Sign in to follow this  
koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

Personally, for things like weapon handling, equipment management, etc I like keyboard commands. On a real weapon, you would do something completely different to clear a jam than to check your mag or set the safety. And I find that having a concrete key press I can press to always get the same result is better than a radial menu. With time, I became completely comfortable using all of the various commands.

I wouldn't be opposed to a radial menu, but I'd also like to have keyboard shortcuts for certain things.

That's an even better idea: To combine both. To have both awkward and quirky key commands and sleeky and streamlined menus. :D No, seriously, that's a good idea. That way at least it's suited for every taste.

I am really looking forward to the release of this mod. It seems very promising and might turn out to be an alternative to ACE which I dont expect to be released for Arma 3 in the near future. Keep up the work!

I have a question about the introduction on jumping and the better walking animation, if you don't mind. Are these new, custom animations, or are they animations and features already in ArmA III that are not enabled by default? I know the game has a small hop feature, as at least two mods come to mind that enable it.

I have a question about the introduction on jumping and the better walking animation, if you don't mind. Are these new, custom animations, or are they animations and features already in ArmA III that are not enabled by default? I know the game has a small hop feature, as at least two mods come to mind that enable it.

Those are default animations already present in Arma.

Just wanted to look into the BWMod thread and ask when you will promote the former BWA3_realism actively... and here it is. Using it as often as I can. I hope I can use ballistics now in AI crowded missions, because you turned off simulation of wind for AI which is very good. Just wanna say thanks.

I like the interaction menu, have seen it already in Mrleonmontana's videos.

I have no use for the opening door keybind - I mean, it does only work when the door menu appears on correct mouseover, and finding the correct mouseover has always been the annoying part...

Where does it save settings now? Somewhere in HKCU, %appdata% or documents folder?

Edited by tortuosit

Always good to see another ACE like mod, I just wonder with ACE not even having a wip thread of official information yet is it going to get left behind. I know its reputation counts for a lot but with I think 5 mods I've seen now with similar objectives getting to public and having more development time, the quality of ACE3 will have to be outstanding to gain a foothold in most peoples required mods like ACE 2 had.

But for all I know ACE could be in full swing development right now, I think it is safe to say the ACE guys are at least tinkering with ideas.

The unfortunate downside to having so many mods that want to do the same thing is you can't run them all at once, hopefully the community doesn't get split up too much.

I have no use for the opening door keybind - I mean, it does only work when the door menu appears on correct mouseover, and finding the correct mouseover has always been the annoying part...

I like it and use it frequently now (if i remember its there),,, Imo it working better then the default action menu.

Where does it save settings now? Somewhere in HKCU, %appdata% or documents folder?

They are saved in the user profile. Its a new feature from TOH that you can save variables in the profile namespace. You can change the key bindings via the esc menu.

I was looking into the code. Its very simple to understand, however I do not see how you are doing the custom binds and actions so easily. I feel that I would be able to contribute if I could figure this out. I've been trying to add in animations to the changing of firemodes on rifles, but I cannot find a way to do so with any of the coding I've done. How are you overriding current binds?

@ HJohnson

To get better performance we add only one KeyDown EH and compile all the key bindings on mission start. This way its also easy to add a key. You simply create a sub class (with an unique name) in the "AGM_Core_Default_Keys" main class. This has to look like this:

class AGM_Core_Default_Keys {
 class laseTarget {
   displayName = "Lase Target";
   condition = "!AGM_FCSEnabled && {player == gunner _vehicle} && {getNumber (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> (typeOf _vehicle) >> 'AGM_FCSEnabled') == 1}";
   statement = "[_vehicle] call AGM_FCS_fnc_keyDown";
   conditionUp = "player == gunner _vehicle && {getNumber (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> (typeOf _vehicle) >> 'AGM_FCSEnabled') == 1}";
   statementUp = "[_vehicle] call AGM_FCS_fnc_keyUp";
   key = 15;
   shift = 0;
   control = 0;
   alt = 0;
 };
};

The default key here is Tab, which has a DIK Code of 15. Shift, alt and control can either be 0 for 'not pressed' or 1 for 'pressed'.

If you do it right the key defined in the 'AGM_Core_Default_Keys' class can be changed in the AGM menu.

