flyinpenguin

Improved Fatigue System

Ok, so I have had a chance to mess with the new fatigue they have. It is interesting and will actually make a few changes I had in mind easier. However, I want people to be able to move reasonably fast until they fall over. So I will be modifying it to suit. Once you have fallen over, you will then be forced slow move like it currently is. In the end it will be a good thing, but it will mean I will be getting rid of the multiple presets until I have it set up a little better. This will be updated within a week for version 0.8. Hopefully next monday.

So I tried something interesting, I streamed the entirety of updating this mod from version 0.7 to version 0.8. Thought it would be interesting. I may do something like this again on my channel at http://www.twitch.tv/flyinp3nguin/. We shall see.

Edited by flyinpenguin

Updated to version 0.8!

ChangeLog:

v0.8-

Changed - Mod now supports new fatigue

Changed - Player is now able to sprint longer

Changed - Blink values have been adjusted

Main post and download links have been updated

Thanks for informing us about the new version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

flyinpenguin nice mod and good to see some great input from everyone.....all i would like to say is Please don't let the ultra realist sway you to much into adding more and more realist effects , keep a level headed approach to this and keep it playable not like the new fatigue system update just introduced with the bootcamp update...gee man coupled with the unbelievable weapon sway system and fatigue its made this great game a chore to play lately. peeps who i play arma with have not been playing for the past few days since the update have moved on to other games as arma 3 with these systems are frustrating them when you only run a short while and find it impossible to use your weapon and things like AI dont get any of these effects.

At the end of the day its a game and should be nice to play

flyinpenguin nice mod and good to see some great input from everyone.....all i would like to say is Please don't let the ultra realist sway you to much into adding more and more realist effects , keep a level headed approach to this and keep it playable not like the new fatigue system update just introduced with the bootcamp update...gee man coupled with the unbelievable weapon sway system and fatigue its made this great game a chore to play lately. peeps who i play arma with have not been playing for the past few days since the update have moved on to other games as arma 3 with these systems are frustrating them when you only run a short while and find it impossible to use your weapon and things like AI dont get any of these effects.

At the end of the day its a game and should be nice to play

You should probably love this mod then. I removed the annoyance of the last update so that it is more tasteful and will not hinder formations. You will be able to run for much longer before you start to slow down. Give it a try!

You should probably love this mod then. I removed the annoyance of the last update so that it is more tasteful and will not hinder formations. You will be able to run for much longer before you start to slow down. Give it a try!

will be giving a try this evening if all goies well, thanks man :-)

Took me awhile, but I had to conduct research and testing with other Fatigue systems as well. I hope this information is useful to you.

--------------------------------------

A comparison of the three fatigue systems. Vanilla Arma 3, AGM Fatigue and The Improved Fatigue System V 0.8 by Flying Penguin.

These tests were done on a Dedicated Server under Operation like settings on the Veteran Difficulty. Also please note, that all "DEFAULT" Settings were used for mods like AGM and IFS. It is *HIGHLY* stressed that results can VARY depending on how AGM and IFS settings are configured.

All testing was done at 22 to 23 kg of weight. I also made sure to conduct more testing with a party of 5 other members, who all (more or less) experienced the same thing I did.

LET IT BE KNOWN AND HIGHLY STRESSED

That by including the AGM Fatigue PBO in the AGM addon. It overwrites the Vanillia ARMA 3 Fatigue completely. When I ran my 1st series of tests, I had no idea that the PBO runs the default settings (Getting Tired Coef: 1.0 Recover Coef: 1.0) even when there is NO AGM Fatigue Module placed in the mission editor. This means the AGM Fatigue PBO is running when AGM is being used, unless it is REMOVED from AGM.

Please review all information carefully. Also note, that when listing minutes, I was using a stopwatch to conduct my testing, I would start the stopwatch as soon as I started moving, and stopped it when I stopped moving when I hit prone. (And restart it for when I did to see how long it took to recover fatigue.)

This means that the Full Sprint time, and the Fall to Prone time, are all on a single time, with a note being made on WHEN i stopped Full Sprinting into my time.

Conclusions

From Research conducted, using Vanilla Arma 3 Fatigue.

I was able to run at a Full Sprint for roughly 38 seconds.

I was able to continue to move at a slightly slower pace for 5 minutes. You are able to move continuously although the more fatigue you have, the slower you will move.

It takes less than a minute to recover from "Red" fatigue, to no Fatigue.

From Research conducted, Using the AGM Fatigue.

I was able to run at a Full Sprint for roughly 3 minutes and 40 seconds.

I was able to continue moving at a slightly slower pace for a full 13 minutes before falling over prone. Roughly 2500 meters.

It took a full 6 minutes (or so) to go from Full "Red" Fatigue, to no Fatigue.

From Research conducted, Using the Improved Fatigue System V 0.8.

I was able to run at a Full Sprint for roughly 1 minute and 30 seconds.

I was able to continue to move at a slightly slower pace for a full 2 minutes before falling over to prone.

It took 1 minute to recover from "Orange" Fatigue, to no Fatigue.

From Research conducted, using AGM and the Improved Fatigue System V 0.8 both running.

I was able to run at a Full Sprint for Roughly 4 minutes and 10 seconds.

I was able to continue moving at a slightly slower pace for a full 6 minutes and 13 Seconds before falling over prone. Roughly 1400 Meters

It took a full 5 minutes and 20 seconds to go from "Orange" Fatigue, to no Fatigue.

