Sign in to follow this  
jptiger

update 163.

hey.

if i activate my codes on steam, what will happen to the functionality of my current installation of arma 2, could i still use it like i do now?

Edited by jptiger
changed arma 3 to arma 2

.... Arma 2 OA does not affect ArmA 3

If you used the Steam option to switch youre retail CD-key to steam for a Steam Key i guess youre retail version is renderd useless because you "don't have" the CD-key anymore (guess they disable the game that belongs to the key

so you will have to reinstal it on steam

eh sure, but i would like a reply about the current version from a BIS-DEV

Or to rephrase the question

I have Operation Arrowhead on DVD. To get patch 1.63, I am forced to get a Steam account.

OK that's fine I will do so.

Am I then forced to download A2 and OA from Steam?

Lets NOT rephrase the question into another question!!!!

will my ORIGINAL ArmaII installation work without issues if i activate my Codes Via Steam!!!!,

can a BIS-DEV verify this

eggbeast, I was following your FAQ, but it has some info missing, and I am ashamed to say, after two days of struggling, I still can't get Arma 2 CO to work with mods (not that this is your fault, it's BIS's fault, of course)

anyway, a few issues I ran across:

1) when using command line parameters, ACR Lite disappears

2) when trying to run ArmA2OA_BE.exe, it doesn't accept command line parameters

3) when running ArmA2OA.exe and trying to play in multiplayer, the game closes, throws an error and launches itself again with BE running (I assume it launches ArmA2OA_BE.exe, which renders the command line useless)

my question to anyone who has explicit knowledge of how Arma's Steam version works:

how do I run OA with BattleEye, ACR Lite AND community made mods/addons?

well first of all ACR lite is a mod an not a DLC..

second if you wish to run CO with mods its best to use a program like play with six as that properly launches it with the mods. the other way is to open steam right click on Operation arrowhead click on startup line and fill in -mod=@<mod name here>

this should force the game to run the mod when you start it up over steam.

but like i said the best way is to use a launcher. we never had problems with those

second if you wish to run CO with mods its best to use a program like play with six as that properly launches it with the mods. the other way is to open steam right click on Operation arrowhead click on startup line and fill in -mod=@<mod name here>

I hope you'll agree that when you release a new update for your game, you don't expect people to download third-party tools just to be able to use some of the features of your game.

anyway, the -mod=@<mod name here> doesn't work, because I can't join multiplayer games that way. I must be the unluckiest person in the world to have these issues all at once

When launched in Steam you have the option of with or without BE. I get a pop-up panel giving me a choice.

Also gives an option to launch with ACR, if it's been installed. You can see if it's installed by right-clicking OA in Library and selecting View Downloadable Content.

When I went over to Steam CO from BIS download CO, I ended up moving my mods from the custom folder I was using under Pw6 to the Library-->Documents-->My Documents--> Arma2 folder in order for them to appear in the Expansions menu. They all list and I haven't had any problem launching them from there. I had to point Pw6 to go there instead.

But I think they show up from other folders too, because I recall at one point, trying to straighten things out, I had mods showing from two folders and I just chose to use the A2 folder since there was nothing there I regularly went to.

the FAQ i linked you to - see section 9 - this explains how to run mods using the

-par = d:\@modfiles\tak.txt

and in this case, tak.txt is a text file with my command line mods in it, including links to A2 and ACR

e.g.

FOR ACR DLC OWNERS

-mod=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2;expansion;D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ACR;@CBA_CO;@BAFX;@Rangemaster;@RUG_DSAI

FOR ACR LITE USERS

-mod=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2;expansion;@CBA_CO;@BAFX;@Rangemaster;@RUG_DSAI

obviously modify the links to your steam library version of arma2 and ACR

I did feed this back to BIS staff at tech support. i don't think they can fix it. if you use -mod= in your steam line it breaks the arma 2 and ACR content inclusion

Hi, does anyone know, is there any chance that the BIS release downloadable version of patch 1.63 ?

the FAQ i linked you to - see section 9 - this explains how to run mods using the

-par = d:\@modfiles\tak.txt

and in this case, tak.txt is a text file with my command line mods in it, including links to A2 and ACR

e.g.

FOR ACR DLC OWNERS

-mod=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2;expansion;D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ACR;@CBA_CO;@BAFX;@Rangemaster;@RUG_DSAI

FOR ACR LITE USERS

-mod=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2;expansion;@CBA_CO;@BAFX;@Rangemaster;@RUG_DSAI

obviously modify the links to your steam library version of arma2 and ACR

I did feed this back to BIS staff at tech support. i don't think they can fix it. if you use -mod= in your steam line it breaks the arma 2 and ACR content inclusion

Tried this and it worked, sorta. Although I still had to enable the mods in the Expansion tab as well.

But for some reason the game suddenly feels like 200% sluggish. Loading times are longer and when I killed someone, he froze in a place for 5 seconds before playing the death animation. Didn't happen before with the normal -mod= variant. :/

Just got a Steam update for ArmAII on the 14th of Feb 2018 not had one for a year or more whats it all about anyone know???