Now the condition is a code, that has to return true or the input will do nothing. If you press the key and the condition returns true then the statement is called. You can use the predefined variable _vehicle in the condition or the statement, which is simply the current vehicle of the player (_vehicle = vehicle player).

Condition and statement are checked when you press the key or hold it down, while conditionUp and statementUp are checked on key release.

If you want to change the weapon selecting then look in the weaponSelect folders config. The corresponding scripts are referenced there and are located in the same folder.

Edited by [PzGrenBrig37]commy2

This is great HJohnson, thanks. Tried it - I have no earplugs, and it says "You have no earplugs", which is good. What does that click noise say, when I press Alt+E - "looks into inventory"? Because it sounds like a weapon fire rate click, i.e. it doesn't fit in the situation...

EDIT: HJohnson, I use AGM in the Pilgrimage mission and it seems, it does not survive savegames. Not sure yet. There's simply no reaction to the hotkey. I changed the hotkey to "p" then, also no reaction.

EDIT2: Savegame compatibility of AGM in general does not seem to work? ctrl+r for safe mode is not working, it only reloads. AGM_Weaponselect number keys are not working as well. Just default reaction. Wind is still shown when using compass. Most regrettably, weapon resting is lost as well.

Edited by tortuosit

You have to add earbuds to yourself, I forgot to mention this. The classname is "I_earbuds_f";

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

Here is a video of what I've done with it so far.

It works only with JSRS? If you could make in work with Speed Of Sound and TFR.

I tested again, with the campaign - and yes, most AGM modules do not survive savegame (Save+Exit in Mission, Restart ArmA, Resume mission), I hope Flummi you can do something about it please, because AGM is also very interesting for SP! http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172827-Moduload-—-Save-Game-Mod-Initializer did not help me. EDIT: Maybe it would, but still it's not a beautiful solution. "One important catch: It will only work for missions which were started with moduload enabled, so you may have to restart a mission to use it later." (it works, but my status_hud is already fixed and with every new mod init it starts blinking more).

I can tell in the status_hud_a3 there is a similar problem with not appearing hud after loading a savegame - and the solution is step 3 in this posting, maybe it's useful.

Here is the generally related thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170378-Mods-won-t-load-from-a-save-game

Edited by tortuosit

Sorry for the late response guys.

I played around with the AGM_Hearing today and added in earbuds.

Link to the modified AGM_Hearing

Link to the earbud mod

Right now, Alt+E equips earbuds and stops the sounds.

It is very helpful when flying helicopters with JSRS or being around machinegunners or ACRE in general.

Thanks! We'll integrate that when we have time.

It works only with JSRS? If you could make in work with Speed Of Sound and TFR.

While it's not tested, it should work with all sound mods. Certainly works with TFAR.

I tested again, with the campaign - and yes, most AGM modules do not survive savegame (Save+Exit in Mission, Restart ArmA, Resume mission), I hope Flummi you can do something about it please, because AGM is also very interesting for SP! http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172827-Moduload-—-Save-Game-Mod-Initializer did not help me. EDIT: Maybe it would, but still it's not a beautiful solution. "One important catch: It will only work for missions which were started with moduload enabled, so you may have to restart a mission to use it later." (it works, but my status_hud is already fixed and with every new mod init it starts blinking more).

I can tell in the status_hud_a3 there is a similar problem with not appearing hud after loading a savegame - and the solution is step 3 in this posting, maybe it's useful.

Here is the generally related thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170378-Mods-won-t-load-from-a-save-game

We'll look into that.

I integrated your changes, HJohnson, together with some of some changes esteldunedain made to the hearing system.

I made a short tutorial on how the medic mechanics are working, maybe someone else finds this helpful.

Edited by Vasilyevich

hey ! really nice mod , also i have a small suggestion , can you set the AT slot to accept second Primary weapon like shotguns or something else like that ? It would be cool to have that ace feature !

I have to say, I'm exited about this mod, you are doing outstanding work!

I did some Czech translations in stringtables, if you don't mind. Download link here

Cheers!

Thanks alot! Just after you posted that though, I overhauled all the string tables and made sure that every string is actually in there. If you could take a look at the new ones and update those, too, that would be awesome. (Pretty please)