu Paint Scheme upgrades using Arma 3 VAS

- Ordinance Menu upgrades using Arma 3 VAS

- Independant missile box and upgrades to increase authenticity of weapon systems

- Upgraded HUD

- Modular semi- stealth capability

New Images as well

Really cool features and screens ( any info on the carrier? )

BTW, are you gonna include HARM missiles? Now that other mods will include radars, would be cool to have some ( to make a proper interaction you could create a module to "designate" certain vehicle as radar ).

That's an SDB modelled to perfection if I ever saw one :p Question, are the wings of the SDB animated aswell? Like a deployment animation? Would be really cool. Keep it up guys. So pumped for this one :D!!

Saul,

Really amazing job keep up the great work. If i may ask when might be expected release date? Our unit would love to give this a run.

Thanks

Another question, will there be a version that doesn't use the darkish paint? I kinda find a one tone sleek version sexier. Pretty much like the same color as the pic posted above by randomslap.

@eVCySkul378488Ve = We are planning a beta release somewhere around the end of the competition so stay tuned.

@DarkSide = Yes we are planning one other skin for the F18x which will be a more generic U.S. Navy Skin but it will not be available till after the competition.

1.Will you be making a e2 hawkeye?

2.Will you be making custom pilot helmets and uniforms?

3.Will you be making a Towing tractor?

4.How in depth will the carrier be in terms in cargo area(hanger) ,engine room ,Combat Directions Center(CDC) ,Cabins and helm?

5.Can someone please make a full scale navy uniform?

6.Also I want to learn 3D modeling can someone give me some tips and guide to do so?

Thank you.

@Jones:

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. as less as possible, main focus is fully functional flight deck

5. Not by Saul or me

6. I'll leave this one for Saul to answer, he can hint you where to start better than me

6.Also I want to learn 3D modeling can someone give me some tips and guide to do so?

Thank you.

I recently started fooling around in Cinema 4D (C4D). Its pretty expensive software... [MOD EDIT]  There are also tons of tutorials to be found on the internet. You should maybe start by checkint out some of those.

Cant wait to see what you guys can do with an aircraft carrier seeing what you can do with planes.