IndeedPete

[SP Campaign] M.E.R.C.S. - mercenary expendable ruthless covert selfish

If you have the "Campaign PBO" version which is basically just a plain folder due to build problems with the last updates you can go into Campaigns\IP_CMP_MERCS\cfg\shop\clothes.hpp and add uniform classnames as you like. I don't think the pack you're referring to has been implemented.

Finally got to the end :) I'm trying all possible endings and encountering several problems:

1. Euroforce ending:

I got with my team leader to the extraction point. The Ghosthawk lands, I get in, nothing happens. My team leader is not leading me anymore ("where are you" receives no reply), and not getting in the chopper, which, by the way, did not extend his landing gear and landed on his belly. Took out all visible enemies, got back in, same deal.

2. On the "Variable" (no pun intended) ending, the FPS is great, however, after sometime and maybe after interacting with the Stomper UGV, there are dramatic freezes every 4 seconds that last about 2 seconds each. That makes the mission quite impossible to play. I suspect it's one of the looping scripts, if you have any there.

I'm playing with Blastcore and JSRS.

I'll keep you posted with more info as I keep on trying.

Thanks for giving me the heads-up!

1. The EF commander should get in as well. I've got another report about this issue but I wasn't able to reproduce it in earlier Arma versions. I'll try again and implement a failsafe in any case.

2. Never heard of that issue but I make sure to test it myself. There are scripts looping but I'm not sure why they would have that impact on the performance now. I'll look into it.

@Variable: I have looked into your performance issues and can confirm micro-freezes. It seems to be the script that periodically checks for radiated zones. However, this issue never occured with ealier versions of the game. And since patch 1.48, which is known to have negative side effects for some players, has just been released five days ago, I think I can safely blame it on Bohemia. I hope they're able to fix it soon so I can confirm my assumption. That also gives me more time to fix the other issue you brought up.

Sure, just bear in mind that my report was made on the previous version.

Ah, so further investigation is needed. These glitches must be new as there haven't been there when I originally developed the mission. But I do experience another performance impact with an extended version of this script since 1.48. I hope I can find the root of all evil as for now, I cannot work on at least one mission because of these severe performance issues. (We're talking about 5 FPS here.)

I actually think this tendency is nowhere near good. In real life, I'm not really a fan of the military nor PMC companies. I see the need some times but when I read about tortures, war crimes, drone war and all that horrible and often unnecessary shit I think a world without these "organisations" would be a better one. Arma is just a game after all and I like it that way. So, Make Arma Not War! :)

Respects to you man. :)

Will surely try your mission :D

You have helped me several times in the past with scripting queries. I will never forget :)

Btw im a Muslim, Al Hamdolillah (Arabic for thanks to Allah)  :)

Thank you and I hope you enjoy it.^^

I'd love to reply in Arabic but unfortunately I had to give up on an introdution course last year due to other liabilities. But at least I tried! :) Tough to get the alphabet for a central European, but I'm sure it requires the same efforts for an Arabic native to learn our Latin letters.

• Like 1

Thank you and I hope you enjoy it.^^

I'd love to reply in Arabic but unfortunately I had to give up on an introdution course last year due to other liabilities. But at least I tried! :) Tough to get the alphabet for a central European, but I'm sure it requires the same efforts for an Arabic native to learn our Latin letters.

Im not an arab. but wow appreciate your kind words ..

PEACE :D

I think Tryk and 45KO uniform packs would be a welcome additions to your compatible mod list. (at least the altian camo variants would show up in the shop) Lots of pmcs wear the US special rig and with those mods they could wear markless coyote-black etc uniforms

I don't have any plans to extend the shop configs in the near future. But I plan to rework large parts of the system to fit the M.E.R.C.S. successor and I'm looking for ways to allow users to quickly feed the system with custom items.

• Like 1

I don't have any plans to extend the shop configs in the near future. But I plan to rework large parts of the system to fit the M.E.R.C.S. successor and I'm looking for ways to allow users to quickly feed the system with custom items.

I can't wait, and I squeaked a little when you said there was gonna be some coop. Will you integrate the arsenal system somehow so you can.. try stuff on before you buy a loadout etc?

Not sure how. I like the VR but there's few config options. One can't even restrict the items in the VR from what I see.

IndeedPete, when you say "MERCS sucessor" are you meaning Altis Zone? BTW, you and Surfer are still kicking it, right? There´s too much hype for it to be forgotten ;D (my STALKER side is craving for it)

cheers!

No, I'm referring to another campaign the size of M.E.R.C.S., not on Altis, to be released as public Beta in Q4 2015 or Q1 2016. There's no official announcement yet but I'll make sure to leak some information from time to time, until I have enough material for a trailer.

Contention Zone on Altis is a completely different project that only has loose ties to the M.E.R.C.S. storyline. I'm currently waiting for feedback from Surfer. We're still active - slow but still active. :D

• Like 1

AWESOME! Loved too much MERCS and was kinda missing another deep and ironic campaign like that... great to know there will be a sequel, YAY! And Contention Zone will be da bomb, whenever you guys release it (I´m still volunteering for playtesting whenever appliable lol)

cheers!

