laxemann

LAxemann's "Climb" - Enables basic climbing in ArmA 3

after launching the game on v1.52 it says 'Script L_climb\scripting\main.sqf not found'

+1 here... had to revert to 1.51 (which I hadn´t any probs with userconfig, thou I didn´t erase the old L_climb config =P) or else I couldn´t climb or drop from anywhere with 1.52!

cheers!

Ahhhhhhwwww!

I know what the problem is. ._.

I'll fix it as soon as i get back from work.

My folder structure is "L_Climb -> L_Climb -> Scripts"

I accidentally packed the "main" projekt folder. *facepalm*

Sorry guys. 1.51 will work as long as you've kept your userconfig.

Fix incoming, though! :)

Loaded 1.52 and the mod is showing as active, but nothing in configuration of addons for this mod. No option to change key binding.

Loaded 1.52 and the mod is showing as active, but nothing in configuration of addons for this mod. No option to change key binding.
Ahhhhhhwwww!

I know what the problem is. ._.

I'll fix it as soon as i get back from work.

My folder structure is "L_Climb -> L_Climb -> Scripts"

I accidentally packed the "main" projekt folder. *facepalm*

Sorry guys. 1.51 will work as long as you've kept your userconfig.

Fix incoming, though! :)

There is really nothing more to say really, please guys read the last posts from author.

Alright, FINALLY everything's working! :D

Download (1.53)

Changelog

• Correctly binarized

Thank you for the updates, Laxemann. This fills a huge hole in the basic infantry abilities repertoire.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just a heads up the Key for servers, seams to be out of sync with the current version, or at least its kicking my from our key locked server with the key supplied.

Just a heads up the Key for servers, seams to be out of sync with the current version, or at least its kicking my from our key locked server with the key supplied.

That's weird!

Does this one work for you?

Definitely gonna try this out, thanks for your hard work.

Ill give it a try, and let you know asap.

Loaded 1.53 and the mod is showing as active, but nothing in configuration of addons for this mod. No option to change key binding. I tried with just this one mod active and configure addons was not available. I uninstalled 1.52, and completely installed 1.53 from Play with Six, and still not seeing anything, will download from Armaholic and see what this does. Downloaded again from ArmaHolic and still not able to set configuration for this mod. Looks very cool, would like to be able to use it.

Edited by gwolb

Loaded 1.53 and the mod is showing as active, but nothing in configuration of addons for this mod. No option to change key binding. I tried with just this one mod active and configure addons was not available. I uninstalled 1.52, and completely installed 1.53 from Play with Six, and still not seeing anything, will download from Armaholic and see what this does. Downloaded again from ArmaHolic and still not able to set configuration for this mod. Looks very cool, would like to be able to use it.

Did you run CBA along with it?

It's stated in the requirements.

yes, and the other mods that I use that have key bindings show up fine in the configure screen, very strange. Did some testing with this, and just ran CBA, and L_Climb and it worked fine, but if I loaded other mods, it does not load.

UPDATE: I loading in another mod (enhanced movement) and then L_Climb showed up fine, and then took out (enhanced movement) and L_Climb was still working fine and showing up in the config/controls/addons screen.

Edited by gwolb

Have the latest version from Armaholics 30/03/15, & latest CBA, but the climb is just not working for me, with nothing showing in the Configure addons.

Did have this working last year just wish I could get it going again. Tried just running CBA, and L_Climb and nothing showing at all, weird cant think what might be blocking it.

==================================

Found what was wrong Arma3 sync was loading an older version from different HD, deleted that & now working!:yay: had to run once to get the "Configure addons" to show.

All good to go, Thanks for the mod LAxwmann nice one.

Edited by jgaz-uk

Glad the problems of both of you are fixed now! :)

Hey LAxemann, i know this is probably done and a "Climbing mod", but any chance of adding the bunny hop to this mod to allow jumping while running? With AGM and others closing shop, looking for a simple MOD that does all the movements only and i love you work. Thanks in advance for considering.

Hey LAxemann, i know this is probably done and a "Climbing mod", but any chance of adding the bunny hop to this mod to allow jumping while running? With AGM and others closing shop, looking for a simple MOD that does all the movements only and i love you work. Thanks in advance for considering.

Hey mate,

sorry, but I'm absolutely against such a feature. There simply is now way a soldier with regular loadout could jump over an obstacle of medium height.

That's why I did climb, to make overcoming such things more realistic and reasonable.

Jump_mf does the trick... I think you can still find it on armaholic! Can´t play Arma3 without it (and tao_map, L_climb, L_Suppress, TPW HUD, switch weapon while moving, mag repack, remove sway, mcc, NSS/AC and enhanced movement)

btw, here you go _> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19992

cheers!

This mod is the shit!

Are sounds for climbing feasible? You know, immersion :p

Edited by Andehess

This mod is the shit!

Are sounds for climbing feasible? You know, immersion :p

Believe it or not, but as a sound designer and musican... I never thought about that, haha! Shit :D

Sure thing, just gotta find the time :)

Your point makes sense.

Thanks Lib for the other mod suggestion.

Believe it or not, but as a sound designer and musican... I never thought about that, haha! Shit :D

Sure thing, just gotta find the time :)

Thanks man! Good luck with all your modding endeavours :3