n_icomach

Enhanced User Suppression System -WIP-

;2689682']N_Icomach' date=' you latest updated is litteraly "da bomb" but I must confess the explosion ringing is too high pitched, it almost hurts my old ears... could you tone it down to a more confortable decibles? (instead of an íííííiííííí sound, something like an ~u~u~u~u~u~u~u~u~u~, more bass like tone... the first ringing is manageble, but when it rings again after the 2s "momentary deafness", it is quite loud and annoying) Or at least make an userconfig so we can disable it, use it low or high (for the masochists???)!

Lovely to have supression effects on arma3, gotta admit I missed them a lot... but the new ringing is just too much...

BTW, I´ve tested both Raid´s M1 Abrams and your new EUSS with a GLT mod showcase and the ringing was happening everytime I shoot the main cannon... but now I´ve tested all available tanks (and mods as SFP Leo2, T-72, etc) in the BIS showcase "Tanks" and the bug is gone (the ringing is only triggered if an explosion happens nearby, as supposed to happen....), but if I noticed this in another mission I´ll post it here, and try to investigate more!

[edit'] Just tested again the same mission, the ringing happened when shooting the cannon just for the 2 first shots, only in the Abram, and If I left the tank and come back, it wouldn´t happen, unitl I could hit a wall or something really near the tank... this is ArmAIII, so strange bugs are bound to happen at random lol

thanks in advance! =)

Happy you like it. I will be adding a user config so you can tweak the sounds. I'll see bout lowering volume on the ring itself to a more comfortable level. As for the Abrams I have no idea but I'll take a look. Glad your enjoying the mod.

;2689682']N_Icomach' date=' you latest updated is litteraly "da bomb" but I must confess the explosion ringing is too high pitched, it almost hurts my old ears... could you tone it down to a more confortable decibles? (instead of an íííííiííííí sound, something like an ~u~u~u~u~u~u~u~u~u~, more bass like tone... the first ringing is manageble, but when it rings again after the 2s "momentary deafness", it is quite loud and annoying) Or at least make an userconfig so we can disable it, use it low or high (for the masochists???)!

Lovely to have supression effects on arma3, gotta admit I missed them a lot... but the new ringing is just too much...

BTW, I´ve tested both Raid´s M1 Abrams and your new EUSS with a GLT mod showcase and the ringing was happening everytime I shoot the main cannon... but now I´ve tested all available tanks (and mods as SFP Leo2, T-72, etc) in the BIS showcase "Tanks" and the bug is gone (the ringing is only triggered if an explosion happens nearby, as supposed to happen....), but if I noticed this in another mission I´ll post it here, and try to investigate more!

[edit'] Just tested again the same mission, the ringing happened when shooting the cannon just for the 2 first shots, only in the Abram, and If I left the tank and come back, it wouldn´t happen, unitl I could hit a wall or something really near the tank... this is ArmAIII, so strange bugs are bound to happen at random lol

thanks in advance! =)

While I agree the sound itself is a loud perhaps a touch too loud, but just a touch, the sound is perfect and in fact quite dramatic, really adds a sense of devastation to the grenades. I wouldn't personally change the sound for the sake of comfort. If you throw the frag and look away you wont hear the sound, so it's your call!

I seem to get the ringing sound from anywhere on the map, even if I'm miles away from any explosion, I also like the initial ringing and temporary deafness but then it seems to come back and that second part sounds unnatural.. I was running a couple of other mods so will test clean next time.

Just for the sake of not inventing the wheel a second time (I read about ringing) - BWMod guys also have a realism collection: https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM (need to pbo by yourself). Features: https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/wiki

Which is why I will include a use config if there is another mod there using that adds rings so they can turn it off. I'll be happy to take any useful criticism directly related to my mod. As for bugs reported I will fix them as soon as I can.

N_Icomach,

If I call in a virtual chopper the flash ringing sound goes off every time the chopper uses it mounted weapon.

N_Icomach,

If I call in a virtual chopper the flash ringing sound goes off every time the chopper uses it mounted weapon.

Is this in single player or multiplayer? Are you hosting? What's the chopper shooting. How close are the rounds landing to you?

Primary observation:

From my test I have found that the suppression blur seems to dissipate extremely fast while under heavy fire, possibly due to changing suppression levels. Blur is weak for first round, medium by the third round and heavy from the 5th until the 10th, but then clears up completely to no blur at all for the rest of the rounds passing by. Is this a desired effect, or should the blur effect be stacking to increase blur duration?

My test criteria = Player init "this allowdamage false"

Enemy = Opfor rifle group

Method = start in the airfield and run between cover, noting effects.

Secondary observation

The ringing effect post grenade explosion has too short a duration, perhaps it could be better tweaked to gradually fade out over two minutes?

Primary observation:

From my test I have found that the suppression blur seems to dissipate extremely fast while under heavy fire, possibly due to changing suppression levels. Blur is weak for first round, medium by the third round and heavy from the 5th until the 10th, but then clears up completely to no blur at all for the rest of the rounds passing by. Is this a desired effect, or should the blur effect be stacking to increase blur duration?

My test criteria = Player init "this allowdamage false"

Enemy = Opfor rifle group

Method = start in the airfield and run between cover, noting effects.

Secondary observation

The ringing effect post grenade explosion has too short a duration, perhaps it could be better tweaked to gradually fade out over two minutes?

