Sign in to follow this  
Deform

Cant host MP game (v.1.22.125300)

Hey.

I just installed the latest version of the game 1.22.

I cant host coop games anymore. Earlier I hosted coops and they automatically were hosted through GameSpy, now that GameSpy is gone. My friend cant find my game at all. We tryed with multiple different missions, settings. With direct IP joining and all kind of different filters but doesnt work.

My friend tryed host aswell without succes. Anyone have any idea whats the problem?

Just out of curiosity, have you tried the "join game" functionality via the Steam friends list?

It says "Server is not responding"

My friends and I are also having the same issue. We have all tried hosting using different port numbers (2302-2304) and have tried searching connecting through the ingame browser, remote IP and the join game option through Steam. None seem to work.

Have the Same Problem.... I have installed the Update on my Server too and can find him but it takes very long .. and after conection i get a kick because Battle eye does not respond!

Now i hope someone can help us please :/

Greeting

Me and my friends had the same issue to.

1. Its works fine in the previous stable branch

2. previous build hosted servers only detectable if filtered under gamespy

3. Since latest build remove gamespy, we cannot see each others hosted game anymore. (using the "new" button)

4. 3 friend try to host all fail

5. If there is other ways to fix this, can some one please guide me step by step or even better by video on how to mitigate this issue. I am total noob so dont ask me to go the dedicated server route of solving this issue.

Best Regards

Thank You

same here. this essentially killed arma for me. we managed to join each other very rarely after literally over an hour of trying only then to crash 5 minutes into the game. since i play with friends almost exclusively, this is it for me at the moment...

things we tried:

- direct join via steam

- invite to direct join via steam

- direct IP join

- filter for server name in ingame server browser

- filter for server name in steam server browser

in short: nothing works

Okay well atleast its not my computer then.. Lets pray for fast hotfix :butbut:

Why remove GameSpy when it was working so well!?!?

At least should have made sure Steam crap was working first.

And I can not go on any server :(

Connection Error

See all servers, but can not connect.

Prior to update working fine without error

I know others posted similar but still had to post because I'm a little upset. After the last patch today now friends cannot see my room listed nor can I see theirs. They used to have to switch to gamespy but now no options at all. cannot even connect with remote or under steam servers. does anyone have any idea if they are going to fix this or are they trying to make everyone buy server time? which if that is the case, i'm done with this game and will never buy another tittle and so are my friends and a lot of others. im tired of games doing this. taking away the option to directly or indirectly connect to play with only one or two others.:mad: Oh and what does it take to be able to post a new thread on here?

Why remove GameSpy when it was working so well!?!?

At least should have made sure Steam crap was working first.

Its not Bohemias desicion. Gamspy is shutting down their servers :( Hundreds of games are affected by that.

Its not Bohemias desicion. Gamspy is shutting down their servers :( Hundreds of games are affected by that.

Ah, didn't catch that. That's a pitty.

Perhaps getting Steam to work should have been a higher priority then because my friends, myself and others cannot play MP now.

I have deactivate the Battle eye on my server and than i could join.

But Spy Glass detected me as cheater.. so i have done some at the fn_initSpy.sqf and than it works but only at me...

my friends see the server but cant join because connection fail after 10sec.

I have check all my ports and configurations but i had no idear!

http://www.altisliferpg.com/topic/3202-arma3-update-122-spyglass-update-required/

The link where i found the help to get the server running to a half :/

Having this issue too... ports are open, etc. Last two patches have effectively made MP broken for all my friends... playing vanilla, etc. Any update on this fix? Two patches ago everything was perfectly fine... I'm sure it has to do with the Gamespy transition, etc., but this is effecting so many people it's got to be something fixable, no?

My friends and I love playing Arma together and it really annoys me that we can no longer play together! I forwarded every port out there and it still doesn't work! Maybe next patch? :confused:

Bp, it would help if you named exactly which ports you've forwarded. I just myself finally sorted out my router and was able to host for the first time since the update.

Same issue too.

Edited by macchky

No Idea about this :( Is there going to be a fix. Was so easy to just click host to play the game with friends. :confused:

Yeah, same... I've tried all the possible fixes, reinstalled, etc., etc. We literally cannot play MP anymore.