---------------------------------------

Out of everything tested, I preferred the IFS. Great work so far, I honestly don't have much to add to what you've already given. I hope you continue to develop this wonderful addon.

Edited by Karneck

@Karneck, glad to hear it! That is impressive comparison data. It's hilarious that you tried running both at the same time. Sprint for 4 min and 10 sec with a full combat load... yes please XD. Anyways, hopefully the new blink settings were less obtrusive. Sounds like they were cause you didn't even mention it (which in programming world means 'perfect, you did a great job' :p) Thanks again for your continued support!

Yes. The blinking was much better, so much so you are correct.

I enjoyed IFS because it allows for more "bursts" of movement that works better with how fluid combat can be.

My only suggestion at this point is still a map module to enforce certain settings for gameplay.

Yes. The blinking was much better, so much so you are correct.

I enjoyed IFS because it allows for more "bursts" of movement that works better with how fluid combat can be.

My only suggestion at this point is still a map module to enforce certain settings for gameplay.

It will be on the list for planned features for version 1.0

Update on the progress of the mod

Early testing on parts of the final version of the mod are underway as of tonight. If anyone wants a test version of this, PM me, otherwise I will not be handing it out as it has potential for severe failure of the mod if you change the userconfig values.

The part under testing is further customization of how much fatigue it will take until the mod will activate its first feature. This will be even more customizable beyond the previous 'three preset' method. You will be able to add fatigue required to activate in 0.02 increments to make the possible fatigue required be anywhere from 1.2 to potentially 20 or more. Of course this will be able to be forced to a certain value with the mission module on final release.

Improved Fatigue System has been updated to version 1.0!

ChangeLog:

v1.0 - Added - IFS Module

Added - Complete customization over when the mod activates

Changed - Heartbeat and RadBlur activation timing

Changed - variable heartbeat

Fixed - blink now happens with NVG's

Added - Documentation over IFS variables for mission/mod makers

Added - Server keys

Note: I wanted to put in a custom animation for falling over, but I realized that I am terrible at doing animations. So I did not include it. If anyone can, or knows anyone that can, make animations, I would love to get in touch with you and see what we can do!

Thanks for informing us about the new version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Ran in to a wierd issue with this addon.

In latest stable version you will get "infinite loading screen" in missions that have sector control modules. They work in editor preview if you dont hold shift down so that it doesnt load the briefing, but if you preview it with briefing or try to actually run the mission it wont start.

Crash log doesn't give any clues to what might be the actual cause but its very easy to reproduce:

Make a sample mission with just you and some sector modules and areas and try to preview it.

I had no other addons when i was troubleshooting the issue. Took me a whole damn night to first rule out everything except the sector control modules, and after that what was causing them not to work :D

Ran in to a wierd issue with this addon.

In latest stable version you will get "infinite loading screen" in missions that have sector control modules. They work in editor preview if you dont hold shift down so that it doesnt load the briefing, but if you preview it with briefing or try to actually run the mission it wont start.

Crash log doesn't give any clues to what might be the actual cause but its very easy to reproduce:

Make a sample mission with just you and some sector modules and areas and try to preview it.

I had no other addons when i was troubleshooting the issue. Took me a whole damn night to first rule out everything except the sector control modules, and after that what was causing them not to work :D

hmm.. weird. I shall look into it

Edit: Tried to reproduce, but could not get the error you specified. There should be no interaction between a sector module and my module, so it is unlikely that my mod is causing this. I suggest you try to reproduce without running IFS and see if you get the same thing.

Edited by flyinpenguin

hmm.. weird. I shall look into it

Edit: Tried to reproduce, but could not get the error you specified. There should be no interaction between a sector module and my module, so it is unlikely that my mod is causing this. I suggest you try to reproduce without running IFS and see if you get the same thing.

Odd. Only way i managed to fix it was by removing IFS or the sector modules. As soon as i put it back on it starts freezing.

Last line in rpt BEFORE i alt+f4 out is:

Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_modulemptypesectorcontrol_initcurator

And after i alt+f4 out the last line is

c:\w\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!

Now that i think of it i mightve had JSRS and MAS units on while i was reproducing it so it could also be an addon conflict, could do some more testing.

@ Groshnak, that would be great. This is the first time I have done a module so it is possible I am missing something. I will look over bohemia's documentation on it again and try to find something that I missed. I am running legacy 1.24 version because so many things are still wrong with the most recent version. Maybe that would help?

looks like fatigue system make some error with zeus

it bugged unit height adjustment

Two quick questions;

Is there still a working version?

Can it be run on a server as an addon or is it clientside only?

@kgino1045, I haven't encountered this issue but will investigate

@jgaz-uk, Yes the current released version should be working! I have been attending other projects as of late and havent tested with the most recent version of Arma3 but I will look again to make sure. As to the second question, it is client side only. It was designed for use in Milsim units which have set mods. Milsim units also have requirments to keep as much off server side calculations as possible, so it does not need to be ran on the server. If you wish to use the module to force changes, you will need to enable the mod on the server. Otherwise, clientside only! I do intend to make a version that can be run from the mission instead of an addon, but that will unfortunately have to wait. Sadly, I have to many projects on my plate to start thinking about that right now.

Edited by flyinpenguin