giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Hello,

On 3/21/2023 at 3:52 AM, Janos said:

hello, we've just started running the mission in a server of or own (in the takistan) but there's been a problem in the lobby, where the translator role doesn't show up. is there a way to add the role or the skill manually to the players through the zeus?

Just download the mission again

Or you can add in init field this https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/mission.sqm#L786

18 hours ago, MacMillan CCT said:

Can I set this object to create/spawn a new veihcle during the mission?

Yes just enable it with missiosn parameters: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/param.hpp#L440-L444

Cheers

@Vdauphin Awesome work as always ❤️

I'm planing to edit a winter version of Hearts and Minds for our community this weekend.
A small question before I get started. ..

- Is there any enemy winter units added yet? If not, can I just use a retexture mod for RHSAFRF, or do I have to add'em.. . very long time since I did that!?

Edit: Found it, thanks 😄 http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Add-factions

• Like 1

Hey @Vdauphin

Can I, and if possible, how do I remove the arrow markers in the side missions convoy and capture_officer?

Hello,

I recently completed a port of H&M to a new map for our community using version 1.23.1. We noticed that when players disconnected and then later reconnected they would spawn at the position which they had disconnected. While this is a cool feature I would prefer to not utilize it. I have disabled slot sharing via the mission parameters but it still appears to place players at the position where they disconnected when they rejoin. Is there a mission parameter I am missing or a variable I can change which would allow players to always spawn at their unit's starting position in the editor? Or will it require deeper script editing to disable this feature? I appreciate the help.

- ArcticFox 

Hello,

1 hour ago, ArcticFox737 said:

Is there a mission parameter I am missing or a variable I can change which would allow players to always spawn at their unit's starting position in the editor? 

No, but you have an option to return to base from FOB. Without this feature, you will not be able to respawn where you left your persistent vehicles

Cheers

Hello,

It is possible to configure the mission to save the player's position before the player left the game?

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.23.2 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only.

Changelog :

• Mission.sqm/Param.hpp not changed.
  • FIX: Leader get teleported/loadout/medical when a player in the same group join a game (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Rearm interaction translation (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Can't rearm a rearm source (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

• Like 1

Hey there we've recently updated to 1.23.1 and everything is good so far.

One thing we've noticed is that from time to time running on dedicated there seems to be a problem with the local vermin. Very occasionally - about 1% of the time, some side missions appear with a rabbit as "Person". This was observed with the nautical rescue/medical emergency mission and the free hostage objective. IDK what is going on here, I can only tell you that non of these side missions were changed on our behalf. We only modified vehicle spawning and the safety perimeter.

Example of what is going on. It seems to be restricted to side missions where a civilian is involved.

https://imgur.com/a/xeI9bIU

It's not a huge issue, we can easily load up a new side mission but perhaps it's something to look into. 😉

Edit: Killing off the rabbit will make the mission fail as if it failed normally. A new side objective is generated afterwards.

Edited by lukio
Addendum

Hello, @Vdauphin I'm facing a situation where:
I have in "markers" where, one is like HQ(btc_base), a rectangle with the variable name of (BLUFOR_BASE) and another respawn with the name of, sniper track with variable name of (respawn_westAtir)
This inside the dedicated is generating me a random respawn when some new operator enters the server it is not directed to any of the respawns as said above.
The respawn is sending the operator to a position (076311) in a letter, and when the operator joins the server he is thrown into that position with broken legs and arms. In Description I have the following description:
respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 20;
respawnDialog = 0;
respawnOnStart = 0;
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition", "Tickets"};

I am facing this condition, on H&M 1.23.2

Thank you for your attention.
D'Paula CETCAM

Hello,

3 hours ago, lukio said:

Very occasionally - about 1% of the time, some side missions appear with a rabbit as "Person".

