Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Middle East Conflict mod

TBH - pretty sure I told them about 3 weeks ago... But sometimes it gets missed

SJ

Hi, I had created some missions with some old MECs, but after the update, I am no longer able to access to my missions through editor, it said some files are gone. May I ask is there a way to recover it? TQ

yes - but you will have to get jiggy with a text editor - ArmaEdit or Notepad++

Go into the Mission.sqm file and delete anything between the curly brackets

addOns[]=
{
	"UK3CB_BAF_Units_MTP",
	"xcam_prototype_config"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"UK3CB_BAF_Units_MTP",
	"xcam_prototype_config"
};

So it looks like this

addOns[]=
{};
addOnsAuto[]=
{};

That will let you load up the mission at least.

You will get script errors telling you it cannot find the classname of the mods that are missing.

You will need to do a find and replace on these in the SQM file using your chosen txt editor again and you can either hunt for the old units and replace with Drongo's new ones or indeed just replace with generic AAF classnames etc. Just don't mess around in the SQM any more than that... don't for instance remove blocks of text or units placements as it will get screwed up really quickly.

TBH the easiest way to do this might be just to roll back your MEC mod using PW6 to the right version to match your mission. Go in, change all the units to AAF then save and come back out update the mod and then go in and fix..

Horses for courses

Just wanna report that the PWS issue has been fixed as a result of the request in the Addition/Update thread. It's missing the Mi24 as a dependency atm, but nothing unnecessary will be downloaded anymore. Hooray!

Edit: Mi24 has been added as dependency upon request. Everything is perfectly fine now.

Edited by CfX

yes - but you will have to get jiggy with a text editor - ArmaEdit or Notepad++

Go into the Mission.sqm file and delete anything between the curly brackets

addOns[]=
{
	"UK3CB_BAF_Units_MTP",
	"xcam_prototype_config"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"UK3CB_BAF_Units_MTP",
	"xcam_prototype_config"
};

So it looks like this

addOns[]=
{};
addOnsAuto[]=
{};

That will let you load up the mission at least.

You will get script errors telling you it cannot find the classname of the mods that are missing.

You will need to do a find and replace on these in the SQM file using your chosen txt editor again and you can either hunt for the old units and replace with Drongo's new ones or indeed just replace with generic AAF classnames etc. Just don't mess around in the SQM any more than that... don't for instance remove blocks of text or units placements as it will get screwed up really quickly.

TBH the easiest way to do this might be just to roll back your MEC mod using PW6 to the right version to match your mission. Go in, change all the units to AAF then save and come back out update the mod and then go in and fix..

Horses for courses

Oh hey thanks for the reply, I have changed all the old names to the new names in addOns and addOnsAuto sections, like you said, I am able to access the mission, but a lot of classnames have been missing(vehicles, DRI_MachineGunnner...etc). So does that mean that I have to change all the classnames in the class group section? Also, is there a way where I can find the MEC's classname list? TQ

Yes basically to do it all in the editor you will need to find the old classname; and do a find replace with the new one.

I still think it might be simpler for you to roll back MEC (assuming you use PW6 ! :) ) and then just edit your original file in the editor to be AAF or something...

Either way it's not easy I appreciate.

Yes basically to do it all in the editor you will need to find the old classname; and do a find replace with the new one.

I still think it might be simpler for you to roll back MEC (assuming you use PW6 ! :) ) and then just edit your original file in the editor to be AAF or something...

Either way it's not easy I appreciate.

So if I changed the old classes name to the AAF, the old MEC units in my mission will convert to the new MEC? Am I correct? I'm sorry if I dont understand lol, because I'm newbie to this game.

No they will be AAF - I just chose them as a generic placeholder for you to get the mission to load back up into the editor so you can see where you've placed the (old MEC - now AAF) units.

Otherwise the mission will load up, but the unit marker will be invisible for you.

TbH given how long it's taken to tell you all this - you would probably have been better off simply re-doing the mission using the latest version of MEC - probably faster :-)

Seems like the Talibans are pretty strong, many shots to kill them.

