n_icomach

Enhanced User Suppression System -WIP-

N_Icomach,

Here is the results of my play testing with myself and 4 others. First the single player stuff.

General Overall Impressions -

Very much a work in progress, but nice

Grenade ring is fine right where this is. Not too loud, but not too quiet. The temporary black and white filter for this is also a nice touch.

Visual Effects -

Enemy's fire and when the bullets hit around you or objects you get that pixel screen effect good to know that you're taking more fire than you think you are and to get your head down. Nice that it forces you to take about a 5 second break, it adds immersion.

- Suggestion - Make it so the pixel effect never covers up at least the area where you are pointing your rifle.

This will at least give you an area where you can effectively see out of. It doesn't have to be very big, but from what I saw, it became much harder to find where fire was coming from. It's "Fun" to have your effectiveness reduced, but not to the point where it hinders your ability so much to fight back.

Also the black and white filter, some is fine but currently at the "max" level of suppression might be a bit much. Or at least, according to our tastes.

Again, having multiple settings for the filter in a user confiq could help use pick the level we'd like to use.

Single Player -

During SP or in the editor the suppression Mod works like a charm.

Multiplayer -

We conducted this test on a self host. The multiplayer aspect of this doesn't seem to be working correctly. Or maybe it's an issue with self host? We did not try a dedicated server.

The suppression effects did not seem to work hardly at all when players shot at other players. At least not of the same side, when one player would take over an enemy player (With Zeus or MCC) and shoot at us. The effects usually never took place. On some occasions they did, but it was never consistent.

So we spawned in AI and had them start shooting at us, same thing happened. The suppression effects would very rarely work.

Or in most cases, some effects would be working for a player or two, but not the others. While the opposite would be true for the them.

We tried this with standing out in the open.

Taking cover behind walls and/or vehicles.

Not sure if intended or a bug. When in a vehicle getting shot at, you get no effects. But upon exiting the vehicle you would instantly get the full effect depending on how much fire you had taken. But then this would slowly vanish away and would not work again unless you got back in the vehicle.

Does this mean the suppression effects only work when players actually join a "side" that is hostile to each other? And not using MCC/Zeus control?

Also not sure if its intended or not, but when you are laying down at shooting the black and white filter pops on and washes out your screen. But not all players got this effect, or rather it seemed to rotate amongst us.

I'm not sure if all the triggers for your effects are playing nicely with several people running around on a self host.

Otherwise so far so good. Let me know if you have any other questions.

As for the multiplayer I dont know how MCC has you "Possess" an AI. The mod will not allow friendly players to suppress each other (Can you imagine how annoying that would be?). As for the effects when running on our multiplayer server it works like a charm. I am aware the ring effect is delayed in multiplayer and have a possible theory on why. I will see what I can do about the suppression effect with a radial blur.

Vehicles you will not get suppressed at all and I personally haven't experienced getting shot at in a vehicle, then disembarking and being hit with a bunch of suppression at once. Is it possible you could record this? This entire mod is client side so it shouldnt matter whose the host.

Is it possible for you to test this mod on a dedicated server?

As for the multiplayer I dont know how MCC has you "Possess" an AI. The mod will not allow friendly players to suppress each other (Can you imagine how annoying that would be?). As for the effects when running on our multiplayer server it works like a charm. I am aware the ring effect is delayed in multiplayer and have a possible theory on why. I will see what I can do about the suppression effect with a radial blur.

Vehicles you will not get suppressed at all and I personally haven't experienced getting shot at in a vehicle, then disembarking and being hit with a bunch of suppression at once. Is it possible you could record this? This entire mod is client side so it shouldnt matter whose the host.

Is it possible for you to test this mod on a dedicated server?

When you open MCC, you can select any AI on the map and use the "Hijack" button located on the MCC control panel to then control that AI, regardless of your and their faction. As the mod will not allow friendly players to suppress each other, it is my assumption then that MCC/ZEUS players if they are on the same "side" of the people they are shooting at, even if they hijack a "hostile side" the effects will not likely work then. I will attempt to gather my testers again and be sure to record that aspect.

I will gather my testers again and acquire footage of the strange vehicle suppression.

I will gather us on my dedicated server on our next attempt.

I would of taken footage before hand, but it was late and my video space is taken up by another project and wanted to make sure I got feedback to you.

I'll be rather busy but I'll attempt to have this to you either before Thursday, or sometime next week.

When you open MCC, you can select any AI on the map and use the "Hijack" button located on the MCC control panel to then control that AI, regardless of your and their faction. As the mod will not allow friendly players to suppress each other, it is my assumption then that MCC/ZEUS players if they are on the same "side" of the people they are shooting at, even if they hijack a "hostile side" the effects will not likely work then. I will attempt to gather my testers again and be sure to record that aspect.

I will gather my testers again and acquire footage of the strange vehicle suppression.

I will gather us on my dedicated server on our next attempt.

I would of taken footage before hand, but it was late and my video space is taken up by another project and wanted to make sure I got feedback to you.

I'll be rather busy but I'll attempt to have this to you either before Thursday, or sometime next week.

I appreciate the help!

Actually no need to get the footage Karneck, I already know why its suddenly making you suppressed when out of a vehicle. I will let you know details tomorrow Nico.

Btw, I like how you haven't yet put my name in the special thanks section yet, you jerk :P

Actually no need to get the footage Karneck, I already know why its suddenly making you suppressed when out of a vehicle. I will let you know details tomorrow Nico.

Btw, I like how you haven't yet put my name in the special thanks section yet, you jerk :P

Woops my bad man! Added your name to the ever growing list.

Putting this project on the shelf for now. I will continue to work on it at a later date, for now im focusing my attention to Emp Pack

Thanks for the large amount of work you've already poured into this mod. I hope you'll be able to return to this sooner than later. :)

Thanks for the large amount of work you've already poured into this mod. I hope you'll be able to return to this sooner than later. :)

Ill be picking it up once the models are done for the EMP pack. I'm estimating ill be picking it back up in a few weeks. Thanks for your amazing feedback!

Thanks for this mod N_Icomach. I notice when placing explosive charges the effect kicked in...gray screen and all. Not sure it was already discussed. Searched thread for "charges" with no results.

v0.3 Beta is now out!

-Adjusted CamShake with latest ArmA 3 update

-Increased maximum suppression variable

I am still busy working on the model for the EMP mod, this update is just to solve some game breaking issues.

Thank you very much for informing us of the updated version :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated to latest

v0.4 is out now!

-Decreased time it takes for suppression to wear off

-Added @EUSS_No_Weapon_Shake for those who dont want to have weapons shake while shooting.

not very fair play to not quote my name or my mod in your project ;)

Anyway, great job on this mod !

ps: don't forget to change my APU_ ofpec tag in your variables names !

And don't forget to ask the author permission next time.

Edited by Apouh

not very fair play to not quote my name or my mod in your project ;)

Anyway, great job on this mod !

ps: don't forget to change my APU_ ofpec tag in your variables names !

And don't forget to ask the author permission next time.

My apologies for not including you in the credits. I did base EUSS off the original WIZ but its been completely re-written since the first release. Credits updated.

Edited by N_Icomach