You selected the wrong civilian faction in mission parameters

Basically you selected animals "1 - Bohemia Interactive: Other (Side: CIV)" instead of "0 - Bohemia Interactive: Civilians (Side: CIV)"

38 minutes ago, D'Paula said:

I have in "markers" where, one is like HQ(btc_base), a rectangle with the variable name of (BLUFOR_BASE) and another respawn with the name of, sniper track with variable name of (respawn_westAtir)
This inside the dedicated is generating me a random respawn when some new operator enters the server it is not directed to any of the respawns as said above.
The respawn is sending the operator to a position (076311) in a letter, and when the operator joins the server he is thrown into that position with broken legs and arms. In Description I have the following description:

I don't really understand what is going on here. Please check if your issue appear in a unchanged version of H&M and create an issue here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/new?assignees=&labels=bug&template=bug_report.md&title=

41 minutes ago, D'Paula said:

his inside the dedicated is generating me a random respawn when some new operator enters the server it is not directed to any of the respawns as said above.

Isn't just the player persistence running as describe below?

Cheers

• Like 1

where is the re-deploy base in the PBO?
I seem to be having some conflict between these calls...

D'Paula CETCAM

2 minutes ago, D'Paula said:

where is the re-deploy base in the PBO?

There is a respawn_west marker in mission.sqm

Do you mean the ACE interaction?

7 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

There is a respawn_west marker in mission.sqm

Do you mean the ACE interaction?

I have a respawn_west, respawn_west_Atir in mission .sqm
and yes ACE interaction

yo @Vdauphin

I just moved the H&M mission over to a smaller custom map and would need help to reduce the amount of "activity circles", how do I fix that?

59 minutes ago, D'Paula said:

I have a respawn_west, respawn_west_Atir in mission .sqm

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/int/add_actions.sqf#L196-L199

Just remove your respawn_west_Atir

43 minutes ago, bodybaq said:

how do I fix that?

H&M populate the map automatically, you can't change this

Change the ratio of occupied city? https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/param.hpp#L182-L187

• Like 1

Hello,

9 minutes ago, MacMillan CCT said:

It's possible to set a fast travel option form the Main base to FOB?

Just ACE interact with Arsenal/redeploy red box

Cheers

Hello, 

I`m creating an OPFOR mission, can I change the flag type that appears inside the FOB?

Thanks.

16 hours ago, MacMillan CCT said:

Hello, 

I`m creating an OPFOR mission, can I change the flag type that appears inside the FOB?

Thanks.

Hello, 

Solved, Thanks

I have two questions that still persist in the H&M mission.
1- fog, no matter how much I change Ace's time, leaving it at 8 hours, taking out the height in relation to sea level, the fog continues to activate after a while. And I always need to log in as administrator and execute 0 setFog 0. Is there a way to not have fog on the server?
2- within the logistics, I manage to repair the carcasses, but I am using the aircraft, Hatchet H-60 pack, when the aircraft is destroyed and becomes a carcass, when I place it on the logistics mat, the aircraft, when the wreckage is repaired, it does not return with the Hatchet H-60 pack aircraft, but the RHS UH60 aircraft. How to repair the aircraft Hatchet h60 pack?

D'Paula CETCAM

Hello,

20 minutes ago, D'Paula said:

Is there a way to not have fog on the server?

May be ask to A3 discord?

22 minutes ago, D'Paula said:

with the Hatchet H-60 pack aircraft, but the RHS UH60 aircraft.

Looks like a bug from your mod

Cheers

The 'Change Weather' at ammoBox  doesn't work.   ( ? ) // MayB it does.. just sunny all the time.   Why is there no 'Noreen' .338 marksman rifle to go with the .338 ammo in the Nato special weapons box.?

How about the locked door thing .. I have a wirecutters in my backpack but there is no avenue for doors unlock.  ??   

On 4/20/2023 at 6:16 PM, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

You selected the wrong civilian faction in mission parameters

Basically you selected animals "1 - Bohemia Interactive: Other (Side: CIV)" instead of "0 - Bohemia Interactive: Civilians (Side: CIV)"

Yes this corrected it for the issue mentioned, now both params
btc_p_civ & btc_p_civ_veh

are set to 0.

yet we still sometimes have a "suicide bomber" rabbit shouting "Alluha-Akbar" and blowing everyone up from time to time.  It's good for laughs, I must admit 🤣