Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

Make a normal car to autonomous

Is it possible to convert a normal car (an offroad or a truck) into autonomous? I mean, the player can connect to it with a UAV Terminal and can control it as an UGV. Oh and with script, no addon!

In previous Armas we made radiotriggers and a normal truck and player can start and stop the truck with radio-trigger. I can do it now, but in arma3 we have the UAV terminal and it could be fun if player can control the truck as an UGV.

I'd like to know this aswell.

So far I spawned a UAV AI and put it in the driver seat of a Hunter, but the vehicle didn't show up on the UAV terminal, neither did the connectterminaltoUAV command do anything.

_grp = creategroup side player; _uavcrew = "B_UAV_AI" createUnit [getposATL player,_grp, "this moveindriver car"];

If you spawn the UAV AI into the players group you can command it like a regular soldier, very spooky.

From the looks there's probably something simple I'm missing to make the vehicle accessible through the UAV terminal, maybe someone else has any hints?

20gip8z.jpg

Edited by Grumpy Old Man

Try moving "B_UAV_AI" unit into driver seat. I doubt it will work, but you can try it.

---------- Post added at 08:12 ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 ----------

Nah, this doesn't work. You need to edit config of that vehicle and add:

isUav = 1;

Is it possible to set isUav by script?

Is it possible to set isUav by script?
Nope. You can only read configs.

Holy crap, it's working!!! Thank you guys the guideline!!!

Actually I needed an UGV convoy. So I put an UGV and two empty trucks and create B_UAV_AIs to driver of trucks. And join these B_UAV_AI to the UGV. So the player can control the original UGV from UAV Terminal and unmanned trucks follow it like an autonomous convoy. It's great and working. Thanks for everything!

Holy crap, it's working!!! Thank you guys the guideline!!!

Actually I needed an UGV convoy. So I put an UGV and two empty trucks and create B_UAV_AIs to driver of trucks. And join these B_UAV_AI to the UGV. So the player can control the original UGV from UAV Terminal and unmanned trucks follow it like an autonomous convoy. It's great and working. Thanks for everything!

Did you have to edit the config for that or not?

You got a little example mission for it bardosy ?

Place an UGV and name it UGV, then place 2 trucks named truck1 and truck2.

Next execute this from the debug console in the editor:

_grp = group UGV;

{
_uavcrew = "B_UAV_AI" createUnit [getposATL player,_grp, format ["this moveindriver %1",_x]];
} foreach [truck1,truck2];

_grp setbehaviour "SAFE";
_newpos = nearestLocation [getPos UGV, "nameCity"];
UGV move locationposition _newpos;

Now you got an autonomous spooky convoy (ASC)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks GOM, but I suppose it defeats the orignal ask by bardosy to make a single vehicle controllable remotely. Must be easy if Google can do it ;)

Yeah, my original ask is impossible. Fortunately I can solve my problem (convoy) other way. But we are mission makers, and we have to make compomise all the time.

Oh, and i just laugh a lot about your google car joke. :)

Must be easy if Google can do it ;)

Google? Pff, James Bond already had this stuff in the 90s, guys.^^

On topic: Really cool, but a single vehicle would be cooler. But I guess you could hideObject the leading UGV?

If I hide the leading (really UGV) vehicle, the player still cannot connect with his uav terminal. But you are right, the solution for the original question would be better.

I just spotted one interesting thing the Arma 3 Showcase NATO mission, that the MK30 can be controlled by a Operator Terminal in the autonomous-section. I did not know about this and I can't find a way to reproduce it. Does anyone know how?

NOTE: I'm currently running on RC 1.54, so can someone confirm that this still is the case in the stable branch also?

I just spotted one interesting thing the Arma 3 Showcase NATO mission, that the MK30 can be controlled by a Operator Terminal in the autonomous-section. I did not know about this and I can't find a way to reproduce it. Does anyone know how?

NOTE: I'm currently running on RC 1.54, so can someone confirm that this still is the case in the stable branch also?

There are autonomous version of both, GMG and HMG available ingame.

• Thanks 1