Goddammit, Pete :D Not to disrespect or insult, but I'm goddamn waiting for some news on Contention Zone! I loved the anomalies and you can actually borrow some gameplay ideas form ACE3 (like map opacity depending on daytime / player's illumination, etc.) ;).

I hope 'Project Ice' proves to be as deep as M.E.R.C.S. Even though I have troubles achieving the same freedom of choice in this non-PMC scenario. I hope it will be as pleasant if not better. I have a bit of promo material at the ready and will share something soon.

Unfortunately, both Surfer and I lack time and motivation to fully develop every aspect of the Zone. (Hell, I should be writing a Master's thesis right now.) We're uncertain whether we should just release the Zone functionality as a template rather than a mission. In any case, a small Alpha with what is playable so far should be releasable quite soon.

By the way, I'm talking about an hour or more coop fun when I say 'small Alpha'. :D

• Like 1

By the way, I'm talking about an hour or more coop fun when I say 'small Alpha'. :D

Sounds GREAT to me =) (Anxious for "Project ICE" too... ohhh now I recall, it is a campaign with EUROFORCE and Snow Tigers, great, I´m certain it will be epic... I hope to see a lot (or at least) some nice (and ironic) dialogs on it, right?

cheers!

Yes, I'm trying to add some sarcastic, ironic, or just surreal elements. But the snowy setting itself should at least add a fresh facet to the Armaverse. I finally seek to get the dialogues voice acted in Ice. At the moment, it's just text-to-speech placeholders but eventually the machine voiced dialogues should be replaced by human actors during Beta phase, provided I find sufficient and willing actors. As said, I will share more details in a separate thread in the coming months, when I have enough to make a decent announcement. I do have a third to a half of the planend content in a playable stage but I've decided to drop the iterative release approach that was used in M.E.R.C.S. and release a public Beta when the campaign is complete.

I also have an idea for Tanoa already and I'm thinking about a M.E.R.C.S. Rearmed with voice acting, completely new textures, a music overhaul (finally getting rid of the random jukebox), and a bit of story streamlining maybe. But these are dreams of the future, I cannot promise anything considering that I'm about to graduate my Informatics Master's in the next term and my life will most likely change dramatically. I might even have to quit or at least pause my modding career, we'll see. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. ;) 

Well MERCS is already a serious legacy... but if you manage to deliver Project ICE or Contention Zone or MERCS Rearmed before quitting the modding/mission making scena at all, it will be a plus =)

I don´t mind text-to-speech dialogs, Bardosy used quite efficiently on his campaigns/missions, it´s a good placeholder for voice acting =)

cheers!

I plan to finish up all currently active projects until then, don't worry. ;)

• Like 1

Small update incoming! Fixed that annoying get-in bug in the EF ending and some other minor stuff. As small extra, and since I already revealed a bit about the M.E.R.C.S. successor in previous posts, I'll give you an updated version of Raif's character sheet. Curious about what he had been up to after the events on Altis? There are a few clues in the image below, but hopefully not too many. Stay tuned, a proper announcement will follow soon. ;)

salihq4k2p.jpg

Version: 1.03

How to Install
Non-Steam Campaign PBO Version: Campaigns dir ("...\steam\steamApps\common\Arma 3\Campaigns").
Non-Steam Addon Version: Copy the @MERCS folder to your Arma 3 dir ("...\steam\steamApps\common\Arma 3\") and launch it as addon with a launcher of your choice or start the game with the parameter "-mod=@MERCS".
Steam Addon Version: Subscribe to the steam workshop entry and launch it as addon with the BIS launcher.

Changelog

1.03 - 15.08.2015

• FIXED: Liberty, Officer was refusing to get into the evac helicopter.
  • FIXED: Mod weapons with scope = 1 were still used in the shop and by the mercenaries.
  • CHANGED: EUROFORCE uniform is now the same as in the EUROFORCE stand-alone release.

License
APL-SA.png
Content created by IndeedPete is published under the "Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)". You are free to take or change anything you can use, just give me a mention in the credits.
All authors of third party content gave me permissions to use their works in the MANW Contest.

Credits & Thanks

• Bohemia Interactive Studios for this great game!
  • aeroson for his get/set loadout and repetitive clean up scripts!
  • cobra4v320 for his HALO/parachuting scripts!
  • Kydoimos for cross-reading and improving some of the dialogues and texts!
  • mrflay for his explosion detector!
  • Shuko for his SHKPos script!
  • Surfer for his help regarding the awesome M.E.R.C.S. logo and way too many textures and images!
  • tpw for his ambient civilian script package!
  • And all the great people on the BI-Forums who helped out with answers and feedback to so many questions!

Download

Addon Version
Dropbox v1.03
Steam Workshop v1.03

Campaign PBO Version
Dropbox v1.03