class Lights_Init
	{
		scope=0;
		Init="[_x] execVM '\userconfig\redlight.sqf'";
	};
};
};

This should work in theory, unless I need to add in to CAMANBASE

Well in Update 4 the script would only add the action to vehicles and specific vehicles also not just any.

So I would suggest taking these out,

Lines are to replace

13 if (_obj isKindOf "Air") then {

19 if (_obj isKindOf "LandVehicle") then {

Edited by Lala14

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Tajin, you "Interior Lighting V1.5 NEW!" linl in OP and Armaholic's 25598 page are distributing redlight.sqf labeled as 1.5 while the actual 1.5 (IntLight.sqf) only is in your Interior_Lighting_Example.Stratis mission.

Nothing one couldn't figure out after a coffee or two but that may lead to some confusion.

All the best

Edited by Kawa

Tajin, you "Interior Lighting V1.5 NEW!" linl in OP and Armaholic's 25598 page are distributing redlight.sqf labeled as 1.5 while the actual 1.5 (IntLight.sqf) only is in your Interior_Lighting_Example.Stratis mission.

Nothing one couldn't figure out after a coffee or two but that may lead to some confusion.

All the best

Thank you so much! didn't notice that I didn't replace the link with the new one

NVM, I found the problem. I had assumed the people who released public ports of A2 Assets would use the same classnames as the a2 assets ported by the group I played with. Different classnames = no lights.

Edited by HJohnson

Hum, that's a good stuff mate, congrats!

However, how can I get it work / be turned ON at the beginning of a mission?

I want it be ON at mission launch.

And please, maybe I've missd something, but how can I have it work and the light be red, and then when the chopper arrives at LZ, the light to turn green?

thanks

If you want to pre-enable the lights for specific vehicles you can use this init-line on them:

this setVariable["interiorlight",true];

If you want all vehicles to have their lights enabled by default. Open the script, scroll down to line 148 and change

"_ison = _veh getVariable [iL_varname,false];"

to

"_ison = _veh getVariable [iL_varname,true];"

v1.5 does not directly support changing lights on the fly. The next version however, will include an override-variable that allows you to let external scripts change the lightsettings afterwards.

Edited by Tajin

Thanks for this script guys.

If you're still around, I have a question. Is it possible to only have the addaction to the pilot (or name of unit, etc) ? I tried messing with it, using "_this == unitname" but keep getting errors. I was hoping for a simple solution, if you have one, without having to re-write the entire addaction, etc. !

Thanks!

Thanks for this script guys.

If you're still around, I have a question. Is it possible to only have the addaction to the pilot (or name of unit, etc) ? I tried messing with it, using "_this == unitname" but keep getting errors. I was hoping for a simple solution, if you have one, without having to re-write the entire addaction, etc. !

Thanks!

I originally had that in but I did remove it.

Oh no! OK, is there a way around it? I'm doing a HALO jump and want the pilot to be able to switch the light (green in this case) on when ready to jump, etc.

Be appreciated, thanks.

Oh no! OK, is there a way around it? I'm doing a HALO jump and want the pilot to be able to switch the light (green in this case) on when ready to jump, etc.

Be appreciated, thanks.

Alright so I've currently dug up our old version (yes I say old, this was created when WIKI suggested the green light) of V1.6 which was never released but was intended to be the update to allow for colour changing with an addaction but we sort of stopped working on it. I'll see if I can fix 'er up. I've got what we were planning on doing with it currently and it seems to be working alrightish just need to make it so that the Light won't be stuck on what ever colour ;).

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Hmm well I've just about finished up although I've found a weird bug ... When using set on a array that was got from another array it will change the array from before hand as well as the one you are using. Thus, this is breaking the array which has the configs. I'll just make a bigger work around then.

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

Alright DW I'm just stupid and forgot to add a + which means copy the array >.>.

Alright so I've finished doing all that!

:D

Changelog on first post.

Alright so I've finished doing all that!

:D

Changelog on first post.

Thanks a lot! That's very kind of you and perfect timing, mission is virtually done and getting a run out today:)

Thanks for informing us of the update :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great.

now, how to change the color of the light via a trigger?

For example, when the chopper reaches the LZ, the light goes from red to green?

Thanks.

Great.

now, how to change the color of the light via a trigger?

For example, when the chopper reaches the LZ, the light goes from red to green?

Thanks.

Name the chopper something if you intend for more than 1 vehicle in the trigger

then use

vehcallname = (thisList select 0) call IL_fnc_inList;
vehiclelights = + ((IL_Config select vehcallname) select 2);
vehiclelights2 = vehiclelights select 0;
vehiclelights2 set [1,IL_c_green];
if (count vehiclelights > 1) then {vehiclelights3 = vehiclelights select 1; vehiclelights3 set [1,IL_c_green]; vehiclelights set [1,vehiclelights3];};
vehiclelights set [0,vehiclelights2];
(thisList select 0) setVariable ["IL_timestamp",time,true];
(thisList select 0) setVariable ["IL_Override",vehiclelights ,true];

(thisList select 0) to vehicleName

hope this helps

also by doing this I found a bug, YAY. already fixed it though

Could someone tell me where I need to put the initLight.sqf file to be able to use this?

You place this in your mission. And then place the code into the init.sqf

You place this in your mission. And then place the code into the init.sqf

Would you mind being more specific? Im pretty sure the "init.sqf" is the "initialization" part of the "insert unit" box in the editor when placing units. Thats where I need to copy the code if im correct. But how exactly do I put the "initLight.sqf" file I downloaded in the mission?

Would you mind being more specific? Im pretty sure the "init.sqf" is the "initialization" part of the "insert unit" box in the editor when placing units. Thats where I need to copy the code if im correct. But how exactly do I put the "initLight.sqf" file I downloaded in the mission?

While I have not used this script yet...I believe he means create an init.sqf file in the root of your mission folder. Place code in this file and save. The code in the init.sqf runs first on mission start.

Look not to be an ass or any thing but maybe go watch a youtube tutorial, I've explained this process too many times, in fact let me link you to one of the many.

Hi Lala14, thank you for helpful script! Can you add support of Arma 2 Helicopters? ( http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181038-US-Helicopters-(HAFM-OVerhaul)-MOD )

UH60M

UH60M_MEV

CH_47F (Chinook classname)

It would be awesome!!

I have it already done its just its got a lot of glare on the windscreen which makes the pilot unable to fly when its on so I held back on releasing it. I have to change the values for some parts of it. Sorry for the long delay