Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Middle East Conflict mod

For those of you who want the MEC version using Massi's weapons and not CUP weapons version I have uploaded what i Have to my dropbox, link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8s6hq94gu0dj46/MECv0171.zip?dl=0

For those of you who dont know what Massi's weapons are see this page:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

For those of you who want the MEC version using Massi's weapons and not CUP weapons version I have uploaded what i Have to my dropbox, link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8s6hq94gu0dj46/MECv0171.zip?dl=0

For those of you who dont know what Massi's weapons are see this page:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

Thanks, buddy. I didn't know that existed, very useful as I don't have the b/w to keep up with CUP developments - I'll be waiting until it's more or less finished before downloading.

Would this version also include the use of Massi's vehicle pack as opposed to RDS ? (that would be stellar).

No, everything you want to know is in the readme, which is in the addons folder where no one looks of all places.

No, everything you want to know is in the readme, which is in the addons folder where no one looks of all places.
I'am taking a look through now. Is it possible to change the config to allow for Massi's vehicle pack instead of RDS ? I ask this because if I'am already running the Africa conflict mod, massi weapon pack and, naturally, the massi vehicle pack to coincide with these mods I would rather not duplicate the same static weapons and vehicles.

Can you link me his vehicle pack, i'll check it out, idk if I would be able to do it, i dabbled in configs before but we'll see.

I'am taking a look through now. Is it possible to change the config to allow for Massi's vehicle pack instead of RDS ? I ask this because if I'am already running the Africa conflict mod, massi weapon pack and, naturally, the massi vehicle pack to coincide with these mods I would rather not duplicate the same static weapons and vehicles.

Awesome idea !, I would go full Massi when possible so that one don't have to use a thousands different mods and also you would have less incompatibility risk.

Massi made the most popular "good guys" mods and they are complete with all kind of vehicles/weapons(for "bad guys too") and this is one of the best "bad guys" mod so would be really cool to have a sort of merge and have it on Play With Six, Arma III community would benefit a lot from something like that.

Edited by HaZZarD

Awesome idea !, I would go full Massi when possible so that one don't have to use a thousands different mods and also you would have less incompatibility risk.

Massi made the most popular "good guys" mods and they are complete with all kind of vehicles/weapons(for "bad guys too") and this is one of the best "bad guys" mod so would be really cool to have a sort of merge and have it on Play With Six, Arma III community would benefit a lot from something like that.

Yeah I've got my fingers crossed that 3CB dumps CUP soon and if this goes to full Massi then its going to save me a lot of downloading for my guys and get rid of the triple redundancy for weapons I have right now between RHS/CUP/Massi.

So yeah, Gunter, you the man if you can config this up for all Massi..... wanna save me some more time and make Boko Haram into an OPFOR side. I already do this but hey! You're already editing configs.:cool:

Cool, checking this out now, I hope this is Zeus and MCC compatible for mission making purposes. was just about to make a mission, so I'm glade I found this

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

Not being rude at all, but I normally avoid mods that rely on a million others like the plague. Wish it was all in one even if it is a big DL, to many mods are reliant on waaaaay to many others.

I guess I'll check this one out tho because it looks so bad ass.

Question,,, The Iraqi Warfare Mod [Alpha] is no longer supported, nor is it available. I only have it because I had it previously. Where you aware, and how will you deal with this ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182938-The-Iraqi-Warfare-Mod-Alpha

Edited by 3lockad3

Wow, talk about worth the effort, thank you dude, this is awesome!

This is so cool I have already instilled it in my personal mod pack.

You my friend are a flippin' genius!

So yeah, Gunter, you the man if you can config this up for all Massi..... wanna save me some more time and make Boko Haram into an OPFOR side.

I already do this but hey! You're already editing configs.

I'll take a look at it when im further ahead with my own upcoming mod/s, so soon.

Question,,, The Iraqi Warfare Mod [Alpha] is no longer supported, nor is it available. I only have it because I had it previously. Where you aware, and how will you deal with this ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...fare-Mod-Alpha

I think Drogo already knows, as do alot of us, its old news, and tbh i dont think he cares in the respect that he knows where he stands with his mod, aside that whats to deal with?

Past is past move on, the news and the rest of the twits can think what they want, we're playing a game here if they feel the need to say the

mod supports ISIS then have them register and post a thread listing the mod and all the names of those using it as well as all the other modders with

ISIS units and vehicles in their mods, theres quite a few of them, lets not forget Arma2CO too, got proof? Show it or piss off.

MarveXT made his decision and moved on, hated seeing him leave I wish him the best but he made his decision and we got

to respect that, its over with imo so lets move on.

Drongo on the other hand and i dont want to speak for him but i think hes more interested in his own mod in terms of stuff in the game working as it should

as in the past 2 weeks or so when the game's recent patches released he was having issues on something which the new updates seemed to have broke,

so hes rather how do you say pissed or irritated and I'm assuming he's taking a break.

As for the rest of us focus on the mod, and how we can improve it or provide feedback and or what have you, play the game, lets not worry about the real world

inclinations that the mod realizes through the game, game is for fun leave it at that.

I'll take a look at it when im further ahead with my own upcoming mod/s, so soon.

I think Drogo already knows, as do alot of us, its old news, and tbh i dont think he cares in the respect that he knows where he stands with his mod, aside that whats to deal with?

Past is past move on, the news and the rest of the twits can think what they want, we're playing a game here if they feel the need to say the

mod supports ISIS then have them register and post a thread listing the mod and all the names of those using it as well as all the other modders with

ISIS units and vehicles in their mods, theres quite a few of them, lets not forget Arma2CO too, got proof? Show it or piss off.

MarveXT made his decision and moved on, hated seeing him leave I wish him the best but he made his decision and we got

to respect that, its over with imo so lets move on.

Drongo on the other hand and i dont want to speak for him but i think hes more interested in his own mod in terms of stuff in the game working as it should

as in the past 2 weeks or so when the game's recent patches released he was having issues on something which the new updates seemed to have broke,

so hes rather how do you say pissed or irritated and I'm assuming he's taking a break.

As for the rest of us focus on the mod, and how we can improve it or provide feedback and or what have you, play the game, lets not worry about the real world

inclinations that the mod realizes through the game, game is for fun leave it at that.

Actually I'm very aware, I was one of the first people to warn him he was under attack by the media, I even made a blog on a couple sites to help suppress, and I organized some people to attack them back with information, not to mention, I even brought some more people to the game with those blogs. So yes I'm aware what happened. He even emphasized my warning to him in one of his public addresses.

My worry is with new updates those un-maintained mods are going to possibly break leaving this mod vulnerable, and from what I understand, BI plans on doing more work on their arrays and organizing them in the next update, so this will surely leave this mod vulnerable because of its complexity to such a vast array of external mods. My worry is it is going to break on him and I would have mad a personal mod pack for nothing. I hope I'm not rubbing off as rude, just concerned..

I was by no means talking out of the contextual confines of the game, my worries are the fact it takes a lot of work to keep on top of things, and if I see that moders say they will maintain their products, I tend to use those as I know my efforts will not be in vain. That is where I was basing my question from. I by no means want to pull real life into this thread other then the fact of worrying about the vulnerability. I do not even want to elaborate on why the mod is unmaintained now. I'm extremely humbled and thankful for the work that goes into these projects and love the fact people are so giving to the community. Even if I stop playing the game I would continue watch the advancement of the platform as it is exciting to see such a great complex platform that blows its competition out of the water. Possibly why the media was put up to attack this community, just my opinion, but I think another gaming studio is jealous of BI studios, but who knows for-sure. Thank you for your reply by the way :)

Wow, wish everyone would leave the politics out of this and just move them to own thread. This is not helping.

This issue is really much deeper and beyond the scope of realistic texture selection by mod makers.

The mod has been removed from PWS and Armaholic.

I was using it with latest stable game patch 1.44 and it was working fine. removing "MEC_XXX_RPG7Grenadier" classes fixed the rpg7_launcher_loaded. p3d popup error. No biggie, Drongo also had made the "MEC_XXX_RPG7Soldier" and those units were working fine.

Started noticing spg9 error popup recently but still was not a deal breaker. These errors, I believe were more about issues with the 3rd party mod dependencies. (Mods not made by drongo).

Drongo, I hope you reconsider bringing this mod back. It was the best Middle Eastern Mod IMHO.

I have developed a somewhat popular mission which gave many options to utilize assets/factions from MEC and its dependencies.

Will be discouraging if you do not continue.

I hope you allow someone to pick up where you left off if you are truly pulling the plug on this mod.

And again, thank you for your great contributions.

Regards,

Jigsor

Aw man, I just got finished downloading all the requirements for this mod, and then realized that it'd been taken down. I hope you bring it back up, looks like it was a great mod.

Wow now that you pointed it out and welcome to BIS forums btw, the Armaholic link/page is gone too.

Well if you guys that dont have it and want it or want previous versions, I have 3 versions of the mod I have the latest version the MECv20, MECv19, and MECv171

Whats the Differences in versions?

MEC Changelog

v0171 Hotfix

* Attempted to fix bad vehicle NULL error

* Minor config fixes

v017

* Added new shemags by Chops

* Added new dishdashas by Chops

* Added a Boko Haram faction

* Added an Islamic State faction

* Added a Taliban faction

* Added a Generic African Military faction

* Added a Generic African Irregulars faction

* Standardized all group and unit names to use the prefix MEC_

* Incorporated drRPG7.pbo into MiddleEastConflict.pbo

* Various config tweaks

* Added GME and SAA uniforms to the ME Insurgent uniform pool

* Reenabled the short-sleeved GME uniform

* Removed all BIS vehicles and statics except for Offroads from all factions

* Reworked randomization scripts

* Added a selection of Reyhard's AFVs to most factions (EAST uses desert camo, INDEP uses khaki)

* Added Chairborne's Hind to SAA and GME

* Completely removed vehicles from the East versus West mod

* uses Massi's NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3

For your guy's information this is what version 018 Changes:

* Added CUP Weapons Pack dependency

* Removed Massi Weapons Pack dependency

* Added optional iNTERBRED's Tactical Beards support

* Added [MEC] to the front of unit Display Names

* Various config fixes and tweaks

* Changed the way Irregulars are given vests (now uses a marker instead of a logic)

* Tweaked the uniforms of the WBO faction

v19 Changes:

* Many config and script tweaks

* Fixed some missing textures for the dishdashas

* Reduced the armor value of IS, Taliban and Boko Haram to alleviate the "bulletproof dishdasha" problem

* Added a Generic South East Asian Irregulars (GSI) faction

* Removed some unnecessary GL grenades from many classes

* Added [MEC] tag to clothing and gear

* Added optional support for Teriyaki's and NikolaiSergeyev's uniform packs

* Added Chairborne's Hind to requiredAddons

* Added an MEC mod logo

* Readded uniform randomization for Western Black Ops, using a lot of Niko's and Teriyaki's uniforms

* uses Community Upgrade Project Weapon Pack weapons instead of Massi's

v20

* Added beards to IS

* New uniform for SAA

* Changed to APL-SA license

* Community Upgrade Project Weapon Pack

==============

Edited by R0adki11
Link removed by mod authors request

Hmm, if this IS gone.. it's a great shame, one of the best and most useful faction mods I used....

Will be missed by me for sure.

Does anyone know why the links got removed from both ArmAholic as PWS? I assume Drongo himself requested this.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

You guessed it, read a few pages back and you can see how upset Drongo was about recent patches messing up things for him.

In my last post as it seemed no one read, I have 3 versions of the mod if your interested I can upload them, if you want the ones I have posted about on

my previous post then send me a pm, I wont link them here as this is Drongo's thread, unless he gives me permission to do so.

You guessed it, read a few pages back and you can see how upset Drongo was about recent patches messing up things for him.

In my last post as it seemed no one read, I have 3 versions of the mod if your interested I can upload them, if you want the ones I have posted about on

my previous post then send me a pm, I wont link them here as this is Drongo's thread, unless he gives me permission to do so.

Cheers for pointing that out. I still have the latest version on my PC, thanks however.

edit: Quite sad that the links have been removed from PWS, this was definitely my favorite faction pack as my community uses CUP and not RHS or Massi', it just fit right in. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to host it on my repository :/ Oh well, the reasons are his and I understand them. :(

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Edited by PhonicStudios

Seems progress of the game has its drawbacks, depending, overall i think its better but if its hurting modders work, then i think BIS needs to find where their breaking the game for them, idk

V.020 --> http://arma3.de/include.php?path=dow...contentid=1537

But i'll host the 3 versions on my Ftp if you guys want, but you'll need to pm me if you want them.

Drogno, could you please at least grant permissions for someone else to pick up work on the mod?

Edited by galzohar