Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Yup, there is a bug in the 148 when setting frequencies. It is fixed in dev right now.

I am getting massive, extreme errors in the server console with some missions saying

101744 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (ACRE_PRC343_ID_505)

I tried searching through the thread but nobody posted about this, they just keep scrolling and scrolling infinitely while the mission is running. We started creating our loadouts with Arsenal and have tried putting the radios in backpacks and vests, but the 343 keeps creating this error and it's making us unable to diagnose other problems. Please advise

EDIT: I search a bit more and it seems like we have to change our script to say this addItem instead of this linkItem. Arsenal makes it linkItem by default, i don't know if it'll work but we're going to try that.

EDIT: We fixed it. Just use this addItem "ACRE_PRC343" and remove any _ID_XX from the radio.

Edited by GDent

Yup, there is a bug in the 148 when setting frequencies. It is fixed in dev right now.

Ah good, I look forward to the update then.

Semi related question / feature request is there a command like "acre_api_fnc_setDefaultChannels" which can be executed on a specific radio to reload the default channels from a preset? It would be immensely useful as I cannot see any other (non hacky) way to reprogram radios once they exist in game.

First of all let me say that i like your work and the detail you are giving the radios.

I want to add two bugs I noticed:

First of all it seems that clutter blocks/reduces the volume of a speaking person. I noticed that on the map Sangin where I knelt in a wheat field and couldn't hear the erected person 3 meters away from me. As soon as I stood up I could hear him loud and clear.

Second, it seems that ACRE doesn't support Zeus properly. When you hijack another unit your speaking and hearing position doesn't get transferred to the hijack unit but resides at your stating unit. Further you can't access the radios of the hijacked unit.

I'm eagerly waiting for the Omnibus update. :D

Edited by brainslush

First of all let me say that i like your work and the detail you are giving the radios.

I want to add two bugs I noticed:

First of all it seems that clutter blocks/reduces the volume of a speaking person. I noticed that on the map Sangin where I knelt in a wheat field and couldn't hear the erected person 3 meters away from me. As soon as I stood up I could hear him loud and clear.

Second, it seems that ACRE doesn't support Zeus properly. When you hijack another unit your speaking and hearing position doesn't get transferred to the hijack unit but resides at your stating unit. Further you can't access the radios of the hijacked unit.

I'm eagerly waiting for the Omnibus update. :D

Zeus integration is coming slowly - however, the Zeus will now have a "master ACRE" interface for listening in on all radios. RE the positional updates, we'll look into it - it has historically worked off the zeus's camera so we'll look into it.

Direct occlusion on maps as they come out with more vegetation is definitely on our radar; we've seen this destroy gameplay on Schwemlitz. We are working on a workaround.

Not only that, but the attachment system is in the master code branch of last night. Work on UI integration will start soon, but yea, all sorts of fun goodies coming.

Both the 152 and 117 radio programming interfaces have been mostly completed, and we are just filling in small details now like test modes and lighting options. Confirmed by multiple recent radio operators as authentic and "This thing has features I didn't even know how to use when I was in charge of it".

Nouber, sorry for bringing up the volume thing again but I just had a thought; if the problem is caused by the TS downmixing why is the radio volume loud but the direct voice volume soft?

Also, as an intermediate fix for the volume issue is it possible to have a user configurable volume preset for radio volume in the options so we don't blow out our eardrums every time we pick up a new radio? :)

Or better yet; a user configurable playback volume for direct voice.

Are you still getting the volume issue? Most people reporting the volume issue said radios were also very quiet.

Nouber, i have to say yes... i tried to play with acre2 the other day.. Usually, to combat the low volume issue i just turn the master volume of TS WAY up...

I noticed that NOTHING would work... I turned TS volume to MAX and nothing changed .. ts was the same volume.. as soon as i exited the mission.. everyone was loud as fuck and breakin my ear drums...

In arma 2 i would just turn the vol up and down as i entered and left missions. this doesn't work now. Its as if the volume is Locked, and you cant do anything about it..

I have to turn the game volume way down. below %25. to be able to hear anyone when using acre2.

I have to report the low volume bug is still present for me as well.

By using the loudness equalization the problem is fixed, yet it's TERRIBLY annoying to have to alt-tab everytime, or explaining how to fix this to other people.

Last time one member of my community couldn't fix this because he doesn't even have the option in the windows mixer settings.

Hello, first of all, just want to thank you for your fantastic work in ArmA 2. Serious game-changer, went so many MILES to add a ton of immersion. Extremely excited for the new features you have outlined here to bring to ACRE2 (Such as different languages, agghhh, such a great idea!).

Secondly, I'm having major difficulties getting it to run on a dedicated server for my small crew (hosting games makes my ArmA client run at entirely unplayable framerates). For some reason, ACRE, which refuses to work on the dedicated server, runs completely fine on a normally locally hosted game. I get an "ACRE Connected" notification upon the session starting in the ArmA client, the TS3 client shows that ACRE is running, and properly connected. However, nobody can hear each other shouting out loud, and the radio PTT key straight-up does not work at all. No beep, no "Transmitting" icon, nothing. I am using the TADST application to configure the server for me, as it worked generally well enough for me with ArmA 2. Can anybody please shine some light on what might be causing my problems? Yes, I have already checked to make sure I'm holding a radio. Thanks in advance!

Have you checked the first page of the thread? There's a small quote that says "possible fix for dedicated servers." This is what fixed it for me; I think I was having a very similar issue.

Are you still getting the volume issue? Most people reporting the volume issue said radios were also very quiet.

See, this I have been wondering about for some time. For me, the radio volume is perfect but only direct voice is really quiet. Our members have been setting the game volume really low so we can hear people talk in direct but as result the radios become extremely loud until their volume is dialed down in their ingame diegetic interface.

We also run into problems when exiting the game as one would expect.

One of our members had a quiet radio that was fixed with the patch but direct voice volume remains very low in the last few days of testing. If normalized to the radio volume I would guess that the volume of direct voice is perhaps 12db quieter with someone standing right next to me ingame speaking.

Nouber, sorry for bringing up the volume thing again but I just had a thought; if the problem is caused by the TS downmixing why is the radio volume loud but the direct voice volume soft?

MrTwentyThree solved his issue; he was loading both A2 and A3 CBA.

Also, as an intermediate fix for the volume issue is it possible to have a user configurable volume preset for radio volume in the options so we don't blow out our eardrums every time we pick up a new radio? :)

Or better yet; a user configurable playback volume for direct voice.

We are positive TS3 is doing something different with downmixing strictly because JVON (Which I wrote) does not have the volume issue evident in test subjects which very definitely DO have it in TS3. I do nothing special for downmixing in JVON; I strictly provide the channels to ACRE and let it do its thing - and it just works. TS3 is very definitely doing something differently, causing this issue. We are back to the drawing board determining what that might be; considering Nou boosted volume by up to 75% depending on surround sound setup and that still did not fix the issue, that means TS3 is still reducing volume after the fact.

We are positive TS3 is doing something different with downmixing strictly because JVON (Which I wrote) does not have the volume issue evident in test subjects which very definitely DO have it in TS3. I do nothing special for downmixing in JVON; I strictly provide the channels to ACRE and let it do its thing - and it just works. TS3 is very definitely doing something differently, causing this issue. We are back to the drawing board determining what that might be; considering Nou boosted volume by up to 75% depending on surround sound setup and that still did not fix the issue, that means TS3 is still reducing volume after the fact.

I do recall there being mention that ACRE2 is meant to bypass TS3's volume settings and default to system volume. I wonder if TS3's volume boost settings are somehow being tied to the radio only? That would account for why only radios are loud for me. Will do some testing later to ascertain whether this is the case.

But just to confirm, I should be hearing people speak at the same volume in point blank proximity voice and also radio if everything is running normal right?

But just to confirm, I should be hearing people speak at the same volume in point blank proximity voice and also radio if everything is running normal right?

That's not a good test, a better test is you should hear people the same volume point blank (like face to face) with the plugin off and the plugin on, actually technically they should be slightly louder with the plugin on because we actually amplify the voice cone instead of subtract from outside the cone.

Just a wild card for the sound issue. Has anyone having this issue checked the windows setting "Control Panel>Hardware And Sound>Sound>Communications"? This turns down audio sounds when windows detects a "Call" has been activated. I did not test this but, I have had voice/sound related issues that are very similar, caused by this. I imagine that ACRE could somehow activate this.

That's not a good test, a better test is you should hear people the same volume point blank (like face to face) with the plugin off and the plugin on, actually technically they should be slightly louder with the plugin on because we actually amplify the voice cone instead of subtract from outside the cone.

So if I understand you correctly the volume should be (at least) equal to the proximity voice feature native to ArmA 3 at point blank?

Alrighty, will test that and see if I can glean anything new!

@NouberNou can you help these guys with this: https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/1529#issuecomment-68158725

I use this Probably wrong but one of the team can correct it maybe :)

ran on client init

acre_enabled = isClass(configFile/"CfgPatches"/"acre_main");

ran when unconsious

if (acre_enabled) then 
{
	_ret = [true] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;
};

ran when revived

if (acre_enabled) then 
{
	_ret = [false] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;
};

in the onPlayerRespawn.sqf

if !(isNil "acre_enabled") then 
{
	if (acre_enabled) then 
	{
		_ret = [false] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;
	};
};

Hope that helps

ALSO does anyone have a working AI can hear players using ACRE script that they can share ?

I've asked before but nobody had a working shareable one then, maybe now they do ?

Edited by BL1P