Sign in to follow this  
1para{god-father}

Building now showing on MAP

Is it just me or is this not working anymore with the latest patch?

Both type 60 and Type 58 buildings still appear on the in-game and editor map for me post 1.40.

Both type 60 and Type 58 buildings still appear on the in-game and editor map for me post 1.40.

Thanks for the reply! Now I have confirmation that I did something wrong as my binlog is flooded with "Bad version 60 in p3d file" messages. :D

---------- Post added at 07:49 ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 ----------

Okay update for the people who run into this issue again (and, like me, do not read the output of the dep3d.exe closely enough):

There are some files in your map_altis/data, map_altis/data/water and map_stratis/data folder which are type 64 p3d. At the moment the dep3d will stop when encountering these files and therefore not change the type of any other p3d in later folders. Therefore, the structures are not converted because the exe does not "reach" these files.

As a workaround you can just cut out the horizont.p3d and obloha.p3d in the respective data folders for Altis and Stratis and all the p3ds in the water subfolder in the Altis data folder. After that rerun the conversion process and everything should be fine. ;)

Do not forget to paste the files back in after!

Type 64 is of course a new wrinkle that bis have added AFTER the final release of the free tools. The subscriber version of dep3d.exe (actually, the dll) takes care of them too.

Be that as it may, your post is 100% correct in all respects.

---

there are several aspects to this problem. All of them are known, collectively as 'no icons' in the map. This was first discovered by Sheletov in the skype forums and it's been downhill ever since.

It has nothing to do with 'seeing' the building(s) in game, or, placing them in the editor. There are, 'no icons' IN the map. If you don't know the difference between IN vs ON, stop reading.

Underneath 'no icons' is a family of pigs. You cannot animate any of the structures. No ladders and no doors essentially (and no rtm's for destruction effects). The careless will think their maps are wonderful and work. They don't.

The cause is that bis binarise cannot read back the very same binary files it produces (don't ask me why).

DeP3d degrades your p3d's back to something bis binarise can read. There is no penalty for doing this. These p3d's aren't used in the game itself.

Separate issue but related: bis binarise assumes that all the binarised p3d's used on the map are already in temp. Why? Because the bis devs have previously built them there from their (not our) mlod source.

PboProject first checks to see if it's a bis p3d that needs copying, or an oem p3d that needs packing, In the first case it silently copies over the existing binary p3d that you didn't know you had to have. In the latter case it stops crunching and tells you to get your house in order.

One final comment: if you dont' read the binarise log that pboProject provides for you, you are your own worst enemy.

Edited by Mikero

im getting the 68 version not the 60 and when i use the dep3d.bat file i get this error

61218107283c65b6141748c17a466770.png

im getting the 68 version not the 60 and when i use the dep3d.bat file i get this error

61218107283c65b6141748c17a466770.png

Me too.