Sign in to follow this  
PlacidPaul

How to use ModuleCAS_F

easy method for combine the script with a radio trigger and laserdesignation from a JTAC, only adjusted one line.

_center = createCenter sideLogic;    
_group = createGroup _center;    
_pos = position laserTarget player;      //attack pos is now lasertarget of "player"/can be changed to any actual unit variable of course (case of multiplayer use)
_cas = _group createUnit ["ModuleCAS_F",_pos , [], 0, ""];   
_cas setDir 180;
_cas setVariable ["vehicle","B_Plane_CAS_01_F",true]; 
_cas setVariable ["type", 2,true];

Works great, but how do I get the plane to auto target the object. I would like them to lock their missiles onto the object I have designated from the cursor position...like a tank. I'm using this for their target position.

_pos = screenToWorld [0.5,0.5];// land position

if (!isnull cursortarget) then { _pos = getpos cursortarget};// building / object position

Hi guys.

Is the module broken?

Cause I'd like to have the module on the map and have it activated only by a trigger.

So, I placed the module on the map, sync. it to the trigger (for example, radio Alpha) and set preview.

But whatever I do, the plane spawn at the beginning of the mission, not when the trigger is activated.

So, please, can someone tell me HOW THE HELL I can have this fucking module activated ONLY BY A GODAMN TRIGGER please?

Thanks

Hi guys.

Is the module broken?

Cause I'd like to have the module on the map and have it activated only by a trigger.

So, I placed the module on the map, sync. it to the trigger (for example, radio Alpha) and set preview.

But whatever I do, the plane spawn at the beginning of the mission, not when the trigger is activated.

So, please, can someone tell me HOW THE HELL I can have this fucking module activated ONLY BY A GODAMN TRIGGER please?

Thanks

It doesn't act like a trigger. Its a Zeus effect meaning its going to come in no matter what.

Make the trigger spawn the module. The CAS will always come in on the module's creation as that's how the module is made to work.

It sucks...

Ok, thanks guys.

hi all any idea to help me i ve been searching but nothing, i ve made a script pack and wanted to add just like a bomb run with RHS A10 my scrip calculate numbers of ia on each side and launch other stuff like mortars and so...    the thing i just want to do like i did on my own vehicle spawn script (tank, car...) is at the end of previus time i need to despawn the aircraft.... with cars or other i just gave a random point faraway, give command to move to & destroy it with a distance condition, how can i aply it to plane spawned by the module, i mean just found name of it and send it away of the action zone?

this script does not work anymore, anybody a clue why? no errors, no air support....

Back from the dead this post arises. Soooo im a newb to all scripting and mission creating but im making a warlords mission where i want the JTACs on each team serve as a CAS requester since there is no module for that (ModuleCAS_F that is), i was hoping someone could add it as an addAction for the JTAC on a cooldown or with limited uses or both, preferably the first. and to where they are looking, just as you see it when the CAS  runs from heli and/or arty support provider modules.

@MrSplendid, late to the party, but I have an answer. The module can no longer be created using the createUnit command. You'll have to use the spawn command.

private _position = getPosWorld player;
private _logic = createSimpleObject ["Building", _position, true];
_logic setVariable ["Type", 2];
_logic setVariable ["Vehicle", "B_Plane_CAS_01_F"];

[_logic, [], true] spawn BIS_fnc_moduleCAS;

Simple example.

• Like 1