_Terminal = [];
_Communication = [];
_Navigation = [];
_Watch = [];
_Face = [];
_Voice = [];
_Insignia = [];
  };

Does anyone know if its possible to spawn a smaller zone in a larger one at random position?

Does anyone know if its possible to spawn a smaller zone in a larger one at random position?

Possible yes, but u need some scripting skills.

Silola

Silola,

What is wrong with using the Marker system for MP games? I typically only use the markers for debugging like you say but I have been toying with an idea of setting the marker update speed to every 2 or 3 minutes simulating higher command updating us with the enemies location via satellite tracking and/or UAV tracking.

Are there problems with the Marker system in MP?

Also, I do all my testing in MP usually and haven't run into any problems with Markers in MP as far as I can tell.

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean. Which single player mission, which scenarios ?

If you don't want to see any DAC marker, turn them off with DAC_Marker = 0;

The DAC markers were made only for some kind of control during the mission development.

If you play your mission (SP or MP) turn them off, especially during a MP mission.

Silola

Thanks for the good work on DAC! I used it in arma2 for some scenario and now back in arma3.

I have the following multiplayer scenario: I want to spawn some patrols for friendly forces right at mission start and a lot patrols for enemy forces after a while when I know how many coop players have connected and base the enemy patrol size on that number. I use the editor placed triggers for defining the zones and calling your script from the activation field. However, that seems not to work when some zones are triggered immediately (condition true) and others are delayed. I've placed a test mission that illustrates the problem here: http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/Misc/%5bmp%5ddactest.Stratis.pbo .

The trigger conditions are either 'true' or '!isNil "TeTeT_patrolSize"'. I use the global TeTeT_patrolSize in the call for spawn DAC_zone to adjust the number of enemy spawned on the number of connected players.

Thanks in advance for any help!

There is an option built into DAC that will auto-adjust the size of the groups based on number of players. You'll have to read the manual to figure it out though.

A guess at your answer. If you zones are connected the manual suggests to activate them at the same time. I've found out though that even following that method I've had issues with waypoint only zones. If I try to activate those with regular zones at the same time based on some condition the units don't seem to get any waypoints from the waypoint only zone. I've found that I can activate the waypoint only zone at start and then other linked zones later and all seems good.

Thanks for the good work on DAC! I used it in arma2 for some scenario and now back in arma3.

I have the following multiplayer scenario: I want to spawn some patrols for friendly forces right at mission start and a lot patrols for enemy forces after a while when I know how many coop players have connected and base the enemy patrol size on that number. I use the editor placed triggers for defining the zones and calling your script from the activation field. However, that seems not to work when some zones are triggered immediately (condition true) and others are delayed. I've placed a test mission that illustrates the problem here: http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/Misc/%5bmp%5ddactest.Stratis.pbo .

The trigger conditions are either 'true' or '!isNil "TeTeT_patrolSize"'. I use the global TeTeT_patrolSize in the call for spawn DAC_zone to adjust the number of enemy spawned on the number of connected players.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Like 1

Thanks delta99, I use DAC_Auto_UnitCount  now to change the number of groups being spawned instead of trying to adjust the group size and that works fine.

• Like 1

Does anyone actually have the Dac_Savedistance working with an object that gets spawned in via script (as opposed to an editor placed object)?

No matter what i try it just seems to not be functioning for me. I've tried using it on a flagpole I named, a named marker, a named unit, and even myself (player)...but I always get dac enemy units spawning near the object regardless. These objects are spawned into the mission at mission start just before Dac gets initialized.

By the way, shouldn't this feature be spelled "safe" instead of "save"?

Hmmmm.. have you tried using a Game Logic instead of a flagpole, etc?  If the object exists before DAC init I don't see why it would not work...

I don't think it's a good idea to try and script spawn a DAC Logic while using the scripted-only version in my mission.

The Dac logic is only used for initializing the script from what I've read, which I've already done via my init.sqf.

so yea, not sure where to go with this one.

GAME logic not DAC logic  ;)

lol, yes sorry...tried but a logic doesn't work for me either. Clearly this safe zone feature is not working...at least not as simply described in the manual.

I've tried many other ways to no avail (creating many types of objects in the missions init and within the dac zone before dac is called). I know the object has been created before dac runs as I have a hint format revealing its location to me before dac gets called...so I dunno...giving up at this point. My mission dynamically creates its starting point during the init and there seems no way to stop dac from spawning enemy units nearby...even though dac doesnt start until after we've spawned into mission start when the object is present.

The only other possibility I can think of (if the fault is not DAC's) is that I'm using this on an alpha stage map (unsungs new vietnam map). Is there any sort of debug hint this feature has built in to see if DAC is even trying to use this safe-zone type feature?

Is the starting point truly random or just picks from a list of available start points?  If the latter you could create a Save Pos at each spawn point.

I'm not sure about debugging this I've never seen a hint for it.  Don't think it's the map itself.  You could 'kill' the DAC groups that are nearby your spawn point and have them respawn at a DAC camp (or move them)... but that might not be ideal and a bit messy.

I think I've discovered something....and this would explain all my confusion.

I think it's actually been working this whole time, but I've been watching for and expecting different behavior so it's gone unnoticed.

Apparently, it does not actually stop enemy units from spawning within a certain range of an object...instead, it takes spawned units, OR spawned units that contain waypoints which fall within the safe zone you've set, and then DE-SPAWNS those units from that location and RE-SPAWNS them into another group nearby but farther away from the object. It's sort of acting then like a post-spawn filter. Kind of messy really...it's not 100% accurate as sometimes it may miss de-spawning about 1 group out of 3 for me.

At least I figured it out!

Any updates planned?

Yes i hope so! I like this so much!

On the wishlist! 

* Option to fill every slot on a unit with gear in the DAC_Config_Weapon 

* Spawn an zone in a zone at random position at a random % chance. Would be great for enemy camps, and make your mission dynamic.

Cheers Silola  :wub:

Yes i hope so! I like this so much!

On the wishlist! 

* Option to fill every slot on a unit with gear in the DAC_Config_Weapon 

* Spawn an zone in a zone at random position at a random % chance. Would be great for enemy camps, and make your mission dynamic.

Cheers Silola  :wub:

Yes....maybe later. Currently RL, X-Cam and Taunus on top of the list ;)

Silola

Hi Silola,

Reading the news for the upcoming Eden 3D editor I noticed this:

Discontinued Features
  • AND and OR waypoints for logics

Will this affect DAC in any way when using Logics/WPs to create custom zones?

Hi Silola,

Reading the news for the upcoming Eden 3D editor I noticed this:

Will this affect DAC in any way when using Logics/WPs to create custom zones?

Hmm ... don't know atm. Let's wait for update and see what happens ;)

Silola

• Like 1

Thank you, Silola, for all your awesome work.

If you happen to work on DAC any time, adding an option to add all spawned units to the curators (Zeus) would be on my wishlist :)

• Like 1

Thank you, Silola, for all your awesome work.

If you happen to work on DAC any time, adding an option to add all spawned units to the curators (Zeus) would be on my wishlist :)

Probably you know this already  :)  but just in case. I add the desired units to the curators by adding an event at DAC_Config_Events.sqf

http://pastebin.com/KgUtG3aU

• Like 2

Is there an option to disable the DAC init message on the top right at Mission start?

Where can i disable the DAC markers ?

PDF manual pages 35, 36

Look in DAC_Config_Creator.sqf:

DAC_Com_Values = [0,0,0,0]

DAC_Marker = 0

• Like 1