Sign in to follow this  
1para{god-father}

Building now showing on MAP

Merry christmas to you too Sushi87.

I'm not sure I understand your request correctly but the P:\A3 folder is 11 gigabytes so I don't think anyone is in the position to upload that for you.

Maybe we can figure out what's going wrong. Just a few questions:

Are all your Mikero Tools up to date?

If you want to make sure the easy way, grab MikeroUpdate if you don't have it already.

What settings do you use for pboProject when you try to crunch your addon?

And last one, is Windows UAC active?

yes is something big, maybe someone has a good line :-)

All things are currently, and Windows UAC is also good.

pboProject is as always: Full Build, check all file references, MP, Noisy and Strip.

Have extracted once by someone objects as addon, they are shown to me. And the trees, stones of a3 folder.

hope you understand my english a little :-(

Please don't feel bad. Your english is good enough but there's always the chance of me not understanding what I read :)

By Windows UAC is good, do you mean that's activated? You may want to try deactivating it to see if that helps, if it does nothing you're free to turn it back on. I assume you've already tried to run pboProject as Administrator but deactivating UAC does more than run as Admin so it may be worth a try.

The pboProject settings seem fine, when you go to Settings in pboProject, what is the Engine option set to? It should be Arma 3. And while you're there, have you set up the paths in the section that says 'Used only when building islands'?

That's about all I can think of right now.

All settings trying to no success unfortunately.

I think that there is a problem with the p3d files. The files where created in the month about 8 or 9 (Folder View -> Change date) this function. For files that were processed per month 10 or 11, do not work (Bad Version 60 in p3d file)

a3 \ roads_f \ runway \ runwaylights \ naviglight_3_f.p3d: housesimulated, config class missing
a3 \ roads_f \ runway \ runwaylights \ naviglight_3_f.p3d: housesimulated, config class missing
Bad version 60 in p3d file 'a3 \ structures_f \ ind \ airport \ airport_center_f.p3d'
Bad version 60 in p3d file 'a3 \ structures_f \ ind \ airport \ airport_bench.p3d'
Bad version 60 in p3d file 'a3 \ structures_f \ ind \ airport \ airport_right_f.p3d'
Bad version 60 in p3d file 'a3 \ structures_f \ ind \ airport \ airport_left_f.p3d'
bracer \ bra_skyscraper1 \ sky16a_floor1.p3d: house, config class missing
bracer \ bra_skyscraper1 \ sky16a_floor1.p3d: house, config class missing

I'll see what happens when I put those p3d's on my map, will report back shortly :)

- edit

It just keeps getting better and better. The buildings don't show on the 2d map in-game for me -.-

They are there on the terrain though so it seems that I have some problems of my own now.

I don't know if I have the sample buildings mentioned in this thread but I didn't intend on using the Arma 3 buildings on my map so I'll be alright either way.

I checked the logs and I have the same error as you. I'm pretty sure it worked for me at some point, something I'll have to look into over the weekend. Anyway, ze log:

Bad version 60 in p3d file 'a3\structures_f\ind\airport\airport_left_f.p3d'
Unknown attribute shadow
Unknown attribute shadow
Unknown attribute shadow
Unknown attribute shadow
Bad version 60 in p3d file 'a3\structures_f\ind\airport\airport_bench.p3d'
Bad version 60 in p3d file 'a3\structures_f\ind\airport\airport_center_f.p3d'
Bad version 60 in p3d file 'a3\structures_f\ind\airport\airport_right_f.p3d'
Unknown attribute shadow
Unknown attribute shadow
Unknown attribute shadow
Unknown attribute shadow
Unknown attribute shadow
Unknown attribute shadow
Unknown attribute shadow
Unknown attribute shadow
Class Land_airport_right_f exists, but there is no property class in a3\structures_f\ind\airport\airport_right_f.p3d
Class Land_airport_center_f exists, but there is no property class in a3\structures_f\ind\airport\airport_center_f.p3d
Class Land_airport_left_f exists, but there is no property class in a3\structures_f\ind\airport\airport_left_f.p3d

So I'm afraid I'm as stumped as you are atm.

Edited by BadLuckBurt

in terrain builder - bulldozer everything is ok. this is crazy, I have no more pleasurable. the map is build on, but where is the error. Makes no fun that way.