I'am using Massi's weapons too so maybe a problem of incompatibility between the two mods ? it look like talibans got bodyarmour.

Between, loving your mod, keep up the good job, we having a tons of fun with it in Takistan

GG

No they will be AAF - I just chose them as a generic placeholder for you to get the mission to load back up into the editor so you can see where you've placed the (old MEC - now AAF) units.

Otherwise the mission will load up, but the unit marker will be invisible for you.

TbH given how long it's taken to tell you all this - you would probably have been better off simply re-doing the mission using the latest version of MEC - probably faster :-)

Oh i think i finally get what u mean, i think i will try the AAF option, thx for the help btw!

There is a guide to classnames in the readme file. I find doing a ctrl-H through your mission.sqm is the easiest way to convert missions. Most of the time it involves changing SAA_Rifleman to MEC_SAA_Rifleman, though there are exceptions.

Any plans on Asian/Jungle factions? I think that's all you have left. You have about the entire globe covered. ;)

Drongo, can you tell me if you are looking into the AGM/Dishdasha + other dishdasha errors? If not I will need to start looking for other options for my OPFOR. Also if you are doing another "fixed" release, any chance you could do a quick edit on the Boko Haram to make them OPFOR...........................so I don't have to do it again.:cool:

@Goblin

That's a good idea, I'll see if I can create a faction along the lines of Abu Sayaf or Jemaah Islamiyah.

@I WUB PUGS

The next version will contain some fixes and changes that may or may not fix the problems with AGM. However, I regard it as an AGM problem. I don't use AGM and to figure out where the problem might be, I would have to download AGM, dePBO it, find the scripts that relate to wounding, check how they relate to each other, find the lines that might be causing the bullet-proof effect then make changes based on that. It's a lot of work for something that I don't even use. If you want to help, ask the AGM guys where they think the problem might come from, or investigate yourself and let me know.

As for faction, flag, gun, etc changes, I expect people to do that for themselves. There is an explanation here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_3_Replacement_Config_Tutorial

It doesn't take long to do.

I'm also looking at support for Teriyaki and Niko's uniform packs as optional addons.

What about South american faction ? : ) ( I know is not much Asia lol but would be cool )

I'am using Massi's USMC and UK packs vs your Talibans and it takes two shot in the head or 3/4 in the torso to kill them, I don't know if the two mods are compatible thos, however looke like Talibans are wearing bodyarmour or are just OP

keep up the good work, most promising and interesting mod for Opfor factions, that's for sure

cheers

There are conflicts with the Dishdasha worn by Taliban and Boko Haram right now. So there are conflicts with AGM wounding, CUP weapons and Massi's weapons. Wait for the next update from Dongo.

His input is right above your post.

I changed the faction names a month or two back, , but only to add an MEC_ tag to the front of each one. Would that have caused incompatibility with ALIVE?

Been going mad tonight trying to fix the dishdasha problem. Sometimes guys go down in one shot, other times it takes up to five. I can't isolate it to a single uniform or class. I am a total noob when it comes to models, RVMAT, textures etc, so if anyone out there can take a look at the files and let me know where I have gone wrong, I would greatly appreciate it.

As it is, I have fixed more incorrect paths and made further config tweaks. Support for Teriyaki and Niko's packs are now in for IS and the irregulars. I just have to find appropriate uniforms for the SEA faction to use and then I'll release an update.

I am seeing an error that seems to be related to the cha_mi24 mod. The error says:

config.bin/CfgWeapons/Cha_Mi24_S8_Rocket/burst/: Cannot find base class 'burst'

It causes a Crash to desktop.

Anyone else with this Problem? Please let me know if there is a Workaround. Really like the Mideast Conflict Mod!!

Edited by RASmith1030

Okay, we played with MEC on Friday night game night. Looks like the ISIS would not spawn, but used the Boko in their place for now. Works with ALiVE. We'll just have to wait on the ALiVE ISIS for now. No biggie.

Side note. We also noticed the the Boko units were near impossible to kill. They would drop. Then get right back up. Not sure if its related to MEC or not. I'm guessing its a Medical mod issue maybe? Who knows...