Thank you for trying out the mod. The suppression's will only go up up the bullet actually hits near you. When trying to have it check for every bullet then goes by you it takes a hit on the system. As for the audio I will be tweaking this constantly trying to get it correct. I will take all this into consideration. If you notice any bugs feel free to notify me, thank you.

Is this in single player or multiplayer? Are you hosting? What's the chopper shooting. How close are the rounds landing to you?

Single player

It's when the chopper mini guns hit the ground, I'll check the chopper type in a sec..

V0.1 Beta Hotfix

-Disabled Ringing for now

-Adjusted suppression levels

Released quick hotfix, sorry for the issues guys. Im working on another update which will hopefully fix this Arma black magic.

Thank you very much for informing us of the hotfix version :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

My only feedback so far, if not mentioned by someone else already, is about your video. Don't talk when being fired at or when firing. We can't hear you over the noise. We have to kind of fill in the blanks by listening to what is said afterwards. good work though

Looking better and better with every update. With your next update I swear to grab a bunch of guys and put it through the works and come back here with feedback for you.

My only feedback so far, if not mentioned by someone else already, is about your video. Don't talk when being fired at or when firing. We can't hear you over the noise. We have to kind of fill in the blanks by listening to what is said afterwards. good work though

Next time I release a video ill keep that in mind. Thank you for trying it out.

---------- Post added at 04:34 ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 ----------

Looking better and better with every update. With your next update I swear to grab a bunch of guys and put it through the works and come back here with feedback for you.

Happy to hear it! If you have anything to report or like to see as the mod progresses let me know.

Quick Update. I have the ear ring working in single-player but not yet in multi-player. Also is a user config which allows the user to turn the ring off or on. Hopefully this will be released in a day or two with multi-player support.

V2 Beta is out! Please leave any constructive criticism in a forum post.

V0.2

-Re-Enabled Ear ring

-Added UserConfig

-Enabled Grenades for ear ring

-Adjusted Suppression effects

-Fixed Multiplayer Ear Ring

V2 Beta is out! Please leave any constructive criticism in a forum post.

V0.2

-Re-Enabled Ear ring

-Added UserConfig

-Enabled Grenades for ear ring

-Adjusted Suppression effects

-Fixed Multiplayer Ear Ring

Great!!!! Just tested and the new ring is quite manageble, now it is perfect, thanks!!!! ;)

cheers!

;2696779']Great!!!! Just tested and the new ring is quite manageble' date=' now it is perfect, thanks!!!! ;)

cheers![/quote']

Happy you enjoyed it! Noticed some issues still in multiplayer. Tends to get delayed by a second or two.

Thank you very much for informing us of the updated version :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

As with this update, I've downloaded and will be gathering a testing group tomorrow for more feedback for you.

As with this update, I've downloaded and will be gathering a testing group tomorrow for more feedback for you.

Thanks for taking the time!

N_Icomach,

Here is the results of my play testing with myself and 4 others. First the single player stuff.

General Overall Impressions -

Very much a work in progress, but nice

Grenade ring is fine right where this is. Not too loud, but not too quiet. The temporary black and white filter for this is also a nice touch.

Visual Effects -

Enemy's fire and when the bullets hit around you or objects you get that pixel screen effect good to know that you're taking more fire than you think you are and to get your head down. Nice that it forces you to take about a 5 second break, it adds immersion.

- Suggestion - Make it so the pixel effect never covers up at least the area where you are pointing your rifle.

This will at least give you an area where you can effectively see out of. It doesn't have to be very big, but from what I saw, it became much harder to find where fire was coming from. It's "Fun" to have your effectiveness reduced, but not to the point where it hinders your ability so much to fight back.

Also the black and white filter, some is fine but currently at the "max" level of suppression might be a bit much. Or at least, according to our tastes.

Again, having multiple settings for the filter in a user confiq could help use pick the level we'd like to use.

Single Player -

During SP or in the editor the suppression Mod works like a charm.

Multiplayer -

We conducted this test on a self host. The multiplayer aspect of this doesn't seem to be working correctly. Or maybe it's an issue with self host? We did not try a dedicated server.

The suppression effects did not seem to work hardly at all when players shot at other players. At least not of the same side, when one player would take over an enemy player (With Zeus or MCC) and shoot at us. The effects usually never took place. On some occasions they did, but it was never consistent.

So we spawned in AI and had them start shooting at us, same thing happened. The suppression effects would very rarely work.

Or in most cases, some effects would be working for a player or two, but not the others. While the opposite would be true for the them.

We tried this with standing out in the open.

Taking cover behind walls and/or vehicles.

Not sure if intended or a bug. When in a vehicle getting shot at, you get no effects. But upon exiting the vehicle you would instantly get the full effect depending on how much fire you had taken. But then this would slowly vanish away and would not work again unless you got back in the vehicle.

Does this mean the suppression effects only work when players actually join a "side" that is hostile to each other? And not using MCC/Zeus control?

Also not sure if its intended or not, but when you are laying down at shooting the black and white filter pops on and washes out your screen. But not all players got this effect, or rather it seemed to rotate amongst us.

I'm not sure if all the triggers for your effects are playing nicely with several people running around on a self host.

Otherwise so far so good. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Edited by Karneck