Thank you for your trouble

You're welcome. I'm sure in time we'll figure it out or someone else will explain what we're doing wrong so don't give up :)

I'm sorry, hope you have a backup? well then we wait for Mikero. Thanks again.

>Bad version 60 in p3d file 'a3\structures_f\training\steel_plate_l_f.p3d'

this is a new type, updated from '59' which i am currently unaware of (it's not on beta)

*however* the message above is coming from bis binarise, not me, so it too has not been updated to account for it.

anything required by the wrp for this type such as icons, and animations (land_xx) will not be usable on your islands until bis binarise has been updated accordingly. The chance of that happening are in fact quite low because bis have no experience in using pre-binarised models. they don't have to, since they have the mlod source.

if someone can make available for me one of these type 60 p3d's, i'

ll take a look at it.

Thanks Mikero. I put one of the models on Dropbox for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftbz1u1ttl1i4yx/Airport_Bench.zip?dl=0

When I googled for the Bad version 60, the P3D File Format page on the BIKI popped up https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/P3D_File_Format_-_ODOLV4x

That does have a description for 60 having to do with the PhysX lod.

- edit

I see you mentioned 'beta', is that the MANW version you activate on Steam? That may be a temporary work-around for people.

Edited by BadLuckBurt

oh DUH!

v60 has been around for some time now. the dll is fully aware of it. (it's a change to the phsyx lod). In Eliteness such p3d's are listed as arma3v4 (i will fix the dll to say v60 on next release)

SO. the issue is bis binarise which says it can't read them. The result of being unable to do so would be anyone's guess. Chief among them, i would think, is an inability to create map icons for them.

it's a bit difficult for me (for some reason) to follow the flow of conversation in this thread. the bottom line is, if v60 p3d's (and v60 p3d's only) don't show icons, this is unlikely to change since bis themselves have ignored the issue. DeanosBeano (to whom, all honour and glory) found a solution, which bis ignored, but pboProject adopted. What i can't do is help further with binarised p3d's that bi themselves can't read.

Edited by Mikero

Thank you for explaining Mikero, I understand you can't do anything about this.

It would be nice if they gave at least gave a heads up on these 'updates'. I'll just learn to make my own models and avoid A3 ones all together.

So..how to visualize buildings on map ingame?

Mi pboprject works fine, but i cant see the buildings on the map.

Hi Everyone, I very rarely ask for help as I much prefer to research the answers myself, but Ive drawn a blank here, also I'm a bit of a noob at this. Using "pboproject" to pack my terrain into a "@" folder i get the error below.

I followed the excellent tutorial "The Atlas V1" to this point with no errors.

In the dos window all i get is this....

File error: a3\structures_f\households\house_big01\i_house_big_01_v1_f.p3d

a3\structures_f\households\house_big01\i_house_big_01_v1_f.p3d is faulty or missing

preproccessing files produced an error

I dont expect everyone to help me with a solution, but if someone could point me in the direction where I can read about a fix I would appreciate it.

Many thanks

Yip

Are there any new information about the 60 problem? Objects are not displayed or anyone idea?

Are there any new information about the 60 problem? Objects are not displayed or anyone idea?

I'm waiting for new information, objects is still not displayed on map

can you upload the a3 folder?

is the new p3d version 60 problem. Make nothing a new a3 folder ;)

For what it's worth, packing with the new versions of Mikero's tools didn't fix the map building issue for me (not sure if it was supposed to, mind you, but I thought I'd report my experience anyway).

Using the new version of DeP3D to convert the type 60 objects that cannot be read by our current version of Bis binarise Back into type 58's will allow buildings to show up on the map properly.

Thanks Twelvecaliber that sorted that one! :cool:

Start > Run > dep3d -58 p:/a3

Edited by VIPeR2511

Using the new version of DeP3D to convert the type 60 objects that cannot be read by our current version of Bis binarise Back into type 58's will allow buildings to show up on the map properly.

Sweeeet! Been waiting a little while on this one. Thank you!

Update: Are there any known or expected knock-on effects for having type 58s instead of type 60s?

If not, then I guess I'm going to be a guinea pig...

Update 2: I haven't seen any unexpected bad effects of using 58s so far.

However, changing out the 60s fixed a couple of issues I was seeing - lights not activating on first load into to mission or editor, and crashes when closing Arma 3 (rather than a regular shut down) with the terrain extension activated.

Edited by Major_Desync

Is it just me or is this not working anymore with